Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   =][= Rumours Roundup : Tau Empire - Updated : 02/01/2013 (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/86990-%3D%5D%5B%3D-rumours-roundup-tau-empire-updated-02-01-2013-a.html)

StalkerZero 04-15-11 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darktide (Post 938306)
And now the TAU rumor thread has been hijacked by the Necron fluff monsters!

It's cool. Not much going on in our thread right now.

Hoping we all get a new flood of very reliable rumors soon!

I'm all for Codex: Kroot

Asamodai 04-16-11 09:05 PM

Crisis suits as troops might be enough to make me want to make an army that's not primarily Marines. Hopefully theres something to that one.

MetalHandkerchief 04-17-11 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asamodai (Post 941720)
Crisis suits as troops might be enough to make me want to make an army that's not primarily Marines. Hopefully theres something to that one.

If the point costs stick, it seems it'll be much like a flying army of Ogryns (they will definitely be under 60 points, but maybe 50)

This is, if the "every gun option" is misquoted, and not "obliterator-like" as many are led to believe (I certainly don't believe that)

Arkive 04-26-11 07:27 AM

This is going to be one hell of a codex if the guys there go by the rumors, I mean full army of crisis suits, each unit kitted with for specific tasks, thats a tactician's dream. The amount of strategies from that will be endless, there will be more than one cheese list!!!
\(^.^/)...(\^.^)/

MadCowCrazy 04-27-11 11:56 PM

Predictions Section

1 Year Prognosis
May : Tomb Kings 100%
June : Dark Eldar 2nd Wave 100%
July : Fantasy Storm of Magic 100%
August : Necrons
September : Mystery Box (Summer of Fliers? aka Wartorn Skies?)
October : Ogre Kingdoms
November : Sisters of Battle?
December : Nothing as usual

Summer of Fliers (Wartorn Skies?), Tyranid Wave 2, plastic Pathfinders and Vespids are rumoured release candidates for 2011, but where?
10/04/2011 - Bindi Baji: Necron September release/"Before October"
18/04/2011 - ghost21: Necron August release
ghost21: I do have it on authority necrons are way before haloween thats when ogres are pegged in
26/04/2011 - Warmongergameday: Q4 Bretonnian Knights Link
28/04/2011 - ghost21: in September you get the "mystery box" ooooooooooo

HereticHammer01 04-29-11 09:51 PM

What is interesting is that commanders seem to shape the army a lot more inowadays. I think codex CSM should be the most interesting from this point of view. A crisis battlesuit army would be very very cool I reckon. Codex Kroot? Doesn't appeal to me personally.

Gorgontech 04-30-11 01:27 AM

oh the poor vespids they never seem to make the list.. and when they do, they always stand in the way of the Trygon. They taste like presious Bio Matter. yum yum. They need a buff or at least a cool ability.

MetalHandkerchief 04-30-11 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorgontech (Post 956011)
oh the poor vespids they never seem to make the list.. and when they do, they always stand in the way of the Trygon. They taste like presious Bio Matter. yum yum. They need a buff or at least a cool ability.

Haha because they are tasty? That's what Space Marines keep saying. :laugh:

kiro the avenger! 05-07-11 08:34 PM

fire warriors not troops-bullshit
60 points for basic suit(unless come with weapons)-bullshit
Commander allowing suits as troops-awesome
Plastic pathfinders-awesome
Plastic vespid-don't care
Master shaper-good
Drones have own squad then are distributed around-wtf

MetalHandkerchief 05-20-11 11:06 PM

This is in all regards supplement to "real" rumors: I say "real" because my guy that has always been accurate in the past really holds no actual insight to his name, but.

He insists Sky Rays will have a transport capacity now.

Which is what inspired my Devil Ray rules in the Houserules & Homebrews under "Skirmish 40K", as I love the idea. That does NOT mean I believe it will happen.