Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   General Warhammer (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/24-general-warhammer/)
-   -   Rulebook errata / FAQ (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/general-warhammer/67193-rulebook-errata-faq.html)

Whizzwang 07-23-10 04:50 PM

Rulebook errata / FAQ

Masked Jackal 07-23-10 05:30 PM

Interesting tidbit from there. If you roll 2 6's on Winds of Magic, play Dark Elves and have a sorceress with the sacrificial dagger, you can apparently use 13 power dice! :laugh:

Dave T Hobbit 07-23-10 05:34 PM

Snark.

The rule book has been out less than three weeks and they are already on their second Errata (including the errata they included with the book itself).

From a cursory glance they seem to have resolved some of the interesting questions i8th Edition posed

Khorothis 07-24-10 11:05 AM

Could someone explain the new Steadfast to me? I've no idea how it works anymore.

Tim/Steve 07-24-10 11:47 AM

If you have more ranks then any enemy in base contact with you (regardless of whichside they are in) then you are stubborn- you take no penalties for losing combat on your break test (but can have +ves like skaven's +Ld for ranks). The new stubborn means you can use either your own Ld or the general's without penalty.
Additionally you can now reform even if you lose combat but it requires a repeat of the break test with modifiers, which are ignored by steadfast units.

Durzod 07-25-10 08:17 AM

They clarified it so you take no minuses for combat res, but do for any other modifiers. People were saying that steadfast ignored ALL modifiers (such as the daemonic banner that makes everybody in range -2 LD).

@Dave: Yeah, barely 2 weeks old and they're on their second update. I'd rather have waited a bit to get a solid product, especially at the price!

Tim/Steve 07-25-10 10:19 AM

OMG Durzod you legend... I had read the FAQ and totally failed to realise that- they've made it just like 7th ed stubborn rather then ignore all penalties. Score, my skullmantle is still the best item in the ogre book (yay), gives me more of a chance against those insanely large block units (now if only I could bomb like daemons).

Khorothis 07-25-10 11:17 AM

Hmm... I need to make a doomtotem BSB... Maybe make it look like a baseball bat the size of a horse and write "GW'S NERFBAT" on it... yeah, that should do the trick... :laugh:

Cheese meister 07-25-10 01:47 PM

@ durzod 10 more for something double the size seems fair 2 me

Masked Jackal 07-25-10 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim/Steve (Post 685419)
OMG Durzod you legend... I had read the FAQ and totally failed to realise that- they've made it just like 7th ed stubborn rather then ignore all penalties. Score, my skullmantle is still the best item in the ogre book (yay), gives me more of a chance against those insanely large block units (now if only I could bomb like daemons).

Actually, this means that the Death lore is going to be perfect for breaking those large blocks. Snipe off the BSB, and then cast Doom and Darkness on them, and all of a sudden they're right back to crap leadership. Good call by GW.