Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Roleplay Threads (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/110-roleplay-threads/)
-   -   Contact List (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/roleplay-threads/86364-contact-list.html)

darkreever 04-03-11 02:32 PM

Contact List

We all have lives away from the Heresy and the other places we frequent online, and sometimes those lives throw us curve-balls that make online life more of a hassle. Perhaps it keeps us from posting in RPís when we want to, or takes up so much time or something so big occurs that we forget completely. Players and GMís always have the option of PMing others, but there are times when that is just not fast enough, or when the inbox is full and you have no other way of contacting a person.

Komanko had the thought of creating a contact list for us, something along the lines of a marriage between the introductions in Fall in Heretics and other ways of contacting members/players beyond PMís and emails, and was kind enough to give me the honour of posting it up. Any information you give is voluntary, and is intended to help us all become a tad more familiar with each other, and see if we cannot make a few things a touch easier.

Forum name:

Name: (First name only, last name at your discretion)

Means of communication:
MSN, skype, AIM, etc.

Roleplay experience: (How long have you been roleplaying outside of bed)

Theme preferences: (For example, Horror, action, etcÖ)

Memorable roleplay from the past:

Favorite roleplaying system: (For example D&D, Call of Cthulhu, etcÖ)

Favorite games:

Favorite roleplaying moment:

Favorite quote:

What would you like to see happen/start up here in RPTís?:

Do you like the title of this thread? (Yes/No) If no, then what might be a better title?

darkreever 04-03-11 02:54 PM

And well, who would I be if I wasn't one of the first to post and set an example right?

Forum name: darkreever (or reever, just not dark because so many of them are floating around the internet.)

Name: Brian

Age: 23 (22 but we are close enough to my birthday anyway)

Means of communication:
On Aim: darkreever13
Steam: darkreever13
MSN: darkreever
I have a yahoo account somewhere, but the name eludes me at this time

Roleplay experience:
-Six years online role playing
-Four years of Inquisitor
-Less than one year of Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader
-I tried D&D once, so about an hour of that
-Theres a D20 amongst my things, that counts for experience right?:grin:

All in all, to my thirteen-ish years of playing GW games, I have about eight or nine years of various roleplaying experience.

Theme preferences: Honestly, I like a bit of horror and romance. Emotion, interaction, and detail run high in both of them and I truly do love character interaction and detail.

Memorable roleplay from the past: That would be Dr._Nick's original incarnation of the Eight Winds of Chaos. For me it was well and truly the time in my playing that I shifted from beyond the card-board cutout characters and into the more in depth ones.

Favorite roleplaying system: I rather like inquisitor, the whole D100 system makes a lot of sense to me, especially when we get to see how superhuman or inhuman beings are able to exceed the 100 scale and go beyond it. (Since in inquisitor, 100 is the pinnacle of unaugmented human capability.)

Favorite games: Outside of roleplaying: total annihilation, dead space 1 and 2, command and conquer tiberian sun, assassins creed 2, knights of the old republic 1 and 2, super mario rpg, ocorina of time and twilight princess (legend of zelda), megaman x.

Favorite roleplaying moment: Hm.. I think I am going to have to borrow one from my brother actually. It's from D&D, they were protecting a wagon or caravan or something and are suddenly beset by a dozen or so goblin wolf riders. One of the party attempts to hurl his spear at an enemy, rolls a critical fail, hits one of the horses instead, and the whole wagon lurches to the side and throws everyone into the woods. My brother, playing a paladin, spends the next few actions throttling the life from a number of goblins and wolves as he searches for his sword.

Favorite quote: "We are eighty stories up, with armed guards at every entrance, and here under false identification, what could possibly go wrong?" - Inquisitorial agent Petero calming a witness before something goes horribly wrong.

What would you like to see happen/start up here in RPTís?: This one I abstain from answering, because I am more interested to see what the rest of you think.

Do you like the title of this thread? (Yes/No) If no, then what might be a better title?

Well obviously this thread needs to be re-titled to something about worshipping Jezlad and myself. Just doesn't make sense to have it any other way right?:P

BlackGuard 04-03-11 04:58 PM

Forum name: BlackGuard

Name: Chris

Means of communication:
MSN: [email protected]

Roleplay experience: Nothing organised. I played various one-night zombie roleplays via AIM years ago, I've played Manga RPGs, I've done some very minor Deathwatch. Had a deal with a friend of mine where we both made characters and had them battle virtually every night for roughly two years.

Theme preferences: Anything really. War I do tend to have a minor preference for but only if done correctly. Beyond that, zombies.

Memorable roleplay from the past: My friend Flare's and I's constantly Flare Vs. Vaughn Roleplay.

Favorite roleplaying system: Didn't realize there were systems. If there is one I like it'd say Character Roleplay, and by that I mean both people give and take a little from the other as they fight -- blow for blow roughly until finally one of them words their attack just right and the other one words theirs just wrong and death follows.

Favorite games: Call of Duty: Black Ops, Knights of the Old Republic I & II, Fable (I, II, & III), Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Borderlands, Battlefield 1942, Total Wars Series (virtually all of them).

Favorite roleplaying moment: Never been in anything organized. Although one time, my friend 'Flare' and I were doing one of our regular battles. He'd managed to land several very key and well-placed blows with his swords. It was actually the last fight I remember. I jumped back and fluttered my characters trench-coat-styled jacket around him to conceal his movement. He charged me with one of his ki-based attacks, and only found the barrell of a .50 caliber pistol I'd introduced six months ago -- never used it in that capacity. His ki-blast hit me dead in the chest, ripping it wide open, and I shot him through the skull with the gun.

Favorite quote: "Hey, I'm not always right! But I'm never wrong" - Walton and Johnson Radio Show

What would you like to see happen/start up here in RPTís?: Roleplay wise. I'd like to see a series of in-depth roleplay were players truly get to develop their characters. I'm not talking about all of us being Captains of the Ultramarines with centuries of warfare behind us. I'd like something where we start out as initiates to some totally DIY Chapter of the GMs making with no real background or foundation -- right out of the flesh mills of Mars per say. Then the challenges he throws at us, combined with our roleplaying skills, and the constant depthness to the game culminate in a number of various roleplays were our characters are eventually retired.

The point is so that we can look back on all of our achievements and smile -- knowing that our character was truly developed by us and truly unique. It makes the whole ordeal "worth it" in my opinion.

You're asking for a Contact List with a bit a additional information ... how could the title be any more acceptable?

unxpekted22 04-03-11 05:49 PM

Forum name: Unxpekted22

Name: Brian

Means of communication:
email: [email protected] (dont send me spam :threaten: but thats why I have multiple email accounts so its whatev.)

Roleplay experience: like two years on heresy and used to do some similar online rps like these but with the star wars universe. That and several video game rpgs.

Theme preferences: action, sci-fi, adventure, humor,

Memorable roleplay from the past: My ABTN series and The Claw

Favorite roleplaying system: I just stick to online RP threads now. got tired of video game RPGs and never learned D&D or any tabletop types.

Favorite games: Warhammer 40k, Gears of War (1st), unholy war,

Favorite roleplaying moment: Seeing as my experience is actually pretty limited I have to say the claw, and the claw as a whole because its everything that Blackguard said he would like to see in the RPTs

Favorite quote: "Abandon all hope ye who enter here" :laugh: prob not my favorite but a good one. some others: "life is a lesson. you learn it when your through."
and " I have to admit that I wait to talk, but I'm trying harder to listen."

What would you like to see happen/start up here in RPT’s?: Guess there's not too much I can ask. Seeing people who are new get better and better with each post is good. I guess I'd like to see people be able to stick to the RPS they join better but hey thats the reason this contact list was made, because sometimes its impossible to fit in that post on heresy when your exhausted from life.

Do you like the title of this thread? (Yes/No) If no, then what might be a better title? Yep! I think its fine.

komanko 04-03-11 05:52 PM

Forum name: komanko, if you saw someone else by that name somewhere then its probably me. As I never met someone who uses this nick other then me. Unless I have secret admirers :P

Name: Yuval Belenky, not really hiding it (like my account passwords XD), Belenky is white in Russian lol.

Means of communication:
Skype: komanko2008 (forgot my previous accounts name and password although it was probably komanko :P)
AIM: [email protected] (Don't generally use it but can switch to it if needed.)
Steam: komanko
Facebook: Yuval Belenky (Don't ask me why I have it ><)
Email: [email protected]
Xfire: [email protected]

Look me anywhere you want, most of the time its my email or just komanko :P

Roleplay experience:
A year and a half of officially GMed D&D adventures.
Three years of non stable but fun one - two free roleplaying.
2 years of forum roleplaying, actually was having a hard time roleplaying in Hebrew as its a stupid language and I prefer English. Sooo, counting Heresy also then its about two years of forum roleplaying.
Not that much experience when you think about it.

Theme preferences: None in particular, I love fantasy, and horror in general like Call of Cthulhu (of course only if GMed perfectly because if not its simply not scary and you cant give the right atmosphere for it.). Futuristic roleplays are also fun like 40k for example. I got interested also in Alien and Predator roleplays but didn't bother to read the rulebooks thoroughly.

Memorable roleplay from the past: Many, most of them GMed by previously a member of Heresy Fog of War who is a good friend of mine. You can say that Dravly's The Sick Children is sort of memorable for me as it was the first RP I played on Heresy and also the first I've finished ^^

Favorite roleplaying system: Anything which is interesting, I particularly like the Call of Cthulhu system which I find to be extremely cool :D (In short CoC :P). Dark Heresy\Deathwatch\Rouge Trader are all nice but kind of confusing and not that GM\user friendly :P Have no quarrel with D&D and I think its a great basic system.

Favorite games: Total War series, R.U.S.E (undoubtedly), Call of Duty series, Risk(Yes! Risk XD), Company of Heroes, Kotor I and II, Heroes series have all of them (yes all!), Elder Scrolls: Oblivion + expansions, DoW II is great but not my favourite, got some more which I can't remember now.

Favorite roleplaying moment: It was quite a funny moment, I was playing in one of Fog of War's roleplays, it was a near future roleplay and I was walking through a city with no memory of my past and who I am, thus I decided to make a little fun and as some cop tried to arrest me for no particular reason(it was a dictatorship) I started shouting and hitting him, for some reason that triggered a whole rebellion as apparently this was the sign they were waiting to. As a result from that I escaped and hid in the sewers, since then every time something bad happens I go and hide in the sewers XD

Favorite quote: Come On, Do It, Do It, Come On, Come On, Kill Me, Do It Now - Arnold Schwarzenegger(from Predator)
Can't think of a serious quote though :P
Though I do like this one:
In Ulthar no man may kill a cat - H.P.Lovecraft.
'Tis but a scratch - Black Knight from Monty Python

What would you like to see happen/start up here in RPT’s?: Something which I really want to see happening here is some sort of a "help" program for members who feel that they want to improve their skills in roleplaying, thus senior roleplayers, like Arky over here(darkreever) or Euphrati(Just an example dont get offended if I didn't mention you.) can help those players to improve, this of course will be completely optional. Except from that I think It'd be nice to have a more friendly feeling around here :P I don't know, it feels kinda like each one is isolated from the other XD

Also A nice Idea would be a weekly\monthly competition which I already suggested(this is mostly Deathbringer's idea and I give him credit for it.), the competition itself is for example best post for gm's and players, this will not be judge by the length but by quality of course, I think It'd be nice and will encourage some people to work harder. Maybe even a reward is possible, something like a bucket of rep :P

Another suggestion by deathy which I did find helpful was a thread for members to simply state if they can't post for X reason, for example a vacation. The idea itself is to allow others to know if you are around and if you are not and for how long will you be gone. Also a kind of what X member wants thread could be nice, in this thread members would be able to say what RP they would want to join right now so it would make it easier on GMs to know what RP will get more requests of joining.

The first one was the most important though, the help project if you may call it like that.

Yes and No, title says exactly what this thread is but it can always be more friendly and "decorated" then a contact list :P

I'm open for questions if anyone is interested, will answer everything you ask XD

I'll conclude this by saying that it's nice to meet you all more thoroughly and that I could never have imagined that DR is called Brian, it's so ordinary XD

Tarvitz210300 04-03-11 09:11 PM

Forum name: Tarvitz

Name: Isaac

Means of communication:
Email= [email protected] ( if you send me spam :ireful2: I will not be held responsible for what I do:laugh:)

Roleplay experience: Well I have played D&D for about three years. Apart from that nothing. I do hope to make this more impressive

Theme preferences: Horror, Sci-Fi (obviously) and action

Memorable roleplay from the past: :( i'm sad as I have no experience with roleplays so no Memorable ones

Favorite roleplaying system: D&D it was good you did have to put a lot of effort into it though.

Favorite games: well roleplays in this site. I'm still into D&D though

Favorite roleplaying moment: when I pushed da Red button

Favorite quote: pop goes the weasel

What would you like to see happen/start up here in RPT’s?: Well I would like to see, more post like Karaks asking for help for roleplays. Hell that was the most useful post ever. I'm also not so sure about the warning at the top of the page. " Strictly in character roleplay thread" This really confused me it seemed to say that you could not post, help for G'ming.

Do you like the title of this thread? (Yes/No) If no, then what might be a better title? No I think it should be called the Contact lists of Doom JK

Pretty sure your Tarvitz, not that other guy Travitz :P - darkreever

Serpion5 04-04-11 07:25 AM

Forum name: Can`t recall at the moment... :scratchhead:

Name: Adam Flynn (no need to hide my surname, there`s a dozen of it on Facebook, bunch of Irish feggars including myself :P)

Means of communication: MSN: serpion5 [at] hotmail.com (I will delete the shit out of your mail unless you`re listed here so I know who you are. If you want to find me on facebook, let me know and I`ll link you to my page)

Roleplay experience: Roleplay Threads since joining Heresy. This is the extent of my RPG experience.

Theme preferences: Why limit oneself?

Memorable roleplay from the past: The Sick Children (Darvy), For the Hive (Me).

Favorite roleplaying system: Roleplay Threads on Heresy. :grin:

Favorite games: Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts series.

Favorite roleplaying moment: Hakis hasn`t cleaned Garviel`s boots yet, and likely never will.

Favorite quote: Why stand when you can sit?

What would you like to see happen/start up here in RPT’s?: I think we have what we need. Most GM`s are pretty competent. :)

Do you like the title of this thread? (Yes/No) If no, then what might be a better title?: I think the title is just godawful, a far better one would have been The Anonymity Destructor! :wild:

Doelago 04-04-11 03:24 PM

Forum name: Doelago

Name: -

Means of communication:

Hotmail: [email protected]
Facebook: PM me and I will send you a link.

Roleplay experience: For about a year.

Theme preferences: Horror, thats the definition of awesome.

Memorable roleplay from the past: Um, all of them? (Apart from the ones I GM;ed)

Favorite roleplaying system: -

Favorite games: Dawn of War series, Halo series, Call of Duty 4, Blood Bowl, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning.

Favorite roleplaying moment: To many to list down here.

Favorite quote: Not sure.

What would you like to see happen/start up here in RPTís?: Some proper Space Hulk horror. Failing that, a Sabbat Worlds themed RP. :)

Do you like the title of this thread? (Yes/No) If no, then what might be a better title? Yes

revan4559 04-04-11 05:00 PM

Forum name: Revan4559

Name: Liam

Means of communication:

Roleplay experience: 8 years online roleplaying

Theme preferences: Action, Fantasy(like LoTR), Sci-Fi.

Memorable roleplay from the past:

Favorite roleplaying system: Forgotten Realms(Part of D&D)

Favorite games: Neverwinter Nights, World of Warcraft, Dawn of War(Original, Dark Crusade, Soul Storm), Dawn of War 2(all three), Final Fantasy 7, 8, 10. Assassin's Credd 1 and 2, Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2, Warhammer Mark of Chaos, Warhammer 40k Chaos Gate(very old game), Dynasty Warriors series. The list goes on.

Favorite roleplaying moment: Will add in later, need to decide between several.

Favorite quote:
Byakuya Kuchiki Bleach(Anime): "Arrogance destroys the foothold of victory"

Ulquiorra Schiefer Bleach(Anime): "You humans are always talking about hearts. Itís as if you have them in your hand. But my eye sees everything. Nothing can escape it. What it doesnít see doesnít exist. Thatís how Iíve always fought. That's how I've always lived. What is a heart? If I rip open your chest, will I find it there? If I crack open your skull, will I find it there?"

Unknown Source(heard from a friend): "If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is probably the answer."

Unknown Source(Likely to be Hellsing Anime): "Humans make poor vampire hunters they are weak, frail, and corruptable. The Best way to kill A Vampire is with another Even Stronger Vampires."

What would you like to see happen/start up here in RPTís?: Absolutely no idea.

Yes

warsmith7752 04-04-11 09:07 PM

Forum name: warsmith7752

Name: Craig

Means of communication: [email protected] (email + msn and things like that)
I'm also on steam under the name of warsmith7752

Roleplay experience: I have been doing pen and paper RPGs for longer than I remember, officially about two years here on heresy and recently started d&d but I have been doing quite a lot of that and consider myself pro at it.

Theme preferences: comody

Memorable roleplay from the past: miseries company

Favorite roleplaying system: D&D

Favorite games:WoW, magicka, dragonage, minecraft, deus ex, total war, Dawn of war (retribution orks ftw)

Favorite roleplaying moment: age of dragons what Torak (me) hit a giant in the crotch with a magical thunder hammer

Favorite quote: Couldn't single anyone out, everything on Heresey I quite like.

What would you like to see happen/start up here in RPT’s?: more dice based or an attempt at a comedy rp.

Do you like the title of this thread? (Yes/No) If no, then what might be a better title?: rp profile might be better but the current title is fine.