Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/29-off-topic/)
-   -   The Bermuda Triangle (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/off-topic/70586-bermuda-triangle.html)

ckcrawford 09-07-10 09:51 PM

The Bermuda Triangle

Wanted to hear any crazy ideas about what people though about the Bermuda Triangle. And please don't party poop about the weather conditions making the ships and planes dissapear.

I always liked the idea that the Bermuda Triangle was the territory of the lost civilization of Atlantis. But thats my favorite theory.

I know in warhammer fantasy they make that territory the home of the eldar, which is quite a good idea for the fluff. Not sure about anything of that being in 40k but if there please let me know.

Cocakoala 09-07-10 10:08 PM

I met a girl from bermuda the other day. Shes very tired of people asking dumbly "what like the triangle?"

I think its cooler to be just left as something unknown, allthough I like the idea of an area of ocean with alot of very large hostile flying and swimming creatures in it.

If only our world actually had somewhere as interesting as the bermuda triangle is made up to be.

Unforgiven302 09-08-10 03:39 AM

I like the methane hydrates theory.

Loss or water and air craft in the "triangle" is theorized to occur due to pockets of methane gas. The gas builds up due to the decomposition of organic materials on and below the ocean floor or from large natural occurring pockets deep within the earth. When the gas is released it causes giant methane clouds that bubble up through the water. When a ship goes through this methane bubble field the displacement of the ship is affected and the ship can sink. When the gas goes into the atmosphere (methane is lighter than air) it can cause an airplanes engines to stall, it will also cause a loss of lift due to methane being thinner than air. The methane can also render humans unconscious and the plane will crash due to multiple issues. Most plane crashes in the triangle are low altitude piston engine types without a pressurized cabin so the methane will affect them far worse than a high altitude jet aircraft that will not be affected because of a pressurized cabin, turbine engine and the gas being dispersed at a higher altitude.

The other theory is people cannot read airplane instrumentation correctly because they are stupid idiots. They crash because a human being is in the equation. Same goes for boats, the human factor.

ghazghkull-killyork 09-08-10 03:59 AM

did you know the bermuda triangle was the bermuda square untill chuck norris round house kicked one of the corners off :)

ROT 09-08-10 06:11 AM

All the un-wished wishes go to the Bermuda Triangle.

:biggrin:

Commissar Ploss 09-08-10 07:01 AM

it's the damn underwater aliens. they've got a base down there. and have human-repellents in place to keep us from finding it. like Hogwarts. lol :P

WarlordKaptainGrishnak 09-08-10 07:12 AM

It's also where Osama Bin Laden is hiding, it has a good natural defence system (it worked for the Atlantians when they where there), paired with the Atlantian tech there, it's the perfect place for the world's most wanted man to hide, plus it probably holds the secret to youth, so Osama's gonna take over the world.

(wonder if hiding in Atlantis would get him disqualified and make him lose his Hide-And-Seek Champion-Of-The-World title :scratchhead:)

Grish

Angel of Blood 09-08-10 11:02 AM

Its not a very good triangle if u look at it mind lol

jaws900 09-08-10 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckcrawford (Post 722976)
Wanted to hear any crazy ideas about what people though about the Bermuda Triangle. And please don't party poop about the weather conditions making the ships and planes dissapear.

I always liked the idea that the Bermuda Triangle was the territory of the lost civilization of Atlantis. But thats my favorite theory.

I know in warhammer fantasy they make that territory the home of the eldar, which is quite a good idea for the fluff. Not sure about anything of that being in 40k but if there please let me know.

Atalintis was a Greek/Roman legand....why the hell would it be Bermuda...as place they didn't even know about?

hippypancake 09-08-10 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaws900 (Post 723519)
Atalintis was a Greek/Roman legand....why the hell would it be Bermuda...as place they didn't even know about?

just because man, just because