Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/29-off-topic/)
-   -   The banhammer! (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/off-topic/71613-banhammer.html)

crisissuitguy 09-22-10 05:12 AM

The banhammer!

Perma-ban is so hard to get to at GW. How do people do it? Post stories of bans for all to enjoy! :grin:

Some kid at the L.A. Bunker would always come every sunday and be the most stereotypical kid ever. He would walk around touching peoples models in mid-game and like pick them up looking at it. Until, one day he decides to ruin my sentinel and a kid's nicely painted deamon prince. So we both specifically say not to touch our models about 5 times at least. But suprisingly enough after a quick trip to the bathroom guess whats on the floor shattered into every peice. My sentinel and his deamon prince. That day the kid was never allowed back in there.

And my best friends bro tried to steal a model at bazaar bazaar one day and was also perma-banned

darklove 09-22-10 08:12 AM

Apart from obvious things like that there are also sudo-perma-bans. Basically, if someone is such a total 'that C word that I'm not sure I'm allowed to use on the forum' that everyone refuses to play them, ever. I have only known maybe one or two people like that, but most gamers in my area are quite serious rules players, even though it is a relaxed atmosphere - anyone being an open cheat just won't get games any more.

Putch. 09-22-10 08:14 AM

Pretty much what Darklove said, or just people being jerks in general, starting fights, mouthing off things that get you banned anywhere, I saw a guy get banned because he (while one staff member was on break, and another in depth into a tutorial game) Sold items to a new customer, right into his pocket.

Unforgiven302 09-22-10 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darklove (Post 735559)
'that C word that I'm not sure I'm allowed to use on the forum'

The "C word" is Jez's favorite four letters in the English language! He throws it around like a pedophile does candy!

Seriously though, if a person gets banned from a store, it is usually for a good reason and a welcomed action. I haven't seen anyone be bad enough to get thrown out of a gaming store, (yet) as everyone I have ever met has been really cool.

On a side note, if a little nose goblin ever touched my stuff without permission I would smack his little grubby paws with one of my red measuring sticks. I call them my "whippy sticks" for a reason...:blackeye:

Captain Galus 09-22-10 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unforgiven302 (Post 735566)
On a side note, if a little nose goblin ever touched my stuff without permission I would smack his little grubby paws with one of my red measuring sticks. I call them my "whippy sticks" for a reason...:blackeye:

"Measuring sticks?" I thought they were explicitly for keeping kids from smashing your stuff. Now that you mention it, I do see some numbers on the side...:crazy:

Doelago 09-22-10 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unforgiven302 (Post 735566)
The "C word" is Jez's favorite four letters in the English language! He throws it around like a pedophile does candy!

That is so true that you just have to get repped for it!

OpTi 09-22-10 05:32 PM

Saw a guy steal some stuff right off the shelves, he ran off but the staff memeber couldn't chase cuz he was only one there so he called the police. The shoplifter came back 20 mins later wearing a different jacket walked right into the shop with 2 police standing by the door.

He got a temp ban from society as he was wanted for a string of other offences XD.

KahRyez 09-22-10 07:54 PM

Ehh, at our store we have a pretty laid back crew. We mostly have an unspoken rule about touching the beautifully painted models, and we have only one kid that has a habit of picking up the models, but since his dad is a player as well, he knows to be careful and ask to see them.

The closet I've seen someone being banned was someone pissing the owner off badly. And even then it was a temp ban and the silent treatment >.>

LordWaffles 09-22-10 08:19 PM

We had a dude in NC who got perma banned from every store in the district because he was such a bag of fuck.

Seriously he was everything wrong with the hobby, cheater, jerk, beardy, you name it, that was him.

mynameisgrax 09-22-10 08:49 PM

I know a little girl that genuinely believes the 'c-word' everyone keeps referring to is 'crap'.

It's amazing how difficult it is to get banned at the local store I play at. I've seen grown men throw screaming tantrums, another throw dice at an opponent's head, and more cheaters than I can remember. Regardless, the only ones to ever get permanently banned are the thieves.

Well, they asked my friend John Blake not to play in the official tournaments, but mainly because he won too much, and less people would come to the tournament if they knew he was playing.

He is literally the best player I know though, and plays Ultramarines, Chaos Marines, and Blood Angels. He's gone to the Ard boyz nationals at least twice, and has placed in the top 10 both times. He's a really nice guy though. If you're not a very experienced player, however, he will table you by turn 3.