Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Space Marine Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/139-space-marine-army-lists/)
-   -   2000 Points Fluffy Blood Angels (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/space-marine-army-lists/82274-2000-points-fluffy-blood-angels.html)

Initiate 02-13-11 02:44 AM

2000 Points Fluffy Blood Angels

I say fluffy, but I really mean ridiculous spamsauce. This is what I do on Saturday nights, exploit possibilities best left unexploited.

Reclusiarch
w/ Plasma Pistol, Meltabombs, Jump Pack
[175]

Death Company
w/ 25 men, Jump Packs, Lemartes
[1025]

Death Company Dreadnought
w/ Blood Talons, Drop Pod
[160]

w/ Blood Talons, Drop Pod
[160]

w/ Blood Fists, Drop Pod
[160]

w/ Blood Fists, Drop Pod
[160]

w/ Blood Fists, Drop Pod
[160]

Does the look on the opponent's face make an army like this worth the investment?

Astorath333 02-13-11 03:08 AM

I found this out today, DC dreds CAN hold objectives >:). So yes, although this list won't probably win everything....I like it.

*EDIT* and you haven't even begun to spam, I can fit 11 dreadnoughts in a 2000pt list.

maomolin 02-13-11 05:49 AM

um, unless you are reading something i do not see in the blood angels codex, no dread can claim an objective, per page 90 in the mini rulebook:

There are a few exceptions, however, when a unit of troops does not count as scoring:

-If it is a vehicle (Dreads have the type vehicle, walker). [side note: Dark Angels codex has a specific exception to this with ravenwing attack squad land speeders count as scoring due to codex taking precedence.]

-If it has the swarm rule

-If it has a special rule specifying it never counts as a scoring unit (death company).

Dallas_Drake 02-15-11 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Initiate (Post 876949)
Does the look on the opponent's face make an army like this worth the investment?

It looks fun but IMHO you'll probably end up getting bored after a month or so. DC heavy armies can be fun, but I don't think you want to go 'total DC spammy'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astorath333 (Post 876955)
I found this out today, DC dreds CAN hold objectives >:)

Nope.

vertigo boy 02-15-11 09:16 PM

If you have lemartes why then take another chaplain,you don't benefit anymore from having 2,stick a liddy in there with shield & blood lance.

And you'd have to chain the DC dread to an objective to get him to stay by it just like a crazy dog(conjures a wicked picture though).

Would love to see what a vindicator could do to that unit of DC. .

equitypetey 02-15-11 09:44 PM

anti tank?????? mech armies will just look at you and laugh

Initiate 02-16-11 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertigo boy (Post 880007)
If you have lemartes why then take another chaplain,you don't benefit anymore from having 2,stick a liddy in there with shield & blood lance.

That is where fluffy comes in. Lots of DC means lots of Chappies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertigo boy (Post 880007)
And you'd have to chain the DC dread to an objective to get him to stay by it just like a crazy dog

Hehehehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by equitypetey (Post 880042)
anti tank??????

I'll make up for it in anger?

Quote:

Originally Posted by equitypetey (Post 880042)
mech armies will just look at you and laugh

Or maybe hilarity! They can't kill if their laughing, and self-consciousness does not impede a dreadnought's ability to destroy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas_Drake (Post 879912)
It looks fun but IMHO you'll probably end up getting bored after a month or so. DC heavy armies can be fun, but I don't think you want to go 'total DC spammy'.

Thank you for preventing my imminent bankruptcy, I guess I'll just burn the money instead.

equitypetey 02-16-11 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Initiate (Post 880253)

Or maybe hilarity! They can't kill if their laughing, and self-consciousness does not impede a dreadnought's ability to destroy.

no but having s6 blood talons and not dccw does, just hope no one has a landraider

Initiate 02-16-11 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equitypetey (Post 880275)
no but having s6 blood talons and not dccw does, just hope no one has a landraider

True, I must reconsider :P