Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Houserules and Homebrews (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/114-houserules-homebrews/)
-   -   If Master Chief was in the 40k universe (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/houserules-homebrews/80462-if-master-chief-40k-universe.html)

darkreever 01-22-11 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by search116 (Post 854056)
WS:7 BS:10 S:10 T:4 W:6 A:4 LD:10 2+3++

A spartan is the halo universes form of a space marine; they are genetically modified human soldiers. The key word in that is human, because beyond a few modifications that all a spartan is.

So at best, his overall statline might be comparable to that of a space marine. Obviously for chief two or three wounds and a leadership at ten would be about right.

As Wusword77 pointed out, that armour and invulnerable save is way over the top. A +4 save seems reasonable, +3 might be possible, but +2? Come on, spartans can't take direct hits from tank rounds like marine terminators can.

And in regards to the invulnerable save, remember that the shield used by spartans is not terribly advanced. ++5 or even a ++4 would make sense but nothing beyond that.

Quote:

Special Rules: Fearless Relentless Deep Strike Feel no Pain Preferred enemy: Tau, Tyranid Eternal Warrior

Why the preferred enemy against Tyranids and Tau? Has he had loads of experience fighting them? (Note that just because he has had experience fighting the flood and the covenant does not give him tons of experience vs. either of those two.)

And then what about feel no pain? He certainly feels it, and it can stop him rather easily to boot. How many times in game have you had to find a health pack, or hide in some corner while your shield recharged?

Quote:

Finish the Fight- When the Master Chief dies put the large blast marker on him all units under this marker die and the Master Chief goes back into reserve.

Last time I played a halo game, death didn't cause a decent sized explosion that killed anything near my corpse. What suddenly is letting this happen? And you do realize that for the most part, when you respawn, everything that occured from that point to when you died is reset right? Death is death in this case.

Quote:

Perfect Aim-The master chief is such a good shot that he can snipe someone several miles away with hip firing. There fore he re-rolls to hit and wound when shooting.

But chief doesn't have perfect aim, no better than any augmented commando anyway. Hell, even space marines of the 40k universe aren't perfect shots. Also note, your giving him a reroll to hit is redundant with that unreasonable BS10

Quote:

Sheer Audacity- If the master Chief Deep Strikes,and he rolls a scatter all units that he passed over are tank shocked (if the unit fail there leadership test each model passed over takes a str5 hit) and the master chief takes a wound with no saves aloud.

Why? And where did that strength 5 bit come from? This makes no sense, please clarify why there is some meteor like rule?

Quote:

Enormous strength-The Master Chief is so strong he counts as a monstrous creature in CC.

But there has never been anything to back this up so what the hell?

Quote:

Luck of a thousand men: The master Cheif is so lucky he can roll a die when he drops to zero wounds if he rolls a 4+ he comes back up with one wound.

What? So not only did you give him feel no pain, which makes very little if any sense, and nearly the best armour and invulnerable save and another special rule that brings him back, but now you give him another rule that can bring him back from zero wounds without having to be brought back from the table edge? Come on now.

Quote:

Wargear: Assault Rifle Assualt 6 str 4 ap4 rending 36"

What? This is a standard issue rifle for regular troopers in the halo universe and its only moderately effective vs normal men in armour. As Wusword said, S3 with ap5 or 6 would be right for this thing, as well as assault 2.

Quote:

Pistol str 5 ap1 48"

What? How many enemies can you readily one shot with the halo pistol from the other side of the map?

Just to point out, MC would eventually run out of his own ammo and have to use something else.

Courage_Honour 01-22-11 01:18 AM

WOW i think the MC would get PWNED!!!! of course maybe if he got better armor and weapons like power armor and a bolter or something like that then maybe he would do alright. I love halo and WH4K but Master Chief with his armor against a space marine with his armor... I think MC would die pretty quickly...

search116 01-22-11 01:21 AM

Don't forget this whole thing was a joke.

Stella Cadente 01-22-11 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722 (Post 854135)
Either way your thinly veiled insults are not appreciated.

except its not an insult its fact, halo fanboys may be crazy chief lovers who want his children, but halo haters are crazy anti-fanboys who believe master chief has single handedly destroyed the entire gaming industry and that all the fans of the series should be burned on a stake like the fictinal witch hunts.

I am neither personally, I enjoyed the series for what they are, good thought out games that may not of broken any molds but were solid enough to provide replayability in an interesting universe with mistakes, but few enough to keep you interested.

certainly not neg-rep worthy or being a contrary dick as you put it

Hooobit 01-22-11 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by search116 (Post 854138)
Has anyone seen a space marine jump out of a orbiting space ship and survive the master chief has that's why I gave him that invulnerable save and I'm a little curious how your going to argue that.

It wasn't an orbiting space ship, it was a ship entering earths atmosphere. The Chief actually rides a door from the prophet of truths dreadnought down to the surface of earth, the door takes the majority of the heat and also helps to slow the chief down.

Just because he can jump out of a space ship and survive, doesn't make him the best thing since sliced bread, there is no mention of any possible injuries he may have received during the crash landing and only a slight mention that his over pressured gel-layer would have taken most of the impact of the landing.

His shields are best for dealing with small arms fire and not rockets, sniper rounds, over charged plasma pistols and essentially any weapon that isn't just tossing lots of hot brass.

Vaz 01-22-11 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by search116 (Post 854149)

You can say that again.

*schwing*

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

darkreever 01-22-11 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722 (Post 854135)
Either way your thinly veiled insults are not appreciated.

And your blatant insults/trolling is?

Stella called you out and your upset, get the fuck over yourself.

Midge913 01-22-11 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkreever (Post 854173)
And your blatant insults/trolling is?

Stella called you out and your upset, get the fuck over yourself.

My thoughts exactly.

As to the OP I think it is fun that you have thrown this out there to give us something to discuss. Your special rules are over the top and nowhere near anything credible so I am not even going to speak to them.

I think that in all actuality MC would be some where in between a guardsman and a Space Marine. I think of the old Geno units of guardsmen in during the Heresy, genetically altered soldiers, but nowhere near the level of gene manipulation that a Space Marine endures. Probably with the wargear and training of a Storm Trooper who are trained for years in the arts of war.

All in all an interesting concept, but I think in the end MC would get his ass handed to him.

Lord Sven Kittyclaw 01-22-11 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by search116 (Post 854149)

Your saying that After Darkreever debunked almost everything about your Master chief rules, a page ago, you were getting up in arms about how all your rules made sense? Which is it?

Winterous 01-22-11 04:33 AM

WS4 BS5 S4 T3 W3 I4 A2 Ld9 Sv4+/5++

That's what I'd give him, keeping in mind that he is a hero, not a regular Spartan.

Wargear: Assault Rifle, Energy sword, Frag grenades, Plasma grenades.
Special rules: Fleet, ATSKNF (it's pretty appropriate).

Assault Rifle: 18" S3 AP6 Assault 2

Energy sword: Counts as a Power weapon that grants the Furious Charge USR. (lunging)

Plasma Grenade: Can be used both as a shooting attack, and as a grenade in Close Combat against vehicles.
As a shooting attack: 12" S5 AP4 Assault 1 Blast, Rending.
Against vehicles: S5 Rending, Lance. (you get it in the vulnerable spots)
Yes it's sticky, but it's also dangerous to use in close quarters, so you'd be careful using it against a Walker (so no easier to hit with than a normal grenade).

Other weapons from Halo.

Shotgun: 6" S3 AP- Assault 4. (buckshot, not two slugs as 40k Shotguns fire)

Rocket Launcher: 36" S7 AP4 Heavy 1 Blast.

SMG: 12" S3 AP- Pistol 2. (more wieldy in close quarters than an Assault Rifle, yet still a primary weapon for Infantry, not a sidearm)

Pistol: Laspistol.

Spartan Laser: Lascannon.

Sniper Rifle: Sniper Rifle.

Plasma Rifle: Same thing as SMG.

Plasma Pistol: 12" S2 AP- Pistol.
Can alternatively Overcharge, firing as: 12" S3 AP- Pistol Gets Hot, causes a Shaken result against hit vehicles on a 4+, ignores Invulnerable saves.

Needler: 18" S4 AP3 Assault 1.
Alternatively: 18" S2 AP- Assault 3.