Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   =][= Rumours Roundup : Dark Eldar - Released (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/65901-%3D%5D%5B%3D-rumours-roundup-dark-eldar-released.html)

DonFer 07-23-10 02:18 PM

You got that right, but it's been weeks since we don't get any "juice" about the =]I[=. I'm really starting to lose hope for a 2010 release...

ChaosRedCorsairLord 07-23-10 02:33 PM

I have been waiting a long time for this.

Bindi Baji 07-23-10 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonFer (Post 683984)
You got that right, but it's been weeks since we don't get any "juice" about the =]I[=. I'm really starting to lose hope for a 2010 release...

GK are january, DE are november

seeing as mad cow crazy has done shed loads (maybe even "two sheds" worth) of work on this DE thread it may be a good idea to keep the =]I[= chatter in the =]I[= thread

Masked Jackal 07-23-10 03:10 PM

I'm really looking forward to this, Dark Eldar are one of the worst races right now, with models, fluff, just about everything being so dated. I hope GW can bring them up to the level their brethren in Fantasy are at, so that I can have a race I look forward to playing in 40k. :)

SeerKarandras 08-03-10 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masked Jackal (Post 684013)
I'm really looking forward to this, Dark Eldar are one of the worst races right now, with models, fluff, just about everything being so dated. I hope GW can bring them up to the level their brethren in Fantasy are at, so that I can have a race I look forward to playing in 40k. :)

They are a little weak on fluff and the models are a bit dull, but as an army they are very strong. I have yet to loose with them. You just have to build it right and play to their strengths.

Once the new Codex is out though I will have to change my tactics completely. This is way overdue though. It is the oldest Codex and should have been done before now.

Since half the freakin codex's are Imperial in nature they can damn well wait.

stupid Mon-keigh :spiteful:

Khargoth 08-09-10 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeerKarandras (Post 691837)
They are a little weak on fluff and the models are a bit dull, but as an army they are very strong. I have yet to loose with them. You just have to build it right and play to their strengths.

Once the new Codex is out though I will have to change my tactics completely. This is way overdue though. It is the oldest Codex and should have been done before now.

Since half the freakin codex's are Imperial in nature they can damn well wait.

stupid Mon-keigh :spiteful:

Agreed. There's like six DE players around the world, but they all know what they're doing. More Imperial stuff can wait, I'm excited about DE mostly because hey, new minis, and I'm always on the hunt for bitz :spiteful:

GrizBe 08-13-10 05:39 PM

Just got pointed to this by a friend over on 40k Online:

Quote:

A confirmation of DE being released in autumn was posted by M'kachen's Nemesis.

Having just received the french Sci-Fi/Fantasy wargaming magazine Ravage I stumbled on this short line of text printed in italic in the GW news section:

"For Autumn, everyone should expect the new version of a sadistic, poisoning and cruel race who have been waiting for twelve years and 2 editions... The English Games Day at the end of September will be the event for an official announcement."

(Translated by me as to the best of my capacity.)

As for the validity of the source, Ravage is the only french Sci-Fi/Fantasy wargaming magazine besides White Dwarf but is nonetheless a magazine of high quality; and I know for a fact that GW holds "press conferences" to show off their new products as they had published photos of the one for Apocalypse so it's not unlikely for them to be warned in advance.

Although it is still the first time they do a "hint" such as this one.
Can't confirm it either, but it would seem stupid for a gaming magazine to post something like that without confirming it...

MadCowCrazy 08-13-10 07:23 PM

Could you please post the link to where I can read it or was it a private PM? I seriously doubt that though. Would GW really release such rumours/news to another magazine than their own?

GrizBe 08-13-10 08:32 PM

Just traced it back to DakkaDakka, though I snagged it from 40kOnline:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum...00207A906F8BF1

your master 08-14-10 02:02 PM

found this on a site called warmonger gameday http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...26tbs%3Disch:1
this is the best i could do of the picture go to the link for a better one
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/s...r/untitled.jpg

While we had a week full of warmachine tons of news cam in. Unfotunately we made the decision to not post on other games during WarmachineWeek. Although we had tons of fun, we have a lot to tell you guys. Dark Eldar rumors have busted down the dyke and they are flooding the internets! If past rumors are true then we will see Eldar not far behind. the first thing we will address is the picture that is above us. It is rumored that these guys will have a fall quarter release and all the models are completed for castings. The picture is supposedly someone hard at work on the new DE codex. I must say apperance looks as if it is so but then again someone could be really good with photoshop. It is also a good possability that we are looking at a fan cover. This apparently is a picture that has been availible for years, so we would still have a case of someone being really good with photoshop. We are also getting reports that this is all wrong and we should expect to see Grey Knights this fall. We also got some rumored details of the units fom Shadow Deth. I will leave you with his quote tell me what you think guys. Till next post Warmongers:

Quote Shadow Deth

Dicelikethunder's podcast from the other day stated that the book is done, the models need a 3 month lead (due out in Sept/Oct '10) time and claims they recieved an email from a playtester detailing some of the new rules.

Reavers being able to drag a model away with their chains from a hit and run on a failed save, and then bomb it (strength 4 small blast) on a unit it passes over with it's next 24 inch move - causing them to go to ground if they take a wound.

Talos being a walker "of sorts", recieving a -3 for glances and a -2 for pens?

A Haemonculi character upgrade dominating run down units (presumably taking control of the unit instead of destroying it), and that the book was deemed too weak and was initially sent back to have it's power upped.

Honestly, even I'm skeptical but I'm just repeating rumors some of you may not have heard. You can find their podcast and listen for yourself for the full sections.

all very interesting wander if its true