Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   Monster dice from Maow Miniatures (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/71569-monster-dice-maow-miniatures.html)

tu_shan82 09-21-10 04:19 PM

Monster dice from Maow Miniatures

2 Attachment(s)
I found these cool dice by Maow Miniatures in my travels of the world wide web and just had to share them with my fellow Heretics as I think they are super cool looking. All the devils' heads of are sculpted in the 6″ (face).

GrizBe 09-21-10 05:03 PM

Cool, but defiantely biased towards rolling 6's since that'll be the lightest side given how they're carved out.

tu_shan82 09-21-10 05:20 PM

Didn't think about that, I wouldn't feel right using them given the unfair advantage that you've just pointed out, so I probably won't end up getting a set after all. Oh well.

GrizBe 09-21-10 05:25 PM

Yeah, its a shame, otherwise i'd get a set too.

Stella Cadente 09-21-10 06:27 PM

I'd assume there more for display than play anyway.

fett14622 09-21-10 07:00 PM

Very cool looking.

Wolf_Lord_Skoll 09-22-10 04:36 AM

They should have made the head out of metal or something to balance it out.

KhainiteAssassin 09-22-10 05:06 AM

to be honest it depends on IF the 6 head is actually the lightest side in reality, since they only need to make sure that the 1 side isnt too much heavier for it to balance out more

For example, having it all hallow inside and have the demon head weigh about the same as the face, it wouldnt weaken the dyes weight too much

Varakir 09-22-10 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KhainiteAssassin (Post 735503)
to be honest it depends on IF the 6 head is actually the lightest side in reality

Aye, they should really indicate whether they are balanced or not, as it's obviously going to be a concern. I had a look around and whilst most people agree they aren't balanced, there's no definite answer.

(I did find a few other sets, they all look pretty cool)

I'm inclined to agree with Stella that they are meant as a display item seeing as they come unpainted.

Wolf_Lord_Skoll 09-22-10 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Varakir (Post 735544)
Aye, they should really indicate whether they are balanced or not, as it's obviously going to be a concern. I had a look around and whilst most people agree they aren't balanced, there's no definite answer.

(I did find a few other sets, they all look pretty cool)

I'm inclined to agree with Stella that they are meant as a display item seeing as they come unpainted.

Or maybe the company didn't think ahead :P

Really, without them saying something one way or the other, we won't be able to work it out ;)