Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   =][= Rumours Roundup : Tau Empire - Updated : 02/01/2013 (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/86990-%3D%5D%5B%3D-rumours-roundup-tau-empire-updated-02-01-2013-a.html)

MadCowCrazy 04-05-11 08:04 PM

Reserved...

Geist 04-10-11 04:27 AM

Well, I may absolutely hate the fluff for the tau, but those are definitely some interesting rules. I may have to start working on my human tau-count-as army.

Just putting out some ideas for criticism:

Heavily-Converted Terminators as Crisis/Broadsides

Converted Necron Androids as Kroot and Demiurg

(If they ever do it) GK Warrior Acolytes as Firewarriors, assuming they come with a lasgun and carapace.

I love high-tech. :so_happy:

Winterous 04-10-11 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geist (Post 934447)
Heavily-Converted Terminators as Crisis/Broadsides

Assuming their rule rumours are true, OBLITERATORS.

DestroyerHive 04-10-11 12:17 PM

Wow, thank you for posting this. I absolutely CANNOT wait for the new Tau! Although apparently I'm going to have to... :(

Stephen_Newman 04-10-11 08:26 PM

Would be nice. However I will still await the release of the Eldar codex more.

TheReverend 04-10-11 08:32 PM

All sounds interesting.

Not really ever been in to Tau but I am interested to see what form the Demiurg take.

40k 6th edition next year? already?! Whatever brings the money in I guess... I just hope they don't compromise all the 5th Edition codecies so we all start our moaning again... Did I hear rumours that Eldar would be the first 6th Edition codex released?

Stephen_Newman 04-10-11 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 935068)
Did I hear rumours that Eldar would be the first 6th Edition codex released?

Believes rumours are true and is already celebrating in the distance.

jon3sy 04-11-11 11:37 AM

Not too keen on the 'nothing is troops until unlocked thing' but other than that sweet. Haha. Palstic pathfinders is a godsend, I absolutely dispise metal models.

Druid 04-12-11 12:10 AM

I just hope they make more Tau stuff soon they don't have enough

coke123 04-12-11 11:50 AM

Well MCC, don't know if you've seen it yet, but they've announced that July sees a Fantasy expansion. Not really 40k related, but I thought I'd mention it since you've got a release schedule up top on all these threads, so you can put that down as 100%.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/co...?aId=16200020a

MetalHandkerchief 04-12-11 03:20 PM

I expect an XV22 commander as well, to unlock XV25 Stealth Suits as troops.

MadCowCrazy 04-12-11 08:34 PM

Hmm lets see what we could have :

Fire Warrior HQ = Fire Warrior troops
Crisis Suit HQ = Crisis Suit Troops
Stealth Suit HQ = Stealth Suit Troops
Kroot HQ = Kroot Troops
Vespid HQ = Vespid Troops
Demiurge HQ = Demiurge Troops
Drone HQ = Drone Troops :D

Something like this could allow you to create a really fluffy army.

New Tau FAQ out doesn't really change much but it's nice to see them getting an update. However, does this mean they wont get a new dex any time soon?

darktide 04-12-11 10:12 PM

I cant really see them doing away with Firewarriors as a troop. If anything I would imagine it would be more similar to how Farsight's rules work. Take a Crisis suit commander and you have to take at least one additional unit of suits would or suits become an alternate troop choice in addition to Firewarriors. Also different types of HQ could have restrictions on how many of a unit type they can take. That way they wont alienate to many of the current Tau players by making most armies obsolete/illegal.

I do like the idea of Drones being bought as their own unit then distributed through out the army as support.

MetalHandkerchief 04-12-11 11:35 PM

If that means the max unit size on Drones goes up, I'll be a damn happy camper. Drones are awesome, my favorite tank popper.

Winterous 04-13-11 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy (Post 937201)
Fire Warrior HQ = Fire Warrior troops
Crisis Suit HQ = Crisis Suit Troops
Stealth Suit HQ = Stealth Suit Troops
Kroot HQ = Kroot Troops
Vespid HQ = Vespid Troops
Demiurge HQ = Demiurge Troops
Drone HQ = Drone Troops :D

Dude, no.
Tau Commanders ALL wear Crisis Suits, it's just how it works. Fire Warriors will be from a Commander
Crisis Troops will be from Farsight, almost guaranteed.
Stealth Suit Troops will also likely be from a Special Character.
Kroot will certainly be a Master Shaper or whatever it's called.
I don't expect Vespid will be able to be troops, but I hope they do!
A Drones, no MCC, just no :laugh: What would the HQ be? A Drone wearing a hat?

MadCowCrazy 04-13-11 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winterous (Post 937536)
A Drones, no MCC, just no :laugh: What would the HQ be? A Drone wearing a hat?

Aww, come on! Wouldn't it be cool to be able to field an all Drone army? So that you could finally get some use out of those hundreds of drones you have lying around unbuilt because they are useless right now :biggrin:

HQ Drone could be one of those big ones from FW :biggrin:
First step towards an AI faction :crazy:

Winterous 04-13-11 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy (Post 937793)
First step towards an AI faction :crazy:

*cough*
Necrons? :P

Vaz 04-13-11 11:10 AM

Id be more interested in seeing more than just Kroot Warriors, or Kroot Doggy woggys or Kroot on Kroot Cows.

I wanna see codex mother fucking kroot; and not just some "unlock" character allowing units to be taken as Troops.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Winterous 04-13-11 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaz (Post 937829)
Id be more interested in seeing more than just Kroot Warriors, or Kroot Doggy woggys or Kroot on Kroot Cows.

I wanna see codex mother fucking kroot; and not just some "unlock" character allowing units to be taken as Troops.

Well they did that once, and it was a pretty boring codex in my opinion.

MadCowCrazy 04-13-11 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winterous (Post 937821)
*cough*
Necrons? :P

Necrons aren't AI, the Necrontyr used to be an organic species that were almost whiped out by the Old Ones. They discovered a great primal intelligence the size of stars and made humanoid statues out of living metal that they then managed to pull these entities into, these became the C'tan.
The Necrontyr were plagued by a cruel sun that made their lives miserable causing cancers and all kinds of illness, because of this they had a very short lifespan and started to hate and loathe all of life. With the C'tan they went back to war with the Old Ones and nearly won. The C'tan who now craved sacrifices in the millions realised that they were extinguishing life in the universe so they convinced the Necrontyr to be infused in living metal bodies and then sleep in tombs on lifeless worlds to awaken millions of years later when there was new life to harvest. This is how the Necrons were created.

They are not AI, they are exactly the same as the Core from Total Annihilation. Once living beings who have left their mortal flesh for metal immortality.

Winterous 04-13-11 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy (Post 937963)
Necrons aren't AI, the Necrontyr used to be an organic species that were almost whiped out by the Old Ones. They discovered a great primal intelligence the size of stars and made humanoid statues out of living metal that they then managed to pull these entities into, these became the C'tan.
The Necrontyr were plagued by a cruel sun that made their lives miserable causing cancers and all kinds of illness, because of this they had a very short lifespan and started to hate and loathe all of life. With the C'tan they went back to war with the Old Ones and nearly won. The C'tan who now craved sacrifices in the millions realised that they were extinguishing life in the universe so they convinced the Necrontyr to be infused in living metal bodies and then sleep in tombs on lifeless worlds to awaken millions of years later when there was new life to harvest. This is how the Necrons were created.

They are not AI, they are exactly the same as the Core from Total Annihilation. Once living beings who have left their mortal flesh for metal immortality.

Yes yes I know the backstory.
I was under the impression though that Necron Lords were the ONLY Necrons to retain their individuality, the rest were just effectively Servitors. Or is it to a lesser degree than I thought, or was this just nonsense?

MadCowCrazy 04-13-11 04:06 PM

From the new books it seems regular Necrons do have individuality of some sort, Flayed ones want to become flesh again which is why they cover themselves in skins. Destroyers lose themselves in augmentation trying to have as little necrontyrmanity in them as possible.
It will be interesting to see what they do with the fluff in the codex.

hungryugolino 04-13-11 07:24 PM

It's Matt Ward. Expect absurdity, gratuitous Sister-murdering (Suddenly, there were eight different repetitions of Sanctuary 101, from Sanctuary 101 to 109), and the C'tan suddenly don't exist at all. Not just removed from games, they never existed. Also, Necron psykers.

darktide 04-13-11 08:29 PM

And now the TAU rumor thread has been hijacked by the Necron fluff monsters!

TheSpore 04-13-11 08:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by darktide (Post 938306)
And now the TAU rumor thread has been hijacked by the Necron fluff monsters!

Well im taking this to a completely diffrent erection i mean direction

MaidenManiac 04-14-11 01:12 PM

The plastic Pathfinder and Vespid rumour: can anyone remember where that came from?
It feels totally out of place atm....

MadCowCrazy 04-14-11 02:08 PM

It is from warseer, that much I can remember. It was posted in jan or feb if I remember correctly. Didn't pay it much attention at the time, both because it doesn't really make sense and because I wasn't collecting Tau rumours at the time.

Who knows, maybe they will get a resin update? I could see that happening.

MetalHandkerchief 04-14-11 04:50 PM

I don't know about the Pathies and Vespid. I am hard pressed to believe anyone at GW are mentally challenged enough to think Vespid will sell without a rule rehash.

Their stat line is the single most schizophrenic thing in the game, the supposed Marine hunter equivalent of the Tau that costs 5 points more than an actual marine and will lose to any 10 man marine squad with bolters both in a gunfight and in CQC.

Either:

1) Plastic Vespid are a rubbish rumor, or will be released in the faaaaaar future, where the current codex release is rumored out.
2) The codex is actually coming out where the Pathfinders and Vespid are pegged.
3) GW have gone batshit insane and have finally lost their last speck of business planning credibility. Noone would spend QA money on releasing a full squad kit in plastic without rules that will move them. And when the actual codex is out, they'll be a lost memory to most "young people" with short attention spans.

MaidenManiac 04-15-11 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalHandkerchief (Post 939319)
I don't know about the Pathies and Vespid. I am hard pressed to believe anyone at GW are mentally challenged enough to think Vespid will sell without a rule rehash....

Obviously someone was, uuh, mentally challenged enough to believe that plastic Possessed was a good idea with their awesome rules....

Then again it totally doesnt make sense without new rules, even when being mentally challenged...

Winterous 04-15-11 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaidenManiac (Post 939788)
Then again it totally doesnt make sense without new rules, even when being mentally challenged...

Why not? It's still an amazing kit which is fantastic for kitbashing!
Seriously, not a single model in the CSM army doesn't look better with crazy Daemonic shit going on.

StalkerZero 04-15-11 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darktide (Post 938306)
And now the TAU rumor thread has been hijacked by the Necron fluff monsters!

It's cool. Not much going on in our thread right now.

Hoping we all get a new flood of very reliable rumors soon!

I'm all for Codex: Kroot

Asamodai 04-16-11 09:05 PM

Crisis suits as troops might be enough to make me want to make an army that's not primarily Marines. Hopefully theres something to that one.

MetalHandkerchief 04-17-11 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asamodai (Post 941720)
Crisis suits as troops might be enough to make me want to make an army that's not primarily Marines. Hopefully theres something to that one.

If the point costs stick, it seems it'll be much like a flying army of Ogryns (they will definitely be under 60 points, but maybe 50)

This is, if the "every gun option" is misquoted, and not "obliterator-like" as many are led to believe (I certainly don't believe that)

Arkive 04-26-11 07:27 AM

This is going to be one hell of a codex if the guys there go by the rumors, I mean full army of crisis suits, each unit kitted with for specific tasks, thats a tactician's dream. The amount of strategies from that will be endless, there will be more than one cheese list!!!
\(^.^/)...(\^.^)/

MadCowCrazy 04-27-11 11:56 PM

Predictions Section

1 Year Prognosis
2011
May : Tomb Kings 100%
June : Dark Eldar 2nd Wave 100%
July : Fantasy Storm of Magic 100%
August : Necrons
September : Mystery Box (Summer of Fliers? aka Wartorn Skies?)
October : Ogre Kingdoms
November : Sisters of Battle?
December : Nothing as usual

Summer of Fliers (Wartorn Skies?), Tyranid Wave 2, plastic Pathfinders and Vespids are rumoured release candidates for 2011, but where?
10/04/2011 - Bindi Baji: Necron September release/"Before October"
18/04/2011 - ghost21: Necron August release
ghost21: I do have it on authority necrons are way before haloween thats when ogres are pegged in
26/04/2011 - Warmongergameday: Q4 Bretonnian Knights Link
28/04/2011 - ghost21: in September you get the "mystery box" ooooooooooo

HereticHammer01 04-29-11 09:51 PM

What is interesting is that commanders seem to shape the army a lot more inowadays. I think codex CSM should be the most interesting from this point of view. A crisis battlesuit army would be very very cool I reckon. Codex Kroot? Doesn't appeal to me personally.

Gorgontech 04-30-11 01:27 AM

oh the poor vespids they never seem to make the list.. and when they do, they always stand in the way of the Trygon. They taste like presious Bio Matter. yum yum. They need a buff or at least a cool ability.

MetalHandkerchief 04-30-11 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorgontech (Post 956011)
oh the poor vespids they never seem to make the list.. and when they do, they always stand in the way of the Trygon. They taste like presious Bio Matter. yum yum. They need a buff or at least a cool ability.

Haha because they are tasty? That's what Space Marines keep saying. :laugh:

kiro the avenger! 05-07-11 08:34 PM

fire warriors not troops-bullshit
60 points for basic suit(unless come with weapons)-bullshit
Commander allowing suits as troops-awesome
Plastic pathfinders-awesome
Plastic vespid-don't care
Master shaper-good
Drones have own squad then are distributed around-wtf

MetalHandkerchief 05-20-11 11:06 PM

This is in all regards supplement to "real" rumors: I say "real" because my guy that has always been accurate in the past really holds no actual insight to his name, but.

He insists Sky Rays will have a transport capacity now.

Which is what inspired my Devil Ray rules in the Houserules & Homebrews under "Skirmish 40K", as I love the idea. That does NOT mean I believe it will happen.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:44 AM.

Powered by the Emperor of Man.


vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome