Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   General 40k (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/14-general-40k/)
-   -   How diverse is your Hobby Shop (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/general-40k/75953-how-diverse-your-hobby-shop.html)

search116 11-20-10 09:38 PM

How diverse is your Hobby Shop

Well this is me being curious as I am the only black guy that plays at my hobbyshop or in the world, my hobbyshop is a little bit diverse,but I am pondering how diverse is your guys hobbyshop.

OrkByTheGraceOfGork 11-20-10 11:05 PM

There's a black guy who plays WHFB at the FLGS I frequent. Actually the majority of gamers there play fantasy, but I digress; there are asian gamers, hispanic gamers, and a bunch of white guys. It might be, because we have a university and 3 colleges in town.

SGMAlice 11-20-10 11:37 PM

Zero Black/Asian/Whatever Guys/Girls at mine. Unfortunately its completely White Guys/Girls.
That being said: There are only two Girls at mine, Me being one of them.

SGMAlice

ROT 11-20-10 11:42 PM

1 person at my GW. Everyone else is white.

bitsandkits 11-20-10 11:46 PM

when you asked how diverse is your shop? i was expecting "does it sell more than just GW stock" not a discussion on race statistics lol, Generally this hobby is enjoyed by white middle class males aged 12 to adult. I have only ever known 1 black family play (they used to pay me to paint for them) and i have only ever known 1 female player and a couple that would paint the models.
That said my customers come from all over the globe, granted the vast majority come from white English speaking countries but i do get some from very unexpected locations (Including a Submarine) like Brazil,japan and Russia and a few from south africa.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

GrizBe 11-20-10 11:54 PM

I was expecting more of a 'What games are played at your GW' then a race thing too.

That said, even though we have zero people who aren't white, we have women, and we have a couple of gays and lesbians too.

Gameswise... its a pretty even split of 40k and fantasy players... we have ziltch people interested in, or who play LoTR.

HOBO 11-21-10 12:22 AM

I won't touch on the whole 'race' vibe going on here, but I have 5/6 GW/LGS's within an hour of me..the closest one doesn't play 40K at all as they think it's an unsatisfying game on many levels. They are massive Fantasy gamers though and 2/3 of them are in the top 10 in Aus Tourney-wise. That said, they have even moved on from that since the new Edition hit and now play either FoW or Warmachine...2 games I can't/won't get into.

WinZip 11-21-10 12:26 AM

mine is pretty diverse, we got some hispanics and a couple black guys too, but they play magic the gathering not warhammer. (my store isnt a true GW store)

SGMAlice 11-21-10 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrizBe (Post 793601)
That said, even though we have zero people who aren't white, we have women, and we have a couple of gays and lesbians too.

Are Lesbians not Women? Are Gays not men? Why have you seperated the two?
Quite distinctly too. Was it necessary to seperate them when:
'We have Zero people who aren't white and we have a few Women'
Would have sufficed.

Not being an Asshole or anything but the seperation is strange to say the least.

SGMAlice

bitsandkits 11-21-10 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGMAlice (Post 793643)
Are Lesbians not Women? Are Gays not men? Why have you seperated the two?
Quite distinctly too. Was it necessary to seperate them when:
'We have Zero people who aren't white and we have a few Women'
Would have sufficed.

Not being an Asshole or anything but the seperation is strange to say the least.

SGMAlice

the threads about diversity so maybe he thought it was worth mentioning, i would have thought it would be good to have your sexuality represented.I didnt read it as the gay people were not of a certain sex, just that he was pointing out the diversity in his club

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!