Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Space Marine Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/139-space-marine-army-lists/)
-   -   2k Ba (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/space-marine-army-lists/76266-2k-ba.html)

Feahitor 11-25-10 02:42 AM

2k Ba

Hello. Let me start by saying I'm new to heresy online. I have been reading it for a while now and thought i might post up an army i will be playing vs my friends SM army this weekend. I normally play Orks or Chaos Marines, but i' have been slowly collecting SM. This will be my first try with the BA list.

Librarian 145
Terminator armour/ Storm shield
Fear of Darkness and Shield of Sanguinius

Librarian 145
Terminator armour/ Storm shield
Fear of Darkness and Shield of Sanguinius
(not 100% sure if i need the Terminator armour/ Storm shield)

Sanguinary Priests (2) 140pts
melta bombs, power weapons.

Scout Squad (10) 195pts
Sniper Rifles, missile launcher, and camo cloaks. Sgt. combi-melta and melta bombs.

Scout Squad (10) 195pts
Sniper Rifles, missile launcher, and camo cloaks. Sgt. combi-melta and melta bombs.

Attack bikes (3) 150pts
Multi-meltas

Attack bikes (3) 150pts
Multi-meltas

Attack bikes (3) 150pts
Multi-meltas

Devastator Squad (10) 240pts
4 plasma cannons, sgt combi-melta.

Devastator Squad (10) 240pts
4 plasma cannons, sgt combi-melta.

Devastator Squad (10) 220pts
4 Missile launchers, Sgt combi-melta

Well the whole idea of this force, is to have the 2 Librarians(one in each of the plasma devastators) cover all the devastators with Shield of Sanguinius, and fear the targeted unit as well. The 2 Sanguinary Priests are with the same Devastators, trying to cover all 3 Devastators with the blood chalice. The scouts set up to cover the Devastators and try to pin as many units as they can. And the attack bikes go hunting for heavy armour. Any cc would be great =)

Lord Pestilice 11-25-10 04:33 AM

I dont see Fear the Darkness doing that well. There are so many things out there that can simply negate this power or have high LD that it will rarely work.
I think the combi meltas on the Dev SGTs are a waste. If something has gotten that close anyway you are likely in trouble.

Feahitor 11-25-10 08:33 PM

Thanks for the response. I'll give it a try as is and let you know how it worked out.

Dallas_Drake 11-26-10 11:12 AM

Can't really say much since it's a gun-line & I've never fielded an army like this. Heck, I've never even played without RAS before :/

Feahitor 11-26-10 05:57 PM

The army my firend is going to play is heavy assualt. But he never uses jump packs. I'm thining up a different version of my list with a little more punch. Terminators maybe?

CLT40k 11-26-10 06:24 PM

I don't think it has enough range to really work... Also, you lack the mobility to capture and hold stuff (or really even to contest... cause those bikes won't be on the field too long)