Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Space Marine Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/139-space-marine-army-lists/)
-   -   Competitive 1500 pts Raven guard list (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/space-marine-army-lists/75889-competitive-1500-pts-raven-guard-list.html)

Deus Mortis 11-19-10 09:10 PM

Competitive 1500 pts Raven guard list

Hello, my fellow heretics. I am hoping to secure the funds to go to the Throne of Skulls tournament, and as such, need a good 1500 points list. Sadly, I play mainly social games, so the following list may be very bad :P:

Hq:

Space marine Chaplin, with terminator armour and storm bolter

Troops:

x10 Scouts with 9 sniper rifles and 1 rocket launcher, all with camo cloaks and a melta bombs

x10 Scouts with 9 sniper rifles and 1 rocket launcher, all with camo cloaks and a melta bombs

Elites:

x10 Terminator Assault squad, with Thunder Hammer and Storm Shields - Land Raider Redeemer with a multi-melts (Dedicated transport)

Heavy Support:

Vindicator with siege shield

This only comes up to 1380 points, and I'm not sure what to spend it on. Should I remove something? Add something in?

C & C would be greatly appreciated! :ok:

CLT40k 11-19-10 09:44 PM

Well, your scouts are not the best choice... One unit is great for sitting on an objective... W/ Cammo cloaks they're hard to dislodge. But 20 just too many.

With your elites, you can't fit them in the LR, and I just don't see the footslogging of them as being too helpful.

Now, if this is just what you have available, then no worries... but if the intent is to build a really competative list, I don't think you have the tools here.

Ultra111 11-19-10 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deus Mortis (Post 792486)
Hello, my fellow heretics. I am hoping to secure the funds to go to the Throne of Skulls tournament, and as such, need a good 1500 points list. Sadly, I play mainly social games, so the following list may be very bad :P:

Hq:

Space marine Chaplin, with terminator armour and storm bolter

I assume he's going with the terminators? if so ok.

Troops:

I'd drop one squad entirely, and add 2 tactical squads with razorback + an upgrade. Have a 5-man scout squad with telion, 3 snipers and 1 ml for 135 points

Elites:

x10 Terminator Assault squad, with Thunder Hammer and Storm Shields - Land Raider Redeemer with a multi-melts (Dedicated transport)

Drop to 5 men. Maybe give 2 LC's.

Heavy Support:

If I were you I would drop the siege shields. Add a predator with HB sponsoons and storm bolter.

This only comes up to 1380 points, and I'm not sure what to spend it on. Should I remove something? Add something in?

C & C would be greatly appreciated! :ok:

Maybe throw a dreadnought or two with 2/TWAC, or some land speeders with HF/MM, or sternguard. Or a mixture.