Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Fluff (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/18-40k-fluff/)
-   -   Random Questions (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-fluff/67895-random-questions.html)

Androxine Vortex 08-02-10 08:27 PM

Random Questions

Do you have any questions that don't really seem to fit any other threads and feel it wouldn't be worth making a new one just for it? I thought it would be neat to make this thread for everybody so I'll start off...

How long does it aprox take to become a space marine? This includes everything from after being selected until being part ov a chapter. And also, how long do techmarines have to train on Mars?

gauntsghost025 08-02-10 08:54 PM

over 9000 days

DonFer 08-02-10 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gauntsghost025 (Post 691557)
over 9000 days

That was the answer to which question? :biggrin:

I have one: What would happen if the Navigator Clans rebelled to the imperium? They are the only ones with the mutation, and the "eliminate the infidels" tactic used by the Inquisition would not work in this case..., what do you reckon?

Barnster 08-02-10 10:20 PM

The navigators get the best of the best they are all treated as royalty, they would never rebel en mass

Baron Spikey 08-02-10 10:55 PM

And since their power base is on Terra they'd be exterminated pretty damn quickly, or physically forced to serve the Imperium as slaves in short order.

13illfred 08-03-10 01:19 AM

I have two:
What is the rate of fire for a standard bolter?

and

I've read about the depleted uranium and what not in the bolter ammunition detonating after penetration and ive also heard bolter ammunition referred to as mini nukes.. Do they full on explode or is it more of a subtle thing?

gauntsghost025 08-03-10 01:27 AM

I don't think the explosion is as powerful as a nuke, but powerful enough to pulp your innards. Like a small grenade going off inside your chest. If your small enough it may blow you up.

normtheunsavoury 08-03-10 01:28 AM

Yep, as far as I am aware Bolter ammo is explosive.
I can't point to any definate source but I'm sure I read it in lots of different places that bolter ammunition explodes after penetrating whatever it's been fired at.
Making a bit of a mess.

13illfred 08-03-10 01:30 AM

cheers :grin:

ThatOtherGuy 08-03-10 02:07 AM

How strong and tough is power armor? I keep hearing stories that it can shrug off a ton of crap, making it look indestructible, but then I hear that a f-ing shuriken pistol can punch a hole in it.