Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Fluff (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/18-40k-fluff/)
-   -   Earth in Warhammer40K (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-fluff/78086-earth-warhammer40k.html)

Androxine Vortex 12-18-10 03:50 PM

Earth in Warhammer40K

(When I say Earth I mean Earth as it is now. With the same technology we have, the same countries we have, even you, the reader, sitting at your computer reading this)

What if the Imperium came to our world? Do you think we would be compliant?

I don't think we as a whole would. Maybe some nations would choose to be and others would resist. We would probably have a lot wars too. But eventually I think we would have to surrender our world.

Tell me what you think?

locustgate 12-18-10 03:53 PM

I think this has already been done.
The majority of us would probably resist and we would be crushed like bugs.

Vaz 12-18-10 03:54 PM

Course we wouldn't surrender. Until it was too late. Too many pansies around to say fight to the end - and they would be the ones who be around at the end as well.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Chompy Bits 12-18-10 03:56 PM

If the Imperium found us as we are now, they'd probably declare exterminatus on us purely because of Justin Bieber. Wouldn't want that taint to spread any further than one planet.

Stephen_Newman 12-18-10 04:11 PM

I would rather hope the Nids invade Earth before the Imperium. They only have to eat France to take up the surrender gene and were as good as dandy.

If the Imperium landed here they would declare us traitors for moving around little figurines of themselves around tiny tables.

Hooobit 12-18-10 04:25 PM

If the imperium landed on earth...... where did they come from?

The most likely thing is that (unless they just open up on us and decide to wipe the planet out) we would be annexed into the Imperium and after recieving the advanced weaponary of the imperium the majority of the soldiers in our armies would be sent of the proove themselves, considering the current tactics and thinking of the main powerfull countries armies, they would be used as more elite forces than just cannon fodder, Although some still will.

Considering that the main commonground that anyone could have (other than being human) would be that both cultures mainly worship a singular god who is the father of mankind. Unfortunately some other religions would be wiped out or driven underground, pretty much any that polytheist ideas.

Harriticus 12-18-10 04:28 PM

Didn't the Imperium absorb parts of the Interex, which was a technologically advanced human empire? I don't think we'd get Exterminatus. Rather I imagine we'd try to establish "diplomatic relations" with them at first, to which the Imperium laughs at the very concept of diplomacy and proceeds to forcibly assimilate us. We'd all be on some frozen hellhole clinging to our lasguns in a never-ending war against Orks a few years later.

toalewa850 12-18-10 04:29 PM

If they did come and destroy us the Imperium would cease to exist since they just killed their ancestors. [Especially since they live on a renamed Earth and they live in the 41st millenia] They would HAVE to come in peace.

Hooobit 12-18-10 04:47 PM

Terra is just the latin name for earth. Latin is most likely what is commonly reffered to as High gothic.

And dammit toalewa850, that was the point i was waiting to use on someone who would argue that the "imperium comes from terra"

gen.ahab 12-18-10 04:52 PM

13 Attachment(s)
High Gothic isn't Latin. It's an amalgam of various old earth languages, but with a heavy emphasis on latin.

He is not saying they we are the terra that the imperium spawned from. Merely that we could be a long lost element of humanity that came to believe this was terra.... IOW, stupid.