Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Modelling and Painting (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/27-modelling-painting/)
-   -   Non-Death Company, Death Company Army (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/modelling-painting/91871-non-death-company-death-company-army.html)

TattooedGreenMan 06-09-11 07:03 PM

Non-Death Company, Death Company Army

I know the title is a bit confusing. But a few days ago at like 4 am I came to an epiphany. I want to change the color scheme of my Blood Angels. I want to paint the entire army in Death Company colors. Now you may ask why on earth would I do that. Well the answer is quite simple. The fluff that I came up with for my army was that Legio Angelus Mortis was still mourning the death of their blessed primarch Sanguinius. So this chapter is ALL on the verge of the Black Rage. It is only a matter of time before they succum to the rage so they don the black armor of the Death Company in preperation of the thirst permantly overtaking them. Now the army will include real DCs so in order to make them different I will paint the ring around the base red. Plus I also will be doing this for sheer psychological warfare. I mean who wouldn't shite themselves seeing that much DC on the table. I am in the process of repainting the models that are needing the transformation. Working on my termies rtight now. As soon as I have finished some of them I will post here with pics. So tell me what ya'll think of this idea. :victory:

greenee22 06-09-11 07:11 PM

ideas like this are always appreciated by me! great!
looking forward to the pictures.

aboytervigon 06-09-11 07:12 PM

soooo Your not using Dc rules? You sure? those dreads are uber powerful?

fatmantis 06-10-11 12:13 AM

its a great idea, good fluff, but haveing that much black? why not try and leave a little blood angels colouring just too show that the havent fully raged out, like say a red shoulde guard, i dont know just an idea, looking forward to the progress on this one.

Kharnas 06-10-11 01:37 AM

diggin the idea, DC are one of my favorite concepts in C:BA

With a whole army of them, all the black might kinda ball together and loose a bit of its impact.

Thankfully you can break it up with all the red bits.

Might pay to look at the whole red shoulder or panel idea, its one thing that makes BT so striking is the contrast between their black and white shoulders.

Cant wait to see what you do :)

TattooedGreenMan 06-10-11 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aboytervigon (Post 996280)
soooo Your not using Dc rules? You sure? those dreads are uber powerful?

I will have DC in my army including dreads but the entire army except the sanguinary priests with be in DC colors. I will differentiate the real DCs with red rings around their bases. The priests will be painted in deep red armor with stark white robes.

Stuntiesrule 06-10-11 09:18 PM

Sounds sweet can't wait to see some pics

normtheunsavoury 06-10-11 09:30 PM

Sounds like a cool idea but it does make me wonder, why not just take Astorath and run an all DC army anyway?