Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Space Marine Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/139-space-marine-army-lists/)
-   -   Blood Angels revised Mech (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/space-marine-army-lists/76365-blood-angels-revised-mech.html)

Razormouse 11-26-10 07:06 PM

Blood Angels revised Mech

Librarian x2
-Blood lance or Fear of the dark
-Shield of Sanguinius

Assault squad x4
-Meltagun
-Razorback
-t/l assault cannon

Assault squad x2
-meltagun
-Razorback
-Lascannon T/L las

Baal Predator x3
-Heavy Bolters

Predator
-bolters

Predator x2
-Lascannon

Had it looked at by stelek @YTTH

Aphael 11-27-10 10:29 PM

i would take rage and strength for the libby, as it helps alot in the CC.

Lord Pestilice 11-27-10 11:19 PM

I feel your SGTs need some kind of special CC weapons to make them more effective. I would suggest drop the pred with h bolters and use those points to buy power weapons and or power fists. Failing that, you still have 5 points you can use to throw some melta bombs on one sgt

bl0203 11-28-10 01:21 AM

Not a bad start, but why the Dakka Preds. Leave that to your Baals they do it much better. I would change 2 of those Preds to LC Sponson Preds and use the extra points to upgrade the Sgts.

Good Luck!!

Razormouse 11-28-10 01:24 AM

My list has had 2 autolas predators in it. Since I posted it. This is not a cc list so my librarian dont need cc abilities or my assault squads don't need cc upgrades. Its only one dakka predator.

4 assault cannon razorbacks go with the baals and the 2 las/plas and autolas shoot it up back field. Everything can move and fire. Its just a move and shoot list with melta guns if I need to pop tanks. The fear is to use on units that are breakable mid to end game.

Dropping a tank to make min sized assault squads hit harder in combat is not good idea. If this was DoA which I also play my librarians and assault marines are geared to get into CC. This is not that list.

r9a9g9e 11-28-10 08:30 PM

DAkKA DAkKA DAkKA DAkKA!! With that much firepower if u needed the cc boost u r doing it wrong. With that in mind I question how effective fear will be a lot of the units are fearless, but blood lance is only one wound (because their are no tanks left past turn 2!) good list.

Razormouse 11-29-10 01:16 AM

Yeah. I am not looking for a cc punch this is all about firepower. The Fear of the dark is more a utility for some of the units out there that are not fearless IE: Kroot(most troops),things I dont want to assault into cover or shoot off with guns. The are alot of units that even that fear will hurt. Its just for mid late game to use on some units holding objectives and such. The lance was what I was going with before upgrading some predators. Quick recap:

30 scoring power armor marines
12 vehicles
8 Heavy bolters
7 twin linked assault cannons
6 meltaguns
6 lascannons
2 twin linked plasmaguns
2 librarians putting out 5+ shield on everything and able to fear a unit.

This list scales down by dropping some razorback/assault marines or pred and scales up with your elite slots and getting some Termies in LR or taking some Honorguard and getting 2 more razorbacks.

Some may have missed some of this in the initial read.