Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Space Marine Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/139-space-marine-army-lists/)
-   -   BA Mech List (1750pts) (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/space-marine-army-lists/82872-ba-mech-list-1750pts.html)

chrisult 02-19-11 09:44 AM

BA Mech List (1750pts)

Hi,

This is my first post in here. Lately I decided to start 40k again. In the past I've been a fan of man at arms lists, but this time I'm going to try something different.

I read alot of BA mech lists and saved my favorite ones and I came up with my own list by taking ideas from others. Since I'm not that experienced in Mech lists, I wish you to give me feedback on the list that I came up with like what should I add/remove/tactics etc.

HQ

Reclusiarch: 130pts

Troops

Death Company: 235pts
1 Death Company with power fist and bolter.
2 Death Company with power weapon.
6 Death Company with chainswords and bolt pistols.
All have frag and krak grenades.

Death Company Dreadnought: 140pts
With blood talons and magna-grapple.

Assault Squad: 125pts
1 Space Marine Sergeant with power weapon and bolt pistol.
1 Space Marine with meltagun.
3 Space Marines with chainswords and bolt pistols.

Dedicated Transport - Razorback: 55pts
With twin-linked lascannon.

Fast Attack

Baal Predator: 145 points
With twin-linked assault cannon and heavy bolter sponsons.

With twin-linked assault cannon, and heavy bolter sponsons.

With twin-linked assault cannon and heavy bolter sponsons.

Heavy Support

Stormraven Gunship: 245pts
With twin-linked multi-melta, twin-linked lascannon, hurricane bolters sponsons and extra armor.

Total: 1725pts

The tactic that I'm picturing is this:

- The Reclusiarch joins the DC in a Stormraven + the DC Dread.
I intend to offload these near 2 squads of the enemy army DC+Rech takes one squad and DC dread takes another and pull back the Stormraven and do some tank hunting with it.
- ASMs in razorbacks
ASMs will be used to sit on objectives, while razbks will stay lurking around the area for support if needed (mainly for tanks if will come near).
- Baal Preds will be going around in one group I guess for some infantry killing/light tanks.

Some things that I'm thinking about is to remove the reclusiarch and 2-3 DC troops and add a chaplain and librarian (lance and shield) and second remove 1 baal and add a heavy pred with maybe lascanons because I think I have a lot of unite killing stuff. One thing that is pulling me off from taking a Librarian is that the unites must be 6" away to take cover, so I guess I will have to run him alone around.

Thanks for reading this is based on my knowledge, I've been missing for a while now from 40k. Please give me feedback :).

Hammer49 02-19-11 10:23 AM

Seems like a good list. Your suggestion about getting a chaplain and librarian seems like a good idea. I would also consider getting a powerfist for the assault squads.

I not sure what you mean about being further away than 6 inches?

chrisult 02-19-11 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer49 (Post 883980)

I not sure what you mean about being further away than 6 inches?

In the Shield of Sanguinius it says "...any unit within 6" receives a +5 cover save..." so if I want my baals to benefit form it the librarian has to be somewhere near them .