Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Houserules and Homebrews (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/114-houserules-homebrews/)
-   -   If Master Chief was in the 40k universe (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/houserules-homebrews/80462-if-master-chief-40k-universe.html)

search116 01-21-11 11:34 PM

If Master Chief was in the 40k universe

So this was just a thought in my head that came up when I was playing halo reach what would the master Chief be like in the 40k game. He is a special Charcter for the IG
This is what I came up with.
WS:7 BS:10 S:10 T:4 W:6 A:4 LD:10 2+3++
Special Rules: Fearless Relentless Deep Strike Feel no Pain Preferred enemy: Tau, Tyranid Eternal Warrior
Finish the Fight- When the Master Chief dies put the large blast marker on him all units under this marker die and the Master Chief goes back into reserve.
Perfect Aim-The master chief is such a good shot that he can snipe someone several miles away with hip firing. There fore he re-rolls to hit and wound when shooting.
Sheer Audacity- If the master Chief Deep Strikes,and he rolls a scatter all units that he passed over are tank shocked (if the unit fail there leadership test each model passed over takes a str5 hit) and the master chief takes a wound with no saves aloud.
Enormous strength-The Master Chief is so strong he counts as a monstrous creature in CC.
Luck of a thousand men: The master Cheif is so lucky he can roll a die when he drops to zero wounds if he rolls a 4+ he comes back up with one wound.

Wargear: Assault Rifle Assualt 6 str 4 ap4 rending 36"
Pistol str 5 ap1 48"
Sniper Rifle 4 str- ap5 72"
Close Combat Weapon
The Master Chief was shot with a prototype covenant weapon and was sent to a alternate timeline where the universe is much more populated and he isn't the last super solider created. Unknowingly he was enlisted in the Imperial Guard he is quickly moving through the ranks proving himself to be superior to space marines time and time again.The apothecary's of certain chapters wish to find out what makes him stand out even when compared to the space marines only time will tell how this plays out.

Vaz 01-21-11 11:54 PM

Wusword77 01-22-11 12:07 AM

If Master Chief was in the 40k universe one bolter shell would most likely put him down.

Consider one shot from a sniper rifle in Halo punches through his shields and reduces his health to almost 0. Those guns do not fire .70 caliber mass reactive explosive mini rockets. He'd be screwed 6 ways to Sunday. His armor would be a 4+ at the most, his shield would give him a 5++ (maybe).

Secondly, his wargear would be all wrong as we know his battle rifle does not use ammo anywhere near the caliber of a Bolter round so it can't be Str/AP 4. I would say Str 3 AP -

Third: Str 10? Really? You think Master Chief is stronger then a Carnifex? He's str 4 at the very most.

Fourth: 6 Wounds? Does he even have enough body mass to cover that? Creatures like the Trygon, Trygon Prime, Tervigon, and a Trynnofex have 6 wounds, not some lowly mortal. I'd give him 3 wounds tops, should really only have 2.

Master Chief would get beaten down so badly by a Space Marine/nid, /Deamon/Necron it wouldn't even matter.

Then again, fan-boys will jump on me for saying this with the normal "ZOMG SPARTANS ARE THE BEST!112!!!!221! Master Chief could solo the ENTIRE 40k universe."

gen.ahab 01-22-11 12:11 AM

13 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wusword77 (Post 854084)
Then again, fan-boys will jump on me for saying this with the normal "ZOMG SPARTANS ARE THE BEST!112!!!!221! Master Chief could solo the ENTIRE 40k universe."

No, fans might jump on you for taking a joke WAY to fucking seriously. :laugh: Jesus dude.

KingOfCheese 01-22-11 12:25 AM

Seems a little over the top.
I doubt his stats would be much better than a marine.

WS 4 or 5
BS 5
S 3 or 4
T 3 or 4
W 1 or 2
I 4
A 2
Ld 10
Sv 4++

Oh yeah, thread moved from General 40K to Houserules and Homebrews.

Hooobit 01-22-11 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wusword77 (Post 854084)
If Master Chief was in the 40k universe one bolter shell would most likely put him down.

Consider one shot from a sniper rifle in Halo punches through his shields and reduces his health to almost 0. Those guns do not fire .70 caliber mass reactive explosive mini rockets. He'd be screwed 6 ways to Sunday. His armor would be a 4+ at the most, his shield would give him a 5++ (maybe).

Secondly, his wargear would be all wrong as we know his battle rifle does not use ammo anywhere near the caliber of a Bolter round so it can't be Str/AP 4. I would say Str 3 AP -

Third: Str 10? Really? You think Master Chief is stronger then a Carnifex? He's str 4 at the very most.

Fourth: 6 Wounds? Does he even have enough body mass to cover that? Creatures like the Trygon, Trygon Prime, Tervigon, and a Trynnofex have 6 wounds, not some lowly mortal. I'd give him 3 wounds tops, should really only have 2.

Master Chief would get beaten down so badly by a Space Marine/nid, /Deamon/Necron it wouldn't even matter.

I'm a massive Halo fan.... but this was exactly what i was thinking whilst reading this thread.

The thing to remember is, It's all relevent. In the halo universe he is very strong (both mentally and physically), he has good equipment (Mjolnr armour and shields), great training (trained from the age of 6?) and access to all weapons at the time. He own's people in his timeline......but 40k isn't his timeline.

The issue is that most people see how well some weapons do against power armour or read about how some armies are great in combat, but seem to forget that a lasrifle is used becaus it is better than a standard projectile weapon or that space marines are 8ft tall and are trained to kill for decades, maybe even centuries in the cases of high ranking SM.

The weapons and tech of the 41st millenium may seem ineffective at times, but thats only because everthing has advanced whilst staying equal. e.g. peope used to use bows and swords to fight wars whilst wearing armour, now we use guns and bombs to fight with whilst wearing body armour. effectively the same, but one example is 100's of year ahead the other.

Also, FYI Halo:reach cotains maily spartan III's where as the chief was a spartan II. Details make all the diffference

Deathscythe4722 01-22-11 12:25 AM

See, im not sure if troll here.

Probably troll, because this is blatantly stupid.

But maybe not troll, because Halo fanboys are like Chaos Cultists: They can pop up anywhere, be anyone, and their potential for idiocy is unlimited.

Stella Cadente 01-22-11 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722 (Post 854100)
But maybe not troll, because Halo fanboys are like Chaos Cultists: They can pop up anywhere, be anyone, and their potential for idiocy is unlimited.

sounds just like the description for anti-halo fanboys as well, how weird hey, so many similarites

Deathscythe4722 01-22-11 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stella Cadente (Post 854113)
sounds just like the description for anti-halo fanboys as well, how weird hey, so many similarites

Not sure what you're getting at here. Most people agree that Halo was a moderately good game that had an above-average story. Some people however believe that Halo was the best thing in the history of the universe and that the Master Chief could solo the entire Multiverse, and go out of their way to tell fans of anything not Halo how much better Halo is than everything else.

Either way your thinly veiled insults are not appreciated.

search116 01-22-11 01:06 AM

First off how am I trolling and I admit I am a bit of a fan boy but not a bias one.second balls to you for calling me a idiot. Has anyone seen a space marine jump out of a orbiting space ship and survive the master chief has that's why I gave him that invulnerable save and I'm a little curious how your going to argue that.

darkreever 01-22-11 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by search116 (Post 854056)
WS:7 BS:10 S:10 T:4 W:6 A:4 LD:10 2+3++

A spartan is the halo universes form of a space marine; they are genetically modified human soldiers. The key word in that is human, because beyond a few modifications that all a spartan is.

So at best, his overall statline might be comparable to that of a space marine. Obviously for chief two or three wounds and a leadership at ten would be about right.

As Wusword77 pointed out, that armour and invulnerable save is way over the top. A +4 save seems reasonable, +3 might be possible, but +2? Come on, spartans can't take direct hits from tank rounds like marine terminators can.

And in regards to the invulnerable save, remember that the shield used by spartans is not terribly advanced. ++5 or even a ++4 would make sense but nothing beyond that.

Quote:

Special Rules: Fearless Relentless Deep Strike Feel no Pain Preferred enemy: Tau, Tyranid Eternal Warrior

Why the preferred enemy against Tyranids and Tau? Has he had loads of experience fighting them? (Note that just because he has had experience fighting the flood and the covenant does not give him tons of experience vs. either of those two.)

And then what about feel no pain? He certainly feels it, and it can stop him rather easily to boot. How many times in game have you had to find a health pack, or hide in some corner while your shield recharged?

Quote:

Finish the Fight- When the Master Chief dies put the large blast marker on him all units under this marker die and the Master Chief goes back into reserve.

Last time I played a halo game, death didn't cause a decent sized explosion that killed anything near my corpse. What suddenly is letting this happen? And you do realize that for the most part, when you respawn, everything that occured from that point to when you died is reset right? Death is death in this case.

Quote:

Perfect Aim-The master chief is such a good shot that he can snipe someone several miles away with hip firing. There fore he re-rolls to hit and wound when shooting.

But chief doesn't have perfect aim, no better than any augmented commando anyway. Hell, even space marines of the 40k universe aren't perfect shots. Also note, your giving him a reroll to hit is redundant with that unreasonable BS10

Quote:

Sheer Audacity- If the master Chief Deep Strikes,and he rolls a scatter all units that he passed over are tank shocked (if the unit fail there leadership test each model passed over takes a str5 hit) and the master chief takes a wound with no saves aloud.

Why? And where did that strength 5 bit come from? This makes no sense, please clarify why there is some meteor like rule?

Quote:

Enormous strength-The Master Chief is so strong he counts as a monstrous creature in CC.

But there has never been anything to back this up so what the hell?

Quote:

Luck of a thousand men: The master Cheif is so lucky he can roll a die when he drops to zero wounds if he rolls a 4+ he comes back up with one wound.

What? So not only did you give him feel no pain, which makes very little if any sense, and nearly the best armour and invulnerable save and another special rule that brings him back, but now you give him another rule that can bring him back from zero wounds without having to be brought back from the table edge? Come on now.

Quote:

Wargear: Assault Rifle Assualt 6 str 4 ap4 rending 36"

What? This is a standard issue rifle for regular troopers in the halo universe and its only moderately effective vs normal men in armour. As Wusword said, S3 with ap5 or 6 would be right for this thing, as well as assault 2.

Quote:

Pistol str 5 ap1 48"

What? How many enemies can you readily one shot with the halo pistol from the other side of the map?

Just to point out, MC would eventually run out of his own ammo and have to use something else.

Courage_Honour 01-22-11 01:18 AM

WOW i think the MC would get PWNED!!!! of course maybe if he got better armor and weapons like power armor and a bolter or something like that then maybe he would do alright. I love halo and WH4K but Master Chief with his armor against a space marine with his armor... I think MC would die pretty quickly...

search116 01-22-11 01:21 AM

Don't forget this whole thing was a joke.

Stella Cadente 01-22-11 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722 (Post 854135)

except its not an insult its fact, halo fanboys may be crazy chief lovers who want his children, but halo haters are crazy anti-fanboys who believe master chief has single handedly destroyed the entire gaming industry and that all the fans of the series should be burned on a stake like the fictinal witch hunts.

I am neither personally, I enjoyed the series for what they are, good thought out games that may not of broken any molds but were solid enough to provide replayability in an interesting universe with mistakes, but few enough to keep you interested.

certainly not neg-rep worthy or being a contrary dick as you put it

Hooobit 01-22-11 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by search116 (Post 854138)
Has anyone seen a space marine jump out of a orbiting space ship and survive the master chief has that's why I gave him that invulnerable save and I'm a little curious how your going to argue that.

It wasn't an orbiting space ship, it was a ship entering earths atmosphere. The Chief actually rides a door from the prophet of truths dreadnought down to the surface of earth, the door takes the majority of the heat and also helps to slow the chief down.

Just because he can jump out of a space ship and survive, doesn't make him the best thing since sliced bread, there is no mention of any possible injuries he may have received during the crash landing and only a slight mention that his over pressured gel-layer would have taken most of the impact of the landing.

His shields are best for dealing with small arms fire and not rockets, sniper rounds, over charged plasma pistols and essentially any weapon that isn't just tossing lots of hot brass.

Vaz 01-22-11 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by search116 (Post 854149)

You can say that again.

*schwing*

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

darkreever 01-22-11 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722 (Post 854135)

And your blatant insults/trolling is?

Stella called you out and your upset, get the fuck over yourself.

Midge913 01-22-11 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkreever (Post 854173)
And your blatant insults/trolling is?

Stella called you out and your upset, get the fuck over yourself.

My thoughts exactly.

As to the OP I think it is fun that you have thrown this out there to give us something to discuss. Your special rules are over the top and nowhere near anything credible so I am not even going to speak to them.

I think that in all actuality MC would be some where in between a guardsman and a Space Marine. I think of the old Geno units of guardsmen in during the Heresy, genetically altered soldiers, but nowhere near the level of gene manipulation that a Space Marine endures. Probably with the wargear and training of a Storm Trooper who are trained for years in the arts of war.

All in all an interesting concept, but I think in the end MC would get his ass handed to him.

Lord Sven Kittyclaw 01-22-11 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by search116 (Post 854149)

Your saying that After Darkreever debunked almost everything about your Master chief rules, a page ago, you were getting up in arms about how all your rules made sense? Which is it?

Winterous 01-22-11 04:33 AM

WS4 BS5 S4 T3 W3 I4 A2 Ld9 Sv4+/5++

That's what I'd give him, keeping in mind that he is a hero, not a regular Spartan.

Wargear: Assault Rifle, Energy sword, Frag grenades, Plasma grenades.
Special rules: Fleet, ATSKNF (it's pretty appropriate).

Assault Rifle: 18" S3 AP6 Assault 2

Energy sword: Counts as a Power weapon that grants the Furious Charge USR. (lunging)

Plasma Grenade: Can be used both as a shooting attack, and as a grenade in Close Combat against vehicles.
As a shooting attack: 12" S5 AP4 Assault 1 Blast, Rending.
Against vehicles: S5 Rending, Lance. (you get it in the vulnerable spots)
Yes it's sticky, but it's also dangerous to use in close quarters, so you'd be careful using it against a Walker (so no easier to hit with than a normal grenade).

Other weapons from Halo.

Shotgun: 6" S3 AP- Assault 4. (buckshot, not two slugs as 40k Shotguns fire)

Rocket Launcher: 36" S7 AP4 Heavy 1 Blast.

SMG: 12" S3 AP- Pistol 2. (more wieldy in close quarters than an Assault Rifle, yet still a primary weapon for Infantry, not a sidearm)

Pistol: Laspistol.

Spartan Laser: Lascannon.

Sniper Rifle: Sniper Rifle.

Plasma Rifle: Same thing as SMG.

Plasma Pistol: 12" S2 AP- Pistol.
Can alternatively Overcharge, firing as: 12" S3 AP- Pistol Gets Hot, causes a Shaken result against hit vehicles on a 4+, ignores Invulnerable saves.

Needler: 18" S4 AP3 Assault 1.
Alternatively: 18" S2 AP- Assault 3.

Wusword77 01-22-11 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stella Cadente (Post 854156)
but halo haters are crazy anti-fanboys who believe master chief has single handedly destroyed the entire gaming industry and that all the fans of the series should be burned on a stake like the fictinal witch hunts.

While I don't agree on the first part, I wouldn't mind the second part from time to time. Halo Fanboys are some of the worst out there, mostly because they tend to fall into the class of "Bro Gamer." (For a reference to what a Bro Gamer is please go Here)

Quote:

I am neither personally, I enjoyed the series for what they are, good thought out games that may not of broken any molds but were solid enough to provide replayability in an interesting universe with mistakes, but few enough to keep you interested.
Halo: Combat Evolved showed us what a FPS could be, it didn't "break" the mold, just kinda filled it in all the way. Halo 2 and beyond turned into a money grab that gave us the bastard child Halo 3: ODST.

gen.ahab 01-22-11 05:17 AM

13 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wusword77 (Post 854237)
Halo: Combat Evolved showed us what a FPS could be, it didn't "break" the mold, just kinda filled it in all the way. Halo 2 and beyond turned into a money grab that gave us the bastard child Halo 3: ODST.

Personally, I liked to story line of ODST. All in all it was a good game, IMO.

Stella Cadente 01-22-11 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wusword77 (Post 854237)
that gave us the bastard child Halo 3: ODST.

ODST was actually one of my favs, it was nice to not play as master chief, and I enjoyed the little street sections and the music was brilliant in those parts, added allot to the atmosphere.

the graphics especially on faces did let it down a little though, but who gives a shit about graphics.

Hooobit 01-22-11 03:33 PM

I didn't mind Halo3: ODST, for a game originally designed as an expansion it's pretty good. The thing to remember is that is was more of a test bed for aspects of Halo: Reach, E.g. firefight, night vision/VISR, lighting effect etc.

I'm not an expert, but if you start all serious about something then decide to try the line
"I only did this as a joke", doesn't that mean you have conceded the arguement?

Wusword77 01-22-11 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gen.ahab (Post 854244)
Personally, I liked to story line of ODST. All in all it was a good game, IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stella Cadente (Post 854443)
ODST was actually one of my favs, it was nice to not play as master chief, and I enjoyed the little street sections and the music was brilliant in those parts, added allot to the atmosphere.

the graphics especially on faces did let it down a little though, but who gives a shit about graphics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooobit (Post 854535)
I didn't mind Halo3: ODST, for a game originally designed as an expansion it's pretty good. The thing to remember is that is was more of a test bed for aspects of Halo: Reach, E.g. firefight, night vision/VISR, lighting effect etc.

I'm not an expert, but if you start all serious about something then decide to try the line
"I only did this as a joke", doesn't that mean you have conceded the arguement?

The game should have been DLC, not a full priced $60 retail purchase. Thats what I meant by bastard child. I was disappointed with what was packaged in the game, though the mechanics were strong enough. They should have just had the game as a $20 download.

jaws900 01-22-11 05:00 PM

howabout this
WS - 1
BS - 1
S - 2
T - 2
A - 1
I - 1
W - 1
Ld - 2
Save - ~

That sounds better to me.
Ya i realy dislike halo becuas eof what it has done to gmaing culture in general. Every 1st or 3rd person shooter is compared to halo now which i hate. So master chief can go rot in hell. (BTW Master chieft is actualy Duke Nukem in discise!)

Stella Cadente 01-22-11 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wusword77 (Post 854576)
The game should have been DLC, not a full priced $60 retail purchase. Thats what I meant by bastard child. I was disappointed with what was packaged in the game, though the mechanics were strong enough. They should have just had the game as a $20 download.

everyone these days wants full games for $20, not gonna happen though, why would a game industry make a full game for $20?, unless they want to go out of business
$20 = extra maps for a game, not a full game
you wana t a full game for $20 buy it second hand

but anyway.

WinZip 01-22-11 05:07 PM

How about a stat line for Noble 6 :laugh: Even though he died at the end of Reach he still kills like 7 Zealot and Ultra elites in the last cinematic

Phil73805 01-22-11 05:08 PM

Master Chief? You mean a genetically engineered super-soldier in powered armour? I'm sure we have something like that already in the 40k universe, what are they called...SPACE MARINES!

I know, hard to remember right? I mean GW are only in love with them (and why not) and produce a new Space Marine Codex on an almost weekly basis.

I'm afraid you've just been nominated for a muppet award...

Make no mistake, I love HALO but everytime I play it I'm thinking, oooh look what one Space Marine can do.

gen.ahab 01-22-11 06:06 PM

13 Attachment(s)
Honestly, you can't really base his stats off the game; if you read the Halo books the chief is insane. He basically mows through covies like they aren't even there. I would honestly, now take it with a small pinch of salt since MC and spartans are probably my favorite SciFi .... characters I suppose, anyway, here is how I would write his stats:

WS:4(maybe5) BS:5 S:4 T:4(maybe just 3 though) A:2(maybe3) W:3 I:5(in the books the spartans reaction time is to fast for them to calculate) LD:10 Sv: 4+/4++ (honestly, it wouldn't be anywhere as good a power armor since spartans aren't assault troops)

Special rules:
Fleet(they can do over 30MPH in a full sprint), Fearless, Inspiring Presence, Stubborn.

Inspiring Presence: Basically everyone uses his LD.

I would also figure out some way to work in all the toys he gets from Halo3.

Edit: Really though, this business about comparing a Spartan to a SM is silly. Its comparing apples to oranges; Spartans aren't assault troops, they are covert ops troops. A Spartan would never get into HTH with a SM because, even though a Spartan might have comparable strength and, big maybe here, toughness to a marine, he doesn't have the same training and he doesn't have the same equipment that a marine has access to.

Wusword77 01-22-11 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stella Cadente (Post 854602)
everyone these days wants full games for $20, not gonna happen though, why would a game industry make a full game for $20?, unless they want to go out of business
$20 = extra maps for a game, not a full game
you wana t a full game for $20 buy it second hand

but anyway.

The "game" wasn't a full game. It added 4 maps to multiplayer with a 4 hour single player mode. Hell, it came with a DVD that contained "The full Halo 3 Multiplayer Mode," which most people had as they were playing Halo 3 multiplayer before hand. If you have to package another games multiplayer into your own to call it a "full game" it's not a full game.

If I wanted to re-buy half of Halo 3 plus all it's maps I would have. I wanted a decent sized single player with a bunch of new maps for $60.

Hooobit 01-22-11 06:11 PM

Spartans are more of a Scalpel force, small, agile, fast and stealthy. Designed for putting down a rebellion and hunting a guerilla force.

Where as space marines come across more like a broadsword, big, heavy armoured, hard hitting and designed for conquest/ war.

Both are super soldiers but both have different roles to fill. They would work pretty well together if given the chance.

something more like this seems right,
BS-5 WS-5 S-5 T-4 W-2 I-5 A-2 LD-10 SV-3+/3++

Stella Cadente 01-22-11 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wusword77 (Post 854666)
The "game" wasn't a full game. It added 4 maps to multiplayer with a 4 hour single player mode

in the modern world of awful shitty games like medal of honors 2 hour single player and shite multiplayer, 4 hours of single player and 4 extra maps to a working multiplayer is 2 full games worth of content, you should consider yourself blessed.

Phil73805 01-22-11 06:48 PM

So, if I'm getting this right, Master Chief is more like a Space Marine scout? :)

Hooobit 01-22-11 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil73805 (Post 854688)
So, if I'm getting this right, Master Chief is more like a Space Marine scout? :)

Same kinda role as a scout, just better at doing it. 4+ save probably is a better shout than what i gave him of a 3+.

gen.ahab 01-22-11 07:02 PM

13 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil73805 (Post 854688)

He isn't really a scout. He is more of like the guy you send in to kill a particular person after your scout identifies the location. A Spartan group is more like a black ops kill team. So he is similar in some ways, but still different.

Djinn24 01-22-11 07:32 PM

Agree with Stella. The reason everyone compared modern FPS to Halo is the fact that the first Halo broke WASD single weapon fire mold of FPS of yesteryear. One day it will be toppled by a newer innovative system and we will start comparing games to that.

Kinda like how a lot of folks compare every model game to WH40K.

Wusword77 01-22-11 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooobit (Post 854668)
Spartans are more of a Scalpel force, small, agile, fast and stealthy. Designed for putting down a rebellion and hunting a guerilla force.

Where as space marines come across more like a broadsword, big, heavy armoured, hard hitting and designed for conquest/ war.

Both are super soldiers but both have different roles to fill. They would work pretty well together if given the chance.

something more like this seems right,
BS-5 WS-5 S-5 T-4 W-2 I-5 A-2 LD-10 SV-3+/3++

I would rather take a Spartan with those stats then a Marine. I would go more with something like this for a stat line:

BS-4 WS-4 S-4 T-3 -W-2 I-4 A-2 LD-8 Sv-4+/6++ tops.

A Spartan would be better then a Storm Trooper (which would be the equal of an ODST Trooper) but not the equal of a Marine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stella Cadente (Post 854677)
in the modern world of awful shitty games like medal of honors 2 hour single player and shite multiplayer, 4 hours of single player and 4 extra maps to a working multiplayer is 2 full games worth of content, you should consider yourself blessed.

If you consider 4 hour single player with 4 maps for multiplayer, for a different game no less, a blessing I have a bridge to sell you.

I would also play some of BorderLands. $10 DLC that added anywhere from 4-20 hours of gameplay per DLC. There were 4 of them. Maybe they should have sold them as $60 games as well.

Hooobit 01-22-11 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wusword77 (Post 854796)
I would rather take a Spartan with those stats then a Marine. I would go more with something like this for a stat line:

BS-4 WS-4 S-4 T-3 -W-2 I-4 A-2 LD-8 Sv-4+/6++ tops.

A Spartan would be better then a Storm Trooper (which would be the equal of an ODST Trooper) but not the equal of a Marine.

I did take the stats from a UNSC Fandex i made, Spartan 2's were a 0-1 elites choice, ODST's were akin to storm troopers, marines to veteran troopers and UNSC army was the regular guard type.

I might actually post it.

gen.ahab 01-22-11 09:27 PM

13 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wusword77 (Post 854796)

That would depend on whether you are looking at a SpartanII in the vid or a Spartan in the books, but, again, they wouldn't be better or worse than a marine, they are different.