Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Ork Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/138-ork-army-lists/)
-   -   1500 pts Boys and Kans (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/ork-army-lists/91390-1500-pts-boys-kans.html)

grumpyolddragon 06-03-11 03:22 PM

1500 pts Boys and Kans
 
This is a list I plan on using for a tournament in a couple of weeks. Please give me feedback. Thank you.

HQ

Big Mek w/ KFF 85pts

Big Mek w/ KFF 85pts

Elites

8 Lootas 120pts

Troops

1 20 Boys Squad w/ shootas, 2 big shootas, Nob w/ powerklaw 165pts

1 20 Boys Squad w/ shootas, 2 big shootas, Nob w/ powerklaw 165pts

1 30 Boys Squad w/ sluggas and choopas, Nob w/ powerklaw and 'eavy armor 220pts

1 30 Boys Swuad w/ sluggas and choopas, Nob w/ powerklaw and 'eavy armor 220pts

Heavy Support

3 Killa Kans w/ rokkits 150pts

3 Killa Kans w/ rokkits 150pts

3 Killa Kans w/ grotzookas 135pts

Should total 1495pts. I'm a little leary of walking everything, but I thought using this many boys in a 1500pts list might give me an advantage. As far as I know, I'm the only ork player. The two shoota boys squads are for holding objectives. The two CC squads are for kickin' @SS. Depending on the deployment scenerio, I will use a Kan wall. I'm not sure were to put my Big Meks. Any advice is apprecaited. I'm pretty set on this list, but I need tactical advice for sure, and I'm still open to some changes. Thanks again.

Tanrel 06-03-11 04:51 PM

looks good, I'd recommend swapping one shoota squad for cc boyz and drop the eavy armor on the nobs to give the mechs cybork bodies. Rokkits are ok, but I'd also recommend swapping to all grotzookas to get 2 more lootas.

grumpyolddragon 06-03-11 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanrel (Post 990097)
looks good, I'd recommend swapping one shoota squad for cc boyz and drop the eavy armor on the nobs to give the mechs cybork bodies. Rokkits are ok, but I'd also recommend swapping to all grotzookas to get 2 more lootas.

I'm just worried that if I drop the rokkits, I'll have no ranged hits stronger thanqStr 7, and I usually go up at least 2-3 land raiders in these tournaments. I may drop one of the shoota squads for a CC squad and split the remaining shoota squad into two 10 man squads to sit on objectives. Thanks for the advice.

The Sullen One 06-03-11 07:35 PM

Keep the Rokkits, they're a good choice on Killa Kans, plus ten Lootas aren't any better than eight. Beyond that it's a good solid list that should do pretty well in the tournament.

Culler 06-04-11 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grumpyolddragon (Post 990221)
I'm just worried that if I drop the rokkits, I'll have no ranged hits stronger thanqStr 7, and I usually go up at least 2-3 land raiders in these tournaments.

The good news is that strength 8 is not meaningfully more effective than strength 7 against land raiders. A squad of 3 kans with rokkits has an almost no chance to get an immobilized or weapon destroyed result against a land raider. As an Ork player, you just aren't going to kill land raiders at range, and rokkits aren't gonna change that. Rokkits are meaningfully better against AV13, but they're still pretty ineffective due to low volume of shots, and AV13 is pretty rare. What you need to worry about is AV10-12 spam, which lootas handle much better, and even grotzookas do a reasonable job against AV10 and 11.

grumpyolddragon 06-04-11 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culler (Post 990598)
The good news is that strength 8 is not meaningfully more effective than strength 7 against land raiders. A squad of 3 kans with rokkits has an almost no chance to get an immobilized or weapon destroyed result against a land raider. As an Ork player, you just aren't going to kill land raiders at range, and rokkits aren't gonna change that. Rokkits are meaningfully better against AV13, but they're still pretty ineffective due to low volume of shots, and AV13 is pretty rare. What you need to worry about is AV10-12 spam, which lootas handle much better, and even grotzookas do a reasonable job against AV10 and 11.

Hmmm...I never thought of it that way before. I may drop a squad of kans w/ rokkits for more lootas. I don't have the 3rd set of Kans yet, so there's still time to change something if I want.

ArchangelPaladin 06-10-11 09:32 PM

Interesting view point on the rokkits culler.

@OP List looks good, you don’t really need the big shootas, and you deffinitly don’t need the ‘eavy armor, though the point saving won’t get you anything more than two lootas, and as the sullen has said you won’t gain much from that unless you move things around so that you get a second 8 man loota squad. So… I say run with what you have posted and good luck.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:10 AM.

Powered by the Emperor of Man.


vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome