Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Houserules and Homebrews (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/114-houserules-homebrews/)
-   -   If Master Chief was in the 40k universe (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/houserules-homebrews/80462-if-master-chief-40k-universe.html)

Wusword77 01-22-11 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stella Cadente (Post 854602)
everyone these days wants full games for $20, not gonna happen though, why would a game industry make a full game for $20?, unless they want to go out of business
$20 = extra maps for a game, not a full game
you wana t a full game for $20 buy it second hand

but anyway.

The "game" wasn't a full game. It added 4 maps to multiplayer with a 4 hour single player mode. Hell, it came with a DVD that contained "The full Halo 3 Multiplayer Mode," which most people had as they were playing Halo 3 multiplayer before hand. If you have to package another games multiplayer into your own to call it a "full game" it's not a full game.

If I wanted to re-buy half of Halo 3 plus all it's maps I would have. I wanted a decent sized single player with a bunch of new maps for $60.

Hooobit 01-22-11 06:11 PM

Spartans are more of a Scalpel force, small, agile, fast and stealthy. Designed for putting down a rebellion and hunting a guerilla force.

Where as space marines come across more like a broadsword, big, heavy armoured, hard hitting and designed for conquest/ war.

Both are super soldiers but both have different roles to fill. They would work pretty well together if given the chance.

something more like this seems right,
BS-5 WS-5 S-5 T-4 W-2 I-5 A-2 LD-10 SV-3+/3++

Stella Cadente 01-22-11 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wusword77 (Post 854666)
The "game" wasn't a full game. It added 4 maps to multiplayer with a 4 hour single player mode

in the modern world of awful shitty games like medal of honors 2 hour single player and shite multiplayer, 4 hours of single player and 4 extra maps to a working multiplayer is 2 full games worth of content, you should consider yourself blessed.

Phil73805 01-22-11 06:48 PM

So, if I'm getting this right, Master Chief is more like a Space Marine scout? :)

Hooobit 01-22-11 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil73805 (Post 854688)
So, if I'm getting this right, Master Chief is more like a Space Marine scout? :)

Same kinda role as a scout, just better at doing it. 4+ save probably is a better shout than what i gave him of a 3+.

gen.ahab 01-22-11 07:02 PM

13 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil73805 (Post 854688)

He isn't really a scout. He is more of like the guy you send in to kill a particular person after your scout identifies the location. A Spartan group is more like a black ops kill team. So he is similar in some ways, but still different.

Djinn24 01-22-11 07:32 PM

Agree with Stella. The reason everyone compared modern FPS to Halo is the fact that the first Halo broke WASD single weapon fire mold of FPS of yesteryear. One day it will be toppled by a newer innovative system and we will start comparing games to that.

Kinda like how a lot of folks compare every model game to WH40K.

Wusword77 01-22-11 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooobit (Post 854668)
Spartans are more of a Scalpel force, small, agile, fast and stealthy. Designed for putting down a rebellion and hunting a guerilla force.

Where as space marines come across more like a broadsword, big, heavy armoured, hard hitting and designed for conquest/ war.

Both are super soldiers but both have different roles to fill. They would work pretty well together if given the chance.

something more like this seems right,
BS-5 WS-5 S-5 T-4 W-2 I-5 A-2 LD-10 SV-3+/3++

I would rather take a Spartan with those stats then a Marine. I would go more with something like this for a stat line:

BS-4 WS-4 S-4 T-3 -W-2 I-4 A-2 LD-8 Sv-4+/6++ tops.

A Spartan would be better then a Storm Trooper (which would be the equal of an ODST Trooper) but not the equal of a Marine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stella Cadente (Post 854677)
in the modern world of awful shitty games like medal of honors 2 hour single player and shite multiplayer, 4 hours of single player and 4 extra maps to a working multiplayer is 2 full games worth of content, you should consider yourself blessed.

If you consider 4 hour single player with 4 maps for multiplayer, for a different game no less, a blessing I have a bridge to sell you.

I would also play some of BorderLands. $10 DLC that added anywhere from 4-20 hours of gameplay per DLC. There were 4 of them. Maybe they should have sold them as $60 games as well.

Hooobit 01-22-11 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wusword77 (Post 854796)
I would rather take a Spartan with those stats then a Marine. I would go more with something like this for a stat line:

BS-4 WS-4 S-4 T-3 -W-2 I-4 A-2 LD-8 Sv-4+/6++ tops.

A Spartan would be better then a Storm Trooper (which would be the equal of an ODST Trooper) but not the equal of a Marine.

I did take the stats from a UNSC Fandex i made, Spartan 2's were a 0-1 elites choice, ODST's were akin to storm troopers, marines to veteran troopers and UNSC army was the regular guard type.

I might actually post it.

gen.ahab 01-22-11 09:27 PM

13 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wusword77 (Post 854796)

That would depend on whether you are looking at a SpartanII in the vid or a Spartan in the books, but, again, they wouldn't be better or worse than a marine, they are different.