Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Television and Movies (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/174-television-movies/)
-   -   Indiana Jones (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/television-movies/77576-indiana-jones.html)

Nave Senrag 12-12-10 01:31 AM

Indiana Jones

There is an Indiana Jones marathon that will last through the weekend. So, it seemed an adequate opportunity to ask about the worldwide opinions of the Indiana Jones movies. So does anyone have a favorite movie? Does anyone hate the entire series? If so, why?

VanitusMalus 12-12-10 01:39 AM

I actually love the Indiana Jones series. I still think 4 was pushing it. The fourth installment started off meaning well but I think by the end just came apart. We all know a fridge could never save you from a nuclear blast so before anyone makes mention of that it's only fiction and Indiana Jones fiction at that (survivability against all odds at any cost).

I personally love the third installment the most, but I was young when I saw it.

The weirdest thing about the third installment is I actually had a dream about a cardboard promotional cut out for it years before the movie came out. Weird stuff.

Nave Senrag 12-12-10 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanitusMalus (Post 814890)
I actually love the Indiana Jones series. I still think 4 was pushing it. The fourth installment started off meaning well but I think by the end just came apart. We all know a fridge could never save you from a nuclear blast so before anyone makes mention of that it's only fiction and Indiana Jones fiction at that (survivability against all odds at any cost).

I personally love the third installment the most, but I was young when I saw it.

The weirdest thing about the third installment is I actually had a dream about a cardboard promotional cut out for it years before the movie came out. Weird stuff.

Three is my favorite as well if only because his father is a genius, in his awkward, fumbling way. The fourth was decent, it had a good concept, but it didn't do a good job with it. I think it was better than most people make it out to be though. My least favorite is probably the second one. Short-round was funny but weird, and his female companion was a whiny bitch.

ckcrawford 12-12-10 03:04 AM

My favorite go in this order.

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Temple of Doom
Whatever the one with Sean Connary was
Whatever the fuck the one was with the transformer kids.

Basically like the first two. Hated the rest.

Dīnadan 12-12-10 03:28 PM

I didn't particularly like the fourth one, although I think it's got more to do with the difference in tone than anything else. The first three were about magic and religion, whereas the fourth was 50s sci-fi and as such didn't really fit in in my opinion. If it had been a generic action film, rather than an Indian Jones film it would have been better I think.

ChaosRedCorsairLord 12-12-10 04:46 PM

I'm pretty sure there's only 3 Indiana Jones movies... I've never heard of a fourth one, and if it did exist it would certainly not be about something completely ridiculous like trans-dimensional aliens or some such nonsense...

Doelago 12-12-10 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosRedCorsairLord (Post 815502)
I'm pretty sure there's only 3 Indiana Jones movies... I've never heard of a fourth one, and if it did exist it would certainly not be about something completely ridiculous like trans-dimensional aliens or some such nonsense...

There is a fourth one... Here in Finland there has been a Indiana Jones marathon going on for the past two weeks... They show one of the movies each Friday...

Personally I think George Lucas did a better job on Star Wars, but these are also good... But not as good...

Angel of Blood 12-12-10 06:43 PM

The Last Crusade with Sean Connery is the best one by far, amazing film

Doelago 12-12-10 06:52 PM

I am actually watching "the Last Crusade" right now. The boat chase was quite nice...