Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   General 40k (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/14-general-40k/)
-   -   Cheap trick? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/general-40k/61683-cheap-trick.html)

Lucio 05-03-10 10:39 PM

Cheap trick?

I didn't do this intentionally but it caused my friend to completely forget about a devastator squad I had and I was wondering if this was considered to be a cheap trick. '

My army's primary color is black so I put the black devastators in a black building and I was standing behind it wearing a black shirt. thoughts?

Inquisitor Varrius 05-03-10 10:46 PM

Camo! I think it's both legal and clever. Go for it.

jimmy gunn 05-03-10 10:48 PM

this could be a good advert for specsavers.
i think its just bad luck on your opponents side, i wouldn't consider it a cheap move

hungryugolino 05-03-10 10:51 PM

So much for "camouflage is the colour of cowardice".
\:grin:

If you didn't do it on purpose, who cares?

Tim/Steve 05-03-10 10:57 PM

In my experience it isnt normally the opposition player that forgets about models in camoflage areas, its the owning player... this is particularly true when it comes to packing up the army at the end of the game- very easy to forget about units hiding in cover.

Katie Drake 05-03-10 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim/Steve (Post 625388)
In my experience it isnt normally the opposition player that forgets about models in camoflage areas, its the owning player... this is particularly true when it comes to packing up the army at the end of the game- very easy to forget about units hiding in cover.

Reminds me of the Scout Squad in Turn Signals on a Land Raider.

But yeah, I've managed to completely forget about enemy units (and my own) too, usually because they're underneath some sort of terrain.

Lucio 05-03-10 11:35 PM

lol, I guess its alright then :D I don't usually forget about my guys, part of their backpack is shiny but only really visible from the rear.

Camo is the color of cowardice but if the only ones to call you a coward are now a puddle of plasma there isnt a problem ;D

Inquisitor Varrius 05-03-10 11:39 PM

...bunkers. I always forget my lootas hiding there. :(

Quote:

Camo is the color of cowardice but if the only ones to call you a coward are now a puddle of plasma there isnt a problem ;D
Sigged.

Lord Reevan 05-04-10 01:35 AM

That's just an error on either players part. it happens to me all the time. I don't really find it a cheap trick.

ON the topic of cheap tricks however, Not trying to jack the thread or anything, just think it's relevant, If you have a 10 man space marine squad, say an assault squad, combat squad them but still run them pretty close to each other. Even though you did declare them as seperate units, said which ones were in which combat squad and all, if they're attacked only half of them get wounded. IS that cheap??

killmaimburn 05-04-10 01:59 AM

not cheap at all, as long as you delineate clearly which models are in which squad and don't try to slip models between squads. This is a highly valid tactic in objective games, and has its merits in KP games where said unit may wish to fire at two different targets or assault two different targets, although usually in a KP game it is best to keep units whole.