Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   =][= Rumours Roundup : Dark Eldar - Released (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/65901-%3D%5D%5B%3D-rumours-roundup-dark-eldar-released.html)

Winterous 10-17-10 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingOfCheese (Post 759064)
Weapons that SPECIFICALLY state that they ignore armour, or are strength double toughness.
This does NOT include AP-values.
The only AP values that ignore FNP is AP1 and AP2.

This.
Only attacks which NEVER allow Armour Saves, no matter what it is, negate FNP (except the double thing).

Wolf_Lord_Skoll 10-17-10 04:56 AM

Hmmm, I want 5 Beastmasters each with two Razorwing Flocks. 54 wounds that can dish out 60 I5 WS4 Rending attacks on the charge ^_^

EDIT: Now my turn for a question or two. Can Haemonculii/Ancient take a Phantasm Grenade Launcher? Also, can a standard Haemonculii take artefacts?

H0RRIDF0RM 10-17-10 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clever handle (Post 759014)
The pain tokens earned "in-game" by dark eldar units are split "randomly" between all units involved in the combat (this includes IC's). You do not get to choose who claims them.

No it states that you must try to divide them evenly.

Wolf_Lord_Skoll 10-17-10 11:26 AM

Oh, and I have a third question haha. What happens if a Beastmaster dies in his unit? Like, are the beasts he controls effected in any way?

Katie Drake 10-17-10 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf_Lord_Skoll (Post 759086)
Hmmm, I want 5 Beastmasters each with two Razorwing Flocks. 54 wounds that can dish out 60 I5 WS4 Rending attacks on the charge ^_^

EDIT: Now my turn for a question or two. Can Haemonculii/Ancient take a Phantasm Grenade Launcher? Also, can a standard Haemonculii take artefacts?

No and yes if by artifacts you mean Arcane Wargear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf_Lord_Skoll (Post 759251)
Oh, and I have a third question haha. What happens if a Beastmaster dies in his unit? Like, are the beasts he controls effected in any way?

No, though they all have very low Leadership, so they'll be driven off fairly easily.

Wolf_Lord_Skoll 10-17-10 12:52 PM

Shame about the Phantasm Launchers. Ah well. Here's a quick 1750 list I've been thinking about, it seems pretty solid for a Hybrid list. I don't plan on getting Dark Eldar, but I always like to have a fiddle with new Codicies to get the feel for them. What does everyone else think of the listi in general?

Haemonculus w/ Crucible of Malediction
Haemonculus

10x Warriors w/ 2x Dark Lances
Raider w/ Flicker Field and Enhanced Aethersail

10x Warriors w/ 2x Splinter Cannons
Raider w/ Flicker Field, Splinter Rack and Enhanced Aethersail

10x Warriors w/ 2x Splinter Cannons
Raider w/ Flicker Field, Splinter Rack and Enhanced Aethersail

8x Wracks

8x Wracks

5x Beastmasters
10x Voidwing Flocks

5x Beastmasters
10x Voidwing Flocks

Ravager w/ Flickerfield
Ravager w/ Flickerfield
Voidraven w/ Flickerfield and 4 Scattershard Missiles

ChaosRedCorsairLord 10-17-10 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf_Lord_Skoll (Post 759291)
10x Warriors w/ 2x Dark Lances
Raider w/ Flicker Field and Enhanced Aethersail

Isn't it 1 heavy weapon per 10 warriors? Chuck in a blaster instead.

Anyway, I'm gonna give all my raiders the ram and aethersail upgrade and just throw them at my enemy's vehicles at the start of the game (not literally), for the shear hilarity of it. Eat soggy cardboard spess mahreens!

MadCowCrazy 10-17-10 01:34 PM

About FNP and how awesome it is.

Lets use Wyches since they are likely to need it the most.

You assault 30 orks with 10 Wyches who have all 3 token upgrades (FNP, FC and Fearless).
Wyches
Attacks: 20
Hit Chance: 50%
Hits: 10
Wound Chance: 50%
Wounds: 5
Saved Wounds: 0.833
Unsaved Wounds: 4.167
Models Killed: 4.167

So you managed to kill 4 orks with 10 basic Wyches with 3 pain tokens. So 26 orks hit back.

Orks
Attacks: 78
Hit Chance: 50%
Hits: 39
Wound Chance: 66.67%
Wounds: 26
Saved Wounds: 13
Feel No Pain Saves: 6.5
Unsaved Wounds: 6.5
Models Killed: 6.5

So they kill 6 of your Wyches with 26 ork and you lose combat by 2 which means 2 fearless saves resulting in 1 more dead Wych. This leaves you with 3 Wyches still alive.

Its all down to the dice gods but as you can see statistically you should have survived the combat. Without FNP you would have died taking 13 wounds. So now those 26 remaining orks are stuck in combat in your opponents turn and will ofc win but this leaves them open to a shooting attack from you on your turn.

Winterous 10-17-10 01:41 PM

Madcow, you seem to have several things wrong there.
First of all, are Wyches only WS4??

The Wyches are assaulting the Orks, not the other way around.
The Wyches have 1 attack base, +1 for two weapons, and +1 for charging, so 30 attacks total, not 20.
You didn't factor in their pistols, which, well, I suppose they could have Fleeted.
And don't the Wyches have some crazy rules in CC?

The Orks, attacking back, only have Strength 3 when they don't charge, so they're wounding 50%, rather than 66%.

So basically, there should be 6.something dead Orks, and SIGNIFICANTLY fewer Wych casualties.

KingOfCheese 10-17-10 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winterous (Post 759322)
Madcow, you seem to have several things wrong there.
First of all, are Wyches only WS4??

The Wyches are assaulting the Orks, not the other way around.
The Wyches have 1 attack base, +1 for two weapons, and +1 for charging, so 30 attacks total, not 20.
You didn't factor in their pistols, which, well, I suppose they could have Fleeted.
And don't the Wyches have some crazy rules in CC?

The Orks, attacking back, only have Strength 3 when they don't charge, so they're wounding 50%, rather than 66%.

So basically, there should be 6.something dead Orks, and SIGNIFICANTLY fewer Wych casualties.

IF the Wyches get the charge.

And plus, working out mathhammer in a vacuum is always a bad idea.
There are so many other variables in the game that you have to take into account.

What if there is a bigger threat on the board?
What if their transport gets shot?
What if the Orks have a transport?
What if the Orks have FNP?
Take into account the Power Klaw too?