Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Space Marine Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/139-space-marine-army-lists/)
-   -   Really quick 1500pt Imperial Fists list. (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/space-marine-army-lists/75821-really-quick-1500pt-imperial-fists-list.html)

Marneus Calgar 11-18-10 11:26 PM

Really quick 1500pt Imperial Fists list.

HQ:

Lysander – 200pts

Elites:

5 Terminators, 5 x Thunder Hammer + SS
- Land Raider Redeemer
- 440pts

Troops:

10 x Space Marines, Plasma Gun, Lascannon, Power Fist – 215pts
10 x Space Marines, Plasma Gun, Lascannon, Power Fist – 215pts
5 x Scouts, 5 x Sniper Rifles -75pts
5 x Scouts, 5 x Sniper Rifles – 75pts

Heavy Support:

2 x Vindicators, Hunter Killer Missiles – 280pts

1500pts on the nose.

It was a list put together in like 5 minutes, basically the plan was put either Vindicator up either flank, with the tactical marines up behind, zoom them up 12" in the first turn. Move the Land Raider up the centre 12" using power of Machine Spirit to fire the assault cannon (or flamestorm depending who I was against and how close they are..). The scouts are basically there to try and cause as many pinning tests as possible, trying to make them lose out on a round of whatever. Lysander is there to ride with the Terminators and in combat. However, it might be better if he's in with one of the Tactical squads...

Like I said, this was put together pretty quickly, so any feedback is appreciated (and it's my first marine list in a while!).

Orochi 11-18-10 11:48 PM

640 points of your 1500 point army in one game winning unit?

EDIT:
and is it still a green idea to put Plasma in Lascannon squads?

Izzleydill 11-19-10 03:09 AM

take the hunker-killer missles off the vindicators and get a ML in the scouts squads. More str 8 shots

Lord Pestilice 11-19-10 04:11 AM

I agree with Izzy, those HK missles need to go. If the Vindicator fires it's main gun you cannot shoot the HK anyway.
I might also suggest dropping one of the Scout squads and get either 2 rhinos for both Tac squads or get one razorback with a las/plas, TLLC, or TLAC.

Marneus Calgar 11-19-10 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orochi (Post 791666)
640 points of your 1500 point army in one game winning unit?

EDIT:
and is it still a green idea to put Plasma in Lascannon squads?

I guess it's not a brilliant idea.. But still, means there is some good anti MeQ.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzleydill (Post 791799)
take the hunker-killer missles off the vindicators and get a ML in the scouts squads. More str 8 shots

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Pestilice (Post 791835)
I agree with Izzy, those HK missles need to go. If the Vindicator fires it's main gun you cannot shoot the HK anyway.
I might also suggest dropping one of the Scout squads and get either 2 rhinos for both Tac squads or get one razorback with a las/plas, TLLC, or TLAC.

Yeah, this is true, I shall write a new list up in a bit..