Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   General 40k (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/14-general-40k/)
-   -   Drop Pod (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/general-40k/89430-drop-pod.html)

666JasonDark666 05-08-11 06:23 AM

Drop Pod

Hey, I have a question for you heretics, I was recently playing space marines and I had A dreadnought wich came into battle with a drop pod, I placed him behind the pod so noone could shoot at him in that phase (since I couldn' t do nothing)
Now my question is, can the enemy shoot through the pod to hit my dreadnought or not ?

docgeo 05-08-11 06:33 AM

I would think yes because once deployed it is considered open top. You would likely get a cover save. How was your Dreadnaught equiped? Once deployed you could have used your range weapons....you just can't charge in the turn you arrive.

Doc

arlins 05-08-11 06:34 AM

if they can see him and draw a LOS yes , if he qualifys for the cover save apply it .

Doelago 05-08-11 06:41 AM

If they can draw line of sight to him through the Drop Pod, then I would say, yes, they can shoot him. I think you should get a cover save.

docgeo 05-08-11 06:53 AM

YES!!! After so much support from the forums in the past it appears I have given some correct and useful advice...lol...Go Me!:grin:

Doc

Katie Drake 05-08-11 07:10 AM

Remember, you only get a cover save if the Dreadnought is 50% obscured by the Drop Pod or other terrain/models. It isn't a flat cover save that you get no matter what.

docgeo 05-08-11 07:20 AM

Wow Katie don't you ever sleep?!?! lol!
Nice avatar pic.

Doc

Katie Drake 05-08-11 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docgeo (Post 963865)
Wow Katie don't you ever sleep?!?! lol!
Nice avatar pic.

Doc

Insomnia. It doesn't care if it's your birthday or not. :(

And thanks.

Dawnstar 05-08-11 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie Drake (Post 963867)
Insomnia. It doesn't care if it's your birthday or not. :(

And thanks.

Happy Birthday :)

and why couldn't you do anything with the drop pod? A walker can move (in this case deep strike) and shoot all of its weapons without any problems

Drannith 05-08-11 08:18 AM

I guess my group is the only one that have a problem shooting through a drop pod. I can see both sides of the issue though, we house ruled you can't shoot through them just to appease some of the "louder" gamers. Hasn't really affected the game play at all.