Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Cosplay, L.A.R.P & Re-Enactment (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/217-cosplay-l-r-p-re-enactment/)
-   -   attention costume makers (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/cosplay-l-r-p-re-enactment/67391-attention-costume-makers.html)

Graxion Magda 07-26-10 07:47 AM

attention costume makers

hey everyone, as you probably already know I am new to this site

and I am looking for someone who can commission me a space marine power armor costume for a reasonable price

so if you can make power armour or know of someone or a site or something then please pm me or reply on this thread

appreciate it :)

Whizzwang 07-26-10 07:58 AM

Hmmm. I used to LARP with a guy who had a LARP-safe version of THIS made for himself. cost him a shitload though.

Horgh 07-26-10 01:57 PM

First off, what do you consider a 'reasonable price'?
Secondly, you'd need to specify your amour. What kind of helmet, weapon, armour, etc.
Third, your dimensions. Some people can pull off a space marine look, others really can't. If you are porky and 5"2, forget it.

Graxion Magda 07-26-10 06:56 PM

@whizzwang: not really looking to do anything THAT huge, just something like a regular astartes soldier or line officer, probably a blood angel I havent reall decided yet

@Horgh: well no one can truly pull off an actual space marine since not everone is over 7 foot and built like brick houses. so your statement is completely redundant, plus I am 5,10

Horgh 07-26-10 07:08 PM

You're an idiot, but alright, good luck without help.

Broguts 07-26-10 07:11 PM

Horgh!

Leave the insults to the professionals!

Graxion Magda 07-26-10 07:29 PM

you could have at least been a bit more pleasant by saying "how tall are you?" and stuff like that but no u decided to be an ass about it

rodmillard 07-26-10 11:03 PM

I know a fair few LARP costumiers/weapon makers, and what you're talking about is certainly possible but is coing to cost ££££.

The Best people to talk to are Mandala Studios who do a lot of theatrical props/sets as well as custom LARP kit. They're a really cool bunch of guys, and if you give them a budget they'll be honest with you about how long it will take and what they can do for the money (not going to badmouth any other companies, but custom kit projects are like any other building project - liable to be finished weeks late and way over budget)

Graxion Magda 07-27-10 06:36 AM

kk thanx dude, I'll check them out

el_gringo_dado 07-27-10 02:06 PM

I'll be honest with you for I am one of the people who makes a SM armor. The only way to buy one is to order one. Nobody, trust me, nobody will sell you the armor which is already done, it's to much work, money and pride.