Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   General 40k (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/14-general-40k/)
-   -   What army suffers at your hobby shop (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/general-40k/92894-what-army-suffers-your-hobby-shop.html)

search116 06-23-11 02:51 PM

What army suffers at your hobby shop

Well I started this thread to see what army suffers the most in your hobby shop win/loss wise, this can be based on terrain, the individual player, or codex creep.
At my hobby shop the orks suffer as they all play heavy mechanized and that doesn't fly due to the heavy amount of terrain and narrow choke points.

Ratvan 06-23-11 03:03 PM

My Dark Eldar since I only really bought the figures to model and paint and haven't quite figured out how to use them game wise. I can usually manage to work a squad through a combat gain a pain token then get hammered by shooting as I've chased stuff down with the raiders when I should keep them close to the troops for the re deploy.

Basically I know where I am going wrong, I just can't help myself!

Moonschwine 06-23-11 03:10 PM

Everyone mot playing space marines.

Blood Angels....Blood Angels everywhere...

C'Tan Chimera 06-23-11 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonschwine (Post 1009325)
Everyone mot playing space marines.

Blood Angels....Blood Angels everywhere...

That right there. No army suffers here because they are all equal Marines. Truthfully it gets rather boring. In that sense I guess you could also say any army NOT Space Marines suffers.

The Son of Horus 06-23-11 06:47 PM

I try pretty hard to maintain a casual environment around here. Every army seems to do equally well in that environment. We even have a Necron player who does quite well--including in tournaments, which are very competitive and somewhat cutthroat around here (and are a departure from the more normal casual environment since we have a huge out of town attendance for those). If any army truly suffers locally, it's probably because it hasn't been played regularly. For example, a lot of folks around here have Tyranids, but nobody plays them on a weekly basis... you see a Tyranid army maybe once every couple months these days. And they usually get beaten up on because whoever's playing them tries to play them like they're something else.

Doelago 06-23-11 06:48 PM

The Yu-Gi-Oh army. No, fuck seriously.

No idea really, the one I call my "local store" (or the two) are stores I visit (or am able to visit) maybe 2 or 3 times a year each, and I dont hang around long enough to see how the games end. :(

Pssyche 06-23-11 07:05 PM

What army suffers?
Pretty much anything you put in front of my Eldar.
Particularly my long time adversary Scott's Tyranids.

Unless, of course you're called DJ, you own an elastic tape measure, and you field 20% more than your points allowance for an army you pick AFTER seeing your opponent's list and models.

Dawnstar 06-24-11 02:54 AM

Probably Chaos Daemons, cause no-one around here plays them :laugh:

Xela 06-24-11 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pssyche (Post 1009469)
What army suffers?
Pretty much anything you put in front of my Eldar.
Particularly my long time adversary Scott's Tyranids.

Unless, of course you're called DJ, you own an elastic tape measure, and you field 20% more than your points allowance for an army you pick AFTER seeing your opponent's list and models.

That's cheating....

And at my store, Space Marines because no one there knows how to play them

sybarite 06-24-11 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawnstar (Post 1009770)
Probably Chaos Daemons, cause no-one around here plays them :laugh:

l agree with you there in my area we got 4 necrons player and one daemon, overall l don't think l have ever seen him win one game :(.

as for SM the most common one is GK's (we got 12 people who play them now.) oddly unlike Moonschwine and C'Tan Chimera. BA are very uncommon with only 3 people who play them and only 1 of those 3 use them often