Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/192-hobbit-lord-rings/)
-   -   Your favourite Battle In the Movies/Books (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/hobbit-lord-rings/62895-your-favourite-battle-movies-books.html)

Bane_of_Kings 05-22-10 06:08 PM

Your favourite Battle In the Movies/Books

I know this isn't part of the WotR or SBG games, but I was just curious. What's your favourite Battle?

Personally, mine's Osgiliath where the Orcs invade on their landing craft, and you have Farimir preparing behind pillars to rush out and meet 'em.... The stuff of legends. One of my favourite scenes in the three movies.

-BoK

Stella Cadente 05-22-10 06:12 PM

Movies: probably the battle where Boromir dies, can't recall the place off the top of my head, but thats easily my favourite

bobss 05-22-10 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stella Cadente (Post 637708)
Movies: probably the battle where Boromir dies, can't recall the place off the top of my head, but thats easily my favourite

When the Uruk-Hai ambush the breaking Fellowship at Amon-Hen. Yes, a good battle, especially some of the camera work within it, over the forest in autumn. Helms Deep, and the precision of the Elven bow-fire I also like...

Red Corsairs 05-22-10 07:44 PM

For me it's either the Ambush at Amon-Hen or the Battle of the Last Alliance at the start of the Fellowship of the Ring.

Stella Cadente 05-22-10 07:53 PM

ahh yes, the last alliance, just wish that had been longer

Red Corsairs 05-22-10 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stella Cadente (Post 637773)
ahh yes, the last alliance, just wish that had been longer

Couldn't agree more on that one!

bobss 05-22-10 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Corsairs (Post 637776)
Couldn't agree more on that one!

I just wish it had followed the campaign throughout Mordor, with the forces of Arnor and Gil`Galad attacking from Morannon, and that of Elendil`s younger son, from the Morgal Vale. But yes, fantastic battle.

deathbringer 05-22-10 09:27 PM

They should have done a first war film with the first war against sauron that would have been awesome.

For me though its always been helmsdeep i love the rohirrim so it was always going to be my choice

Red Corsairs 05-22-10 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathbringer (Post 637817)
They should have done a first war film with the first war against sauron that would have been awesome.

For me though its always been helmsdeep i love the rohirrim so it was always going to be my choice

You never know, they might do more films on the history of Middle-earth after the Hobbit is over and done with. I heard rumours somewhere that a Silmarillion film was in the pipeline for planning.

Whether it's true or not I don't know but either way it'll be a good few years before we here anything official if they do make more films.

HivefleetIngensus 05-22-10 11:17 PM

Personally, I love the Battle of the Pelennor fields. Especially the Rohirrim charge, I just loved that part.