Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   General 40k (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/14-general-40k/)
-   -   Your favorite model/unit (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/general-40k/65688-your-favorite-model-unit.html)

Hurricane 07-02-10 09:07 PM

Your favorite model/unit

I can't believe this kind of thread hasn't appeared yet but what is your favorite model/unit? This can be for any reason be it tactical, painting potential, fluff, etc.

Grey Hunters Pack w/ Wolf Guard - All in a rhino with MotW, meltagun, standard, combi-melta, and power fist. This squad is my go-to jack of all trades and they never let me down.

Bjorn - Invincible dread with a plasma cannon that hardly ever misses? YES PLEASE! Plus the fluff for him is really cool.

Kharn - One of the best heroes for his point cost. If only he had eternal warrior or T5 he would top my list.

I technically have a lot of "favorites" but these are some that immediately come to mind.

Ravingbantha 07-02-10 09:17 PM

My favorite model out there is the Chaos Lord on the Juggernaught. Don't know why but I just love that model.

gen.ahab 07-02-10 10:04 PM

13 Attachment(s)
The wolf guard terminator pack. So much you can do with them, I love it.

Commander Aurellius 07-02-10 11:29 PM

IG Commissar, although not for gameplay.... Awesome fluff and asthetics

The_Inquisitor 07-02-10 11:33 PM

I'd have to say Dark Eldar Incubi......awesome models (shame they're posed a little statically) and in game they are killing machines!!

L.

nocturnalK 07-02-10 11:38 PM

The old school metal terminators are a big fave of mine:D.. plus in every game ive always had ether SM or Gk termies... they always win the day for me.

I like the old Lead SM dreads from the early/mid 90's lol, i still have one from 1995 in the box with all the parts untouched by any paint or glue at all :D

pariha 07-03-10 12:06 AM

my old metal deathwing terminators.. i think there 3rd ed, but im not sure :3

Lord Reevan 07-03-10 01:05 AM

My favorite unit is still is still my DC with chaplain attached. Back in the PDF codex I would only have 2-3 on the board, without the chaplain attached at this point, and they'd still wipe the floor with most things. 3 took out a carnifex, 2 zoanthropes, a hive tyrant and then died taking about 6 genestealers with them with the old codices.

I don't use them as much recently(tournament practicing at the moment) but in nearly every casual list I have they're in it.. they're crazier than berzerkers and more powerful it's great :)

scubamansam 07-03-10 01:10 AM

my favorite unit in my space marine army is a squad of cc termies 2 lc 3 th/ss amd a termie chaplain in a land raider redeemer they're my favorite because they're the best painted in my army and becuase they always dominate in every game i play i laugh at my friends crissis suits (cough *aka cheef 3*)ther plasmas rarely beat my 3+ inv save

Loki1416 07-03-10 02:21 AM

I cant pick just one! SM's just arnt for me, but yet I'll see one painted and I love it that I want to go out and buy one just to attempt that paint job. But I do like the Leman Russ tank. Think that's one model that I'm looking forward the most to painting right now.