Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   General 40k (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/14-general-40k/)
-   -   "Holy crap, it's a Space Marine!" (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/general-40k/83052-holy-crap-its-space-marine.html)

SonOfStan 02-21-11 05:44 PM

"Holy crap, it's a Space Marine!"

So I was playing Dead Space 2 earlier today, because I enjoy being scared out of my mind. Sitting there, aiming my flashlight into dark corners, praying that nothing jumped down behind me from the vents overhead, sweating just a little because of how low on ammo I was...I suddenly thought, "God, I really wish an Ultramarine would just crash through the wall over there and start laying waste to the necromorphs with a boltgun and power claw."

This of course got me thinking about other games, stories and movies where it'd be awesome/hilarious if, out of nowhere, the Imperium suddenly showed up to save the day. If you could pick a movie/game/book/TV show, what would it be? How exactly would it all go down?

Minizke1 02-21-11 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfStan (Post 886122)
So I was playing Dead Space 2 earlier today, because I enjoy being scared out of my mind. Sitting there, aiming my flashlight into dark corners, praying that nothing jumped down behind me from the vents overhead, sweating just a little because of how low on ammo I was...I suddenly thought, "God, I really wish an Ultramarine would just crash through the wall over there and start laying waste to the necromorphs with a boltgun and power claw."

This of course got me thinking about other games, stories and movies where it'd be awesome/hilarious if, out of nowhere, the Imperium suddenly showed up to save the day. If you could pick a movie/game/book/TV show, what would it be? How exactly would it all go down?

In the end of Modern Warfare 2, Crimson Fists Dreadnought comes out of nowhere and crushes Shepherd. Best. Ending. Ever.

Tarvitz210300 02-21-11 05:54 PM

no my brother got this game called something like Magjic and it annoyed me so much the Magjic is retarded so i just pray a Dreadnought appears and rips him to pieces :laugh: is would pay to see that

SonOfStan 02-21-11 06:03 PM

During the very last level of Halo: Reach, when you're all surrounded and cut off...a squad of BA Terminators teleports into the middle of it and just butchers the Elites.

gen.ahab 02-21-11 06:10 PM

13 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfStan (Post 886134)
During the very last level of Halo: Reach, when you're all surrounded and cut off...a squad of BA Terminators teleports into the middle of it and just butchers the Elites.

Fuck the terminators, give me a tac squad and a thunderhawk, I want to get the fuck out of there.

Tarvitz210300 02-21-11 06:10 PM

yeah that would be good that level is so fucking hard of Heroic

SonOfStan 02-21-11 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gen.ahab (Post 886141)
Fuck the terminators, give me a tac squad and a thunderhawk, I want to get the fuck out of there.

See, I'd see it as just the very beginning of an all out Imperial assault against the Covenant. Scarab vs. Imperator Titan? Not much of a contest I don't think.

Doelago 02-21-11 06:23 PM

Covenant vs. The Imperium of man? Fuck, no contest...

It would be cool in Halo 2 when you see that huge Covenant fleet and High Charity in space if suddenly from nowhere came a fucking Imperial fleet and began ass raping it.

GrimzagGorwazza 02-21-11 06:24 PM

Battle royale. If a squad of termies turned up anywhere in this film i'm pretty sure the japanese military would have their work cut out.

gen.ahab 02-21-11 06:37 PM

13 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doelago (Post 886152)
Covenant vs. The Imperium of man? Fuck, no contest...

It would be cool in Halo 2 when you see that huge Covenant fleet and High Charity in space if suddenly from nowhere came a fucking Imperial fleet and began ass raping it.

Nah, they could probably bloody up the imperial fleet a bit. Covenant ships are fucking ace. Covi supper carriers might be larger than any battle ship the imperium has.