Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Rules Discussion (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/17-40k-rules-discussion/)
-   -   XV8 crisis battle suit question (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-rules-discussion/69014-xv8-crisis-battle-suit-question.html)

aboytervigon 08-17-10 11:11 PM

XV8 crisis battle suit question

i was looking at the rule book and found something. the tau crisis battlesuit allows a unit to move and fire rapid fire weapons but it says at page 52 under jetpacks

"Models with jet packs have the 'relentless' special rule"

which means they can move and fire heavy weapons and move and fire rapid fire weapons

is this true or am i just misinterpreting the rules

Deathscythe4722 08-17-10 11:24 PM

I may be wrong, but i believe rules in a Codex always supercede a Universal rule, so a Crisis Battlesuit would not be able to move and fire Heavy Weapons.

Underground Heretic 08-17-10 11:26 PM

Deathscythe is correct in that Codex supersedes BRB, but XV-8s can't access any heavy weapons, so it doesn't really matter. XV-88s get the shaft as infantry.

aboytervigon 08-17-10 11:30 PM

but where does it say that it overides its relentless

Underground Heretic 08-17-10 11:32 PM

The BRB says that when the codex specifies something it over rides the BRB, so relentless for rapid fire overrides straight relentless. Wish I could give you a page number.

Stephen_Newman 08-17-10 11:40 PM

Haven't you wondered why some tau commanders take ASS for the broadsides (I would not as I would go for targeting array)

reasnd 08-17-10 11:45 PM

p.27 T'au codex. "... This ability does not extend to Heavy weapons, and the user must be stationary to use them."

chromedog 08-18-10 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen_Newman (Post 704093)
Haven't you wondered why some tau commanders take ASS for the broadsides (I would not as I would go for targeting array)

Broadsides DON'T have jetpacks anyway.
If you want to move and fire with them, you need the ASS.

aboytervigon 08-18-10 12:26 PM

but does this extend to stealth suits do they get relentless

Stella Cadente 08-18-10 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aboytervigon (Post 704422)
but does this extend to stealth suits do they get relentless

if anything has jet packs they get any special rules relating to jet packs from the Tau codex, not the main rulebook, as the codex overrides the rulebook.

so unless jet packs in the Tau codex say they get relentless (doubtful since its older) then no, they do not get relentless, but then again they have no heavy weapons or rapid fire weapons, so it matters very little