Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   =][= Rumours Roundup : Tau Empire - Updated : 02/01/2013 (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/86990-%3D%5D%5B%3D-rumours-roundup-tau-empire-updated-02-01-2013-a.html)

Diatribe1974 06-02-11 04:11 AM

With everyone else's codex being 33$ and the Tau Codex are now 24.75$ (via GW) is that pretty much confirmation that the Tau are 1st up to get their dex updated? It'd make sense that GW would want to drain inventory of that kinda stuff to make room for the newer one.

Or has someone heard otherwise?

Shandathe 06-02-11 11:00 AM

No, it's not. The Necron and Black Templar codices are at the same low price, and the Sisters' codex is currently a free download. Tau codex does appear to be the only 4E one that's down in price though, so they might be likely to see a replacement sooner than most. Currently, the speculated schedule is GW getting rid of the last remaining 3E codices first. Necrons, then Sisters (and then quite possibly 6E and Space Marines).

TheSpore 06-02-11 01:49 PM

I still say the necrons will be next and then the sisters since their codexes have been around so long I believe Jesus was reported being a necron player.

JelloSea 07-22-11 10:21 AM

Baaltor 08-23-11 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSpore (Post 988798)
I still say the necrons will be next and then the sisters since their codexes have been around so long I believe Jesus was reported being a necron player.

That would explain necrons having a thing for coming back to life and such.

Dagglestone 08-29-11 12:57 AM

See it'd be neat if they updated the mechanical monster that is Tau. They're not terrible, but with some of the new books out there they can't compete without sticking to kind of strict army builds. My Orks womp on my friends Tau armies most of the time just because he can't deal with the numbers I put out there, especially shoota boyz and lootaz. The bane of his existence dakka dakka.

baron_sathonyx 08-30-11 11:57 PM

all im hoping for at the moment is 1. a new crisis suit kit because the one at the moment is horrible the joints are not to stable in the legs as we all might know and they are way to static. 2. a new stat line and/or rule set for vespids and 3. i hope the thing about picking a certain hq unlocks a troop choice.

Wingman 08-31-11 03:31 PM

I've actually heard they are going the route of the newer looking suit that shadowsun (I think, it's the female one with the same suit that was put into DoW) has. That suit is awesome and I would totally throw my other suits out to model all those instead.

I'm worried that if the rumor about the HQ deciding what troop choice we have is true that the crisis suit stats would either remain unchanged or get worse.

MetalHandkerchief 09-01-11 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingman (Post 1058329)
I've actually heard they are going the route of the newer looking suit that shadowsun (I think, it's the female one with the same suit that was put into DoW) has. That suit is awesome and I would totally throw my other suits out to model all those instead.

I'm worried that if the rumor about the HQ deciding what troop choice we have is true that the crisis suit stats would either remain unchanged or get worse.

Well in that case it's a stealth suit, that has nothing to do with the Crisis suits. And I strongly suspect what you heard to be rubbish as the current XV25's are among the newest Tau pieces, and also still one of the most kick ass looking models in the whole game.

What I could see though, is a new type of XV22 Stealth Suit option, which would probably go with an XV22 commander (Shas'O/ Shas'El) as a retinue. With the direction GW are taking on codices, it's a foregone conclusion that XV22 commanders will emerge, and XV25's selectable as troops if you fulfill a clause "must have XV22 commander to use these as troops" etc.

It's a change I yearn for, as the Stealth aspect of Tau is really what sold them to me, and my 15,000pts army has been collecting dust due to the sheer shittyness of this aspect of Tau throughout every codex.

Arcticor 09-09-11 02:45 PM

I sincerely hope they nerf railguns. being a non-tau player, every one of my tanks hates them.