Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Kill Teams (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/147-kill-teams/)
-   -   Mass firefight fun w/ IG! (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/kill-teams/92107-mass-firefight-fun-w-ig.html)

Brother Gerhart 06-13-11 01:23 AM

Mass firefight fun w/ IG!

So I have been building two seperate Guard killteams in a bit of an unconventional manner. You see, I am a prior military man myself and have always loved everything tactical. I have found that by creating a larger almost un-killteams army you can play with real-world military tactics! Much fun, I recommend that you try this out.
I will give the list that I use in both armies then touch briefly on both of them afterwards.

List:
Platoon Command Squad
Plt Commander*
Medipack*
Sniper (Stealth)
Mortar Team
Squad A (8 Models, 1 hvy team)
Sgt
Flamer (Feel No Pain)
Heavy Bolter
Squad B (8 Models, 1 hvy team)
Sgt
Flamer
Heavy Bolter (Relentless)

* House rules are used to dictate that ALL units within 6" of the Commander can receive orders, and ALL units within 6" of the Medipack receive FNP

So thats the list and a couple of house rules to make it more enjoyable. I recommend playing 3'x3' tables with as much terrain as possible. I love the urban settings personally. Perhaps I will post some pics of what these games look like and such. The sniper and mortar team make for some really cool cinamatic battles, and provide some great conversion/modelling opportunities. I have 2 armies that are build with this list, one is Cadian and the other is Renegade Militia. Both armies are mostly forge world and converted and look great tearing each other apart in bombed out ruins.
Thoughts, ideas, suggestions, insults even...all feedback is welcome, enjoy!

death_from_below 10-07-11 07:47 AM

i think it sounds awesome, might poach this one of you! :P would like to know everyone else's thoughts

Tim Schmidt 10-22-11 10:14 PM

Your house rules for orders and FNP from medipack may be a bit too much. Maybe just the 1st wound per phase/turn gets FNP for anyone in 6" per medipack (MEDIC!!).

Nappyfarp 03-17-12 02:35 PM

Im going to try to run this one at a kill team tourney today, so I will let you know how it goes!

khrone forever 03-17-12 04:30 PM

um nappyfarp, if you are going with the kill team tourney dont take the medipack, as they wont let the 6" rule through, so its a waste of 30pts

Dark Messiah 06-07-12 01:17 PM

That's a nice idea, I've got a bucket load of guard lying around.. somewhere. Might have to take some ideas from this. Sheer weight of numbers would be pretty fun to use, especially with all those orders flying around.

Just wish I had more terrain..