Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   =][= Rumours Roundup : Sisters of Battle - White Dwarf Released (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/93326-%3D%5D%5B%3D-rumours-roundup-sisters-battle-white-dwarf-released.html)

Necrosis 04-13-11 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azezel (Post 937993)
You see!

Anyway - I'm going to disagree with MCC and say that the Sisterhood would absolutely not ally with xenos, even briefly. Space Marines would, even the Guard, but it's just not in the Sisters' nature.

The Sisters are not fools and they are not idiots, but they are zealots, and their faith is absolute. They will never, ever compromise, never give on even the most insignificant matter.

Hold on if sisters of battle are willing to work with a heretical rouge pskyer then why not a xeno? Remember faith and fire.

Shandathe 04-13-11 10:02 PM

I remember that book all too well... Ignoring for a bit that the story got buried under trivia and most of the characters were made out of thin cardboard, the Sister that did so was not only trying to find out about something worse, she wasn't so much working with him as holding him at gunpoint.

And she still ended up demoted, tossed out of the Celestians for her trouble.

mahavira 04-13-11 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrosis (Post 938251)
Hold on if sisters of battle are willing to work with a heretical rouge pskyer then why not a xeno? Remember faith and fire.

I've been trying to forget it...

As to who they would or would not ally with, it rather depends on the situation and your definition of ally. If there's a demonic invasion, I have difficulty thinking that they wouldn't at least entertain a "we'll shoot you later" agreement with most xenos races, which is probably the extent of any cross factional alliance in the grim darkness of the far future.

Azezel 04-13-11 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrosis (Post 938251)

Faith & Fire, if written accurately, would have been ten pages long. The moment she heard witchspeech in her mind Sister Miriya would have filled Vaughn with enough neurotoxin and/or boltshells to kill a concrete elephant.

Although the first time I read it I was willing to overlook that bit and give the book another chance. That chance was used up when someone burst into a Canonness' office waving a chainsword and didn't get his head blown off either by instinct or on general principle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahavira (Post 938466)
If there's a demonic invasion, I have difficulty thinking that they wouldn't at least entertain a "we'll shoot you later" agreement with most xenos races, which is probably the extent of any cross factional alliance in the grim darkness of the far future.

Yep, that's about the size of it. It's not an alliance it's... Target prioritization.

TheSpore 04-14-11 01:09 AM

isnt that the same concept as the BA and necrons battle

Winterous 04-14-11 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSpore (Post 938602)
isnt that the same concept as the BA and necrons battle

Yes, which serves to suggest that the Necrons aren't mindless automatons, butt conscious beings.

rasolyo 04-14-11 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winterous (Post 938690)
...butt conscious beings.

I guess they've gone too far with their diets, then. They look anorexic! :P

TheSpore 04-14-11 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winterous (Post 938690)
Yes, which serves to suggest that the Necrons aren't mindless automatons, butt conscious beings.

From some of the stories ive read andsome fluff in the codex it does show that even if they weren't mindless beings that they still have somewhat of a thought process capable of reasoning. Hence forth why they still have to take morale tests

ashikenshin 04-14-11 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rasolyo (Post 938761)
I guess they've gone too far with their diets, then. They look anorexic! :P

I guess they couldn't blame the pants. :biggrin:

I want the next codex to make my 2000+ points of necron turn into 1000 so I have an excuse to buy the new shinnies :D

MadCowCrazy 04-14-11 05:35 PM

I own like 100+ warriors and 10+ destroyers, I'm hoping to get some plastic flayed ones as those are my favourite necrons :D