Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Imperial Guard Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/136-imperial-guard-army-lists/)
-   -   Guard ye oldie style of war 1500 (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/imperial-guard-army-lists/78495-guard-ye-oldie-style-war-1500-a.html)

arhain 12-24-10 02:27 AM

Guard ye oldie style of war 1500

This army is based on a simple theme, 17th century european army.
The medusa are cannons and you can probably guess what the rest of the army does.

Command squads keep mobile throwing orders at the weakest points of the line, predominantly first rank fire second rank fire as the infantry squads are only armed with the basic lasguns.

HQ

Company Command Squad
Grenade Launcher
Total 55

FAST ATTACK

Rough Rider Squad
2 Additional Rough Riders
Total 75

TROOPS

Infantry Platoon A (280)

Platoon Command Squad A
Total 30

Infantry Squad 1 A
Total 50

Infantry Squad 2 A
Total 50

Infantry Squad 3 A
Total 50

Infantry Squad 4 A
Total 50

Infantry Squad 5 A
Total 50

Infantry Platoon B (280)

Platoon Command Squad B
Total 30

Infantry Squad 1 B
Total 50

Infantry Squad 2 B
Total 50

Infantry Squad 3 B
Total 50

Infantry Squad 4 B
Total 50

Infantry Squad 5 B
Total 50

HEAVY SUPPORT

Ordnance Battery Alpha
Medusa
Medusa
Total 270

Ordnance Battery Bravo
Medusa
Medusa
Total 270

Ordnance Battery Charlie
Medusa
Medusa
Total 270

GRAND TOTAL 1500

donkey555 12-24-10 10:08 AM

I like the fluff and your list will be fun to convert and build but i have to be honest and say that you really need some weapons in your infantry squads as the list will fall apart once those mesuadas are gone

bishop5 12-24-10 12:42 PM

Nice idea.

Drop a couple of infantry squads and use the points to give them more punch.

Autocannons for popping transports, flamers/grenade launchers/melta/plasma for close range power.

The CCS needs more guns! Try dropping in a Master of Ordnance for another large blast and a couple of plasma or something.

the Autarch 12-24-10 12:59 PM

i like this list, nice theme, although you might wanna bunch up a couple of those squads and add a commissar so they dont run. Also if you're going to rely on orders to increase your firepower you might consider vox casters although that does kinda go against your theme so its up to you, good hunting

donkey555 12-24-10 01:10 PM

some ideas to give squads weapons:

-You could convert some blunderbuss's to represent grenade launchers or shotguns

-You could convert old style mortars to be well mortars

-You could use long barrelled muskets/rifles to be snipers

-Maybe some veterans to represent skirmishers

-More cavalry!!! a 17th century army often relied on the cavalry to carry the day.

maybe consider the Death corps of kreig list, just look for death korps of krieg pdf on google, death riders and the extra WS will help, plus you can get cannons (without tracks)

HOBO 12-24-10 08:26 PM

As much as I like Medusas I would consider some other form of Artillery to add to the mix. You have nothing with a range longer than 36" (except the RR's which are easily taken care of) so all someone needs is to field longer ranges stuff than you and pound you to hunks of meat.

Been direct fire only the Medusas are within sight of the enemy's AT weapons, so another reason a mix of Arty would be beneficial, preferably indirect fire ones...still stays within theme.

I agree with the others...great theme, but CCS and Infantry units without SW/HW's is missing a trick = much needed firepower. A Commissar - led combined Platoon is also a very good way to increase their weaponry's efficiency and staying power...also helps protect your Artillery.

arhain 12-25-10 01:43 AM

I could drop one of the medusa batterys, replace it with a colossus and with the points left over upgrade some of the infantry squads ( not sure if i want to, theme is that everyone is armed with muskets [lasguns]).

thisisaguard111 12-26-10 01:21 AM

fluff wise throw in a commissar in those platoons, game wise if you combine the squads then it makes them more likely stand and not run away