Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   GW Full Year Report is out (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/95057-gw-full-year-report-out.html)

MadCowCrazy 07-27-11 06:12 PM

GW Full Year Report is out

It's been out for a few days now but here is the yearly summary from GW.

2011 Full Year Report

When reading through it I spotted this gem:
Quote:

Sales
Reported sales decreased by 2.7% to 123.1 million for the year. However, on a constant currency basis, sales were down by 2.9% from
126.5 million to 122.8 million; progress was achieved in Emerging Markets and Japan (+2.1%) and in the Other business units (+7%) while
sales in Continental Europe (+0.6%) were flat. UK (-6.3%), North America (-4.8%) and Australia (-11.8%) were in decline.
Australian sales are down by -11.8%? Geee, I wonder why.... maybe they just dont like it up the ass as much as GW thinks?

Doelago 07-27-11 06:14 PM

Hmm, wonder how they could increase the Australian sales, eh?

spanner94ezekiel 07-27-11 06:19 PM

Hmmm... maybe by raising prices and cutting off exports to Aus. No wait they've done that.

Keecai 07-27-11 06:47 PM

This might explain the recent price hikes....

Haskanael 07-27-11 06:53 PM

those price hikes won't solve their problem on the long run tho.

Keecai 07-27-11 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haskanael (Post 1034871)
those price hikes won't solve their problem on the long run tho.

completely agree...
but i bet it made up for (and caused) some of those drops in sales.

ZARDRA 07-27-11 07:19 PM

dont be supprised if there are more price increases next year, 6th ed is 100% on it's way.
lets see how much the start charging for a warhound titan in a gw store next year.

Haskanael 07-27-11 07:41 PM

big problem is if they keep raising the costs a lot of people WILL quit getting new stuff. unlike all the pointless rants from people i hear that keep on getting GW stuff anyways. but at this rate i get the feeling that the Price hikes get more frequent.

I also know loads of people that would play either LoTr warhammer or 40K if it was just a bit cheaper. i recon this counts for loads of people all around the world. what would happen if they would decrease the prices to allow lower income persons to join the hobby?

Either it would solve their problem on the long run. or it would backfire and the company would end up broke.

Fallen 07-27-11 07:45 PM

its things like this that makes me wish that i took Econ/Business classes more seriously...

but from what i understand...i think...GW made LESS money this past fiscal year than the fiscal year before, correct?

Quote:

sales in Continental Europe (+0.6%) were flat. UK (-6.3%), North America (-4.8%) and Australia (-11.8%) were in decline.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy (Post 1034832)
Australian sales are down by -11.8%? Geee, I wonder why.... maybe they just dont like it up the ass as much as GW thinks?

same thing in the US, Canada & UK...seems like the mainland Europeans are the only ones being conned "correctly"

HOBO 07-27-11 08:59 PM

The Australian drop of 11.8% doesn't really include the Embargo backlash, because that was announced the last week of May and the Finance Report ended the end of May...it'll be 2012's financial year's report that'll show the true extent of the backlash.