Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Fluff (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/18-40k-fluff/)
-   -   Technology (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-fluff/7555-technology.html)

mohare6 03-24-08 01:30 AM

Technology

Who's more advanced technologically, eldar or tau? Not in terms of game rules or anything but in fluff.

Jacobite 03-24-08 01:54 AM

I would have to say Tau. There tech is advancing at such a rate that if it isn't more advanced right this second then by the time you read...

... this, then it will be.

Whats more Eldar tech is based more on spirits stones than anything else so theres a limit on what can be done with it. Tau tech doesn't rely on any one particuler thing so they use anything they can get there hands on.

Dirge Eterna 03-24-08 02:06 AM

Tau is tech, Eldar is magic.

Plus, Eldar stuff is antiquated. It says so in my The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer

-Dirge

RobouteGuilliman 03-24-08 02:16 AM

I would say it is hard to compare considering The Tau is a relatively new race and the Eldar is virtually extinct. Personally, if I had to compare the two technologically as of right now, I would say Eldar. They conquered the galaxy and owned the stars, and they still possess the technology that contributed to that.

G_Morgan 03-26-08 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobouteGuilliman (Post 83949)
I would say it is hard to compare considering The Tau is a relatively new race and the Eldar is virtually extinct. Personally, if I had to compare the two technologically as of right now, I would say Eldar. They conquered the galaxy and owned the stars, and they still possess the technology that contributed to that.

Not sure if that's true. I'm sure I've read that the Eldar have forgotten how plenty of technology works. It's just they have a valid excuse unlike the Imperium that has practically done everything in it's power to forget.

The Tau are behind the Eldar and will be for some time. Eldar technology manipulates the warp and only one race has managed to surpass them technologically by means purely of the materium.

FarseerNo3 03-26-08 08:40 PM

Eldar, if Eldar rebuild they will be so powerfull

Desolatemm 03-27-08 12:23 AM

Hmmm..... lets see here..... The Eldar have warp technology. Oops, did they just win the battle? Seriously, the Tau have nothing that compares to the power of the warp. Tau have awesome suits with cammle toed pilots, the Eldar have awesome suits with x-conehead spirits as pilots. We have mastered the art of crystaline lasers and plasma weaponry. On the other hand, Tau do have a better understanding of "programming". by that I mean they have bomb targeting capabilities and pin-point accuracy. Their skimmers still have the occasional problem of crashing, at least more than the good 'ol Falcons :biggrin:. I think there is a huge difference in the TYPE of technology they both excel in. The Tau are good with "programming" and are really tech. support styled. The Eldar are good with break-through, "no other race can touch this scientific feat" type technology (more scientific). When it comes down to it, Eldar still win in my books

Mark one win for the cone heads!
Mark one loss for the cammle toes!

Hm, how hard is this Eldar "super psycher" stuff? Let me give mind war a try. VOTE FOR ELDAR OR I WILL RIP YOUR BIG TOE OFF......:angry:

Did it work?

DrakeBluedragon 03-27-08 01:12 AM

It`s not exacly a fair compairisin seeing as most of eldar realies on psycic energy and well the tau lack any form of psy... But in terms of anti-grav they win, beeing the only tech that i can think of that doesnt rely on psy :P. Though tau do have better computers!

Desolatemm 03-27-08 02:37 AM

The Eldar do not rely on psych for anti-gravity. The sprirt stones do nothing but help pilot. The spirit within doesnt make the thing fly, they require jet engines just like everyone else :biggrin:. I think the Eldar surpass the Tau with their holo-fields and vecotred ENGINES. But for real, the Tau marker lighting is primitive by concept, but still totally bad ass.

Pariah Mk.231 03-27-08 10:23 AM

Tau don't even come close to Eldar tech. Just look at the weaponry. The pinnacle of Tau firepower is the railgun (hyper-accelerated magnetic propulsion) ... the Eldar use this for their basic weapon that just about everyone gets: Shurikan weaponry.
Wraithcannons/Distort-Cannons open a stable warp-hole that will completely obliterate anything it hits. Tau get headaches trying to comprehend that the Warp even exists.
Eldar armour responds to impacts and re-inforces the area hit. Tau armour is still just solid material.

EDIT:

Just to add to what I said, the Dark Eldar have an even better grasp of technology then Craftworld Eldar. Their vehicles and weapons all utilise their technology on a far more sophisticated level.