Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Modelling and Painting (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/27-modelling-painting/)
-   -   Looted Carnifex birthday present (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/modelling-painting/92092-looted-carnifex-birthday-present.html)

Azwaz 06-12-11 08:54 PM

Looted Carnifex birthday present

5 Attachment(s)
Ok, so these are the first pictures of anything I've done before being put online so be as gentle as you like with me... (I hope this is the right forum for conversions)

I started this project about November last year, E-Baying the various bits and bobs, did some scetches when I could, writing rules for it and such. I was inspired when some friends were looking at some pictures of looted carnifex's, I really liked them and had seen them before... but my friend who collects Orks hadnt seen them and was getting really excited about them and how wicked they looked. I know he appreciates the work that goes into converstions and stuff... I collect Tyranids, He's got Orks...

So naturally I dived into a project that started 7 months ago and give him his birthday presant today, it was well recieved : ) . I have stressed to my other friends how I do not intend on making a habit of 7 month conversion projects for birthday presants.

The pictures I've got are unpainted so you can (try) to see what I've done. If anyones got any questions or advice on how I could do something in the future, they are welcome to do so.

Salio 06-12-11 09:09 PM

This looks abosultely AMAZING! Great work. You have amazing moddelling skills and obviously a huge amount of patience (I'm jealous!). Your friend is very lucky. Great job man, I would love to see pictures of it painted if you get the chance. +rep!

Viscount Vash 06-12-11 09:10 PM

Some awesome looting.

I can see why this took you some time to complete.

Your attention to detail is great, it is a shame the attached images are not bigger so that more of your work can be seen.

Cool stuff hope you post more soon ish.

+Reppage.

spanner94ezekiel 06-12-11 09:12 PM

Cool stuff dude :) +rep

Azwaz 06-12-11 09:17 PM

It took me ages just to figure out how to attatch them at all! I'm not used to doing it : ). To be honest I'm not sure the quality of the pictures is that great, and I wasnt sure what size to post them... I'll endevour put some better ones up next time. Well its in the hands of my friend now, he's pretty good at painting so once its done I'll get more pictures up again.

I probably wouldnt have put that much effort into something for anyone else, I know he really appreciates that kinda thing... we're both really into the details, mythology/story behind stuff... I quite enjoyed making it, but the pressure was on as his birthday crept up!

Thanks for the extra rep guys. this is all very new for me : D

Azwaz 06-12-11 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viscount Vash (Post 998976)
Your attention to detail is great, it is a shame the attached images are not bigger so that more of your work can be seen.

Those are the only picturs I have, a friend has some others I think... if anyone wants to see a specific bit more closely, I can try and get a better picture of that from what I have but I dont want ot put MASSIVE repeat pictures up for people to wade through.

Maidel 06-12-11 10:22 PM

Often I dont like something because I feel its not 'fluffy'.

However in this case I simply dont care :)

Make sure your friend does it justice with the paint job!

DestroyerHive 06-12-11 10:36 PM

Fantastic work.

Flindo 06-13-11 12:32 AM

I imagine it will look quite excellent painted.

Anarkitty 06-13-11 08:31 PM

I love it. The fact that a Nids player gave it as a gift to an Orks player just makes it 100x more awesome too.
The concept is great, and the execution is even better.
Totally +rep