Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   General 40k (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/14-general-40k/)
-   -   bad habits in warhammer 40k (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/general-40k/87868-bad-habits-warhammer-40k.html)

captain wood 04-19-11 12:41 PM

bad habits in warhammer 40k

bad habits there are lots of them but which one really gets to you in 40k is it setting up and haveing to wait for the other player to work out his points or someone useing a doggy rule>? i think mine would be when people put extra sneaky units on the table.

KingOfCheese 04-19-11 12:43 PM

Elastic tape measures piss me off more than anything.
Since when do tactical marines move 8"? Grrrr.....

VanitusMalus 04-19-11 12:50 PM

I use to hate a couple of things. Here's my list:

1. People talking to your opponent while you are trying to conduct a shooting phase.

2. People talking loudly in the room where you and your opponent are playing.

3. An opponent who forgets constantly what he has on the board due to too many proxies.

4. An opponent who tries to remove your casualties for you. (Yes you killed my last three guys, does not mean you get to move them off the board).

5. Opponents who take friendly smack talk to a level of out right denigration.

6. People chiming in their own opinions on how you and your opponent run your armies (especially when their ideas are either wrong or horrible).

Oh I could go on and on.

spanner94ezekiel 04-19-11 12:59 PM

Alsojames 04-19-11 01:00 PM

#6 on Vanitus' list pisses me off a lot.

Also, other people butting into our game and giving advice to players is annoying. Even when it helps me win. I think it's unfair that the game can completely turn around just because one guy gave the losing person advice. IF you forget to Waaagh!, it's your fault and you should pay the price.

njfed 04-19-11 01:04 PM

Rolling the dice out of my LOS on purpose and then picking them up claiming they all hit or made the roll.

Rolling to hit and picking up the dice that hit instead of the dice that missed so fast that I have no way to verify that you may have picked up one you should not have. Don't be a douchebag, always remove the dice that missed so your opponent has no reason to question your integrity.

Alsojames 04-19-11 01:13 PM

I always pick up the dice I hit/Wound with so I can roll them faster ;)

VanitusMalus 04-19-11 02:09 PM

njfed I know what you're saying. It got so bad in a gaming club I was a part of everyone had an unwritten rule that you let your opponent know what you need to roll for success first, than after you roll you let your opponent see what you've rolled. I'm sorry but if my opponent's guys need a 6+ to wound out of ten rolls and 7 of those rolls successfully wound without me seeing them it's a bit fishy.

Marneus Calgar 04-19-11 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingOfCheese (Post 944911)
Elastic tape measures piss me off more than anything.
Since when do tactical marines move 8"? Grrrr.....

I get that, they sorta move the model from the front of the base to the back...

My own bad habit is simple forgetting certain rules, like a few weeks ago we were playing night fighting rules, and I didn't remember that all Marine Vehicles have a searchlight...

Karak The Unfaithful 04-19-11 02:34 PM

I hate the people who are really cocky if they get a good role, or kill one of my chaos termies and if i do well they complain and moan for the 10,000 years...