Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Chaos Marines Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/132-chaos-marines-army-lists/)
-   -   1500 Point Slaanesh CSM Army (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/chaos-marines-army-lists/60301-1500-point-slaanesh-csm-army.html)

Lust God Flunky 04-13-10 11:15 PM

1500 Point Slaanesh CSM Army

Variation 1 (Daemons! As suggested by an old CSM player I know)
Daemon Prince
Mark of Slaanesh
Lash of Submission
Wings

Chosen Marines x5
Icon of Slaanesh
Melta Gun x4
Powerfist x1
Plasma Pistol x1

Obliterators x3

Rhino x3
Dozer Blades x3

Noise Marines x10
Noise Champion
Power Weapon
Doom Siren
Personal Icon
Sonic Blaster x9

Noise Marines x10
Noise Champion
Power Weapon
Doom Siren
Personal Icon
Sonic Blaster x9

Summoned Daemons

Summoned Daemons

Total: 1480

Variation 2: (Moar Obliterators! As pushed for by folks on another forum)
Daemon Prince
Mark of Slaanesh
Lash of Submission
Wings

Chosen Marines x5
Icon of Slaanesh
Melta Gun x4
Powerfist x1

Obliterators x3

Obliterators x3

Rhino x3

Noise Marines x10
Noise Champion
Power Weapon
Doom Siren
Personal Icon
Sonic Blaster x9

Noise Marines x10
Noise Champion
Power Weapon
Doom Siren
Personal Icon
Sonic Blaster x9

Total: 1500

Sorry for the long post about this, but obviously, I'm not sure what I'm doing with CSM (there's way too many options). I used to play DE, but they were relatively straight forward in their troop and wargear selection. Obviously, I'm shooting for a Slaanesh themed army here, so I'm trying to shy away from the other deity-themed troops or daemons.
And the idea for the Chosen is to infiltrate them in the Rhino, do a little tank hunting and be a beacon for obliterators/lesser daemons (I mention this since it's come up a few times as to why I want the Chosen at all).
Really, any kind of feedback would be very much appriciated.

Kroldrup 04-14-10 04:24 AM

If those two lists are the choice i would go with 2.
And also why do you have personal icons in list two? whats gonna deepstrike?

Also i know its in theme, but why mark of slaanesh on the chosen? they dont need higher initiative for what they are supposed to do. Save those 20 points. Alongside the 10 from the personal icons that gives you 2 havoc launchers for the 2 noise marine rhinos.

Frederick Destroyer 04-14-10 05:03 AM

tell us what army you're going to be fighting against. Every army has a weakness that Chaos can exploit. Also, the lash is very good with the Oblits, and I'd choose three squads of two oblits if I were you, not 2 squads of three. You don't need squads of three to kill things, two should be enough.

b.anthracis 04-14-10 11:34 AM

To be honest, your NoiseMarine units look like they are targeting CC. But in this case 9 SB are a bit too much. You need some guys which you can remove as casualties before removing the expensive guys with SBs. And in my opinion when you use the doom siren and 9 SBs on a unit, it can happen that you inflict too much damage on this unit, so that you wipe them out in the following assault, leaving your unit standing in the open or that your opponent remove enough models so that you can't reach CC at all.

Lust God Flunky 04-14-10 02:16 PM

I'm pretty sure I'll be fighting mostly IG, SM and Orkz as that's what's been selling out at the only shop in the area that sells 40k, but I'm sure there are at least 2 Nid players as well. The Icon of Slaanesh on the Chosen was for deep striking the Obliterators in while tank hunting (same goes for the personal icons on the Noise Marines). While I'm on about the Chosen, should I throw plasma guns, meltas or a splash of both in there? As for Havoc launchers on the Rhinos...well, I was told that was a silly goose idea and they should probably go away.

About how many SB's should I have on the Noise Marines, actually? I assumed the more the better.

I'm also worried that I don't have enough bodies on the field, would a squad of regular Marines be suggested, or is the troop number okay?

Lust God Flunky 04-15-10 04:57 PM

Refined List
HQ
Daemon Prince
Mark of Slaanesh
Lash of Submission
Wings

Elite
Chosen Marines x5
Icon of Chaos Glory (Instead of Slaanesh? It's for the Obliterators)
Melta Gun x4
Power Weapon x1
Rhino Dedicated Transport

Troops
Noise Marines x10
Noise Champion
Power Weapon
Doom Siren
Personal Icon (Again for Obliterators, maybe)
Sonic Blaster x5
~ Havoc Launcher

Noise Marines x10
Noise Champion
Power Weapon
Doom Siren
Personal Icon
Sonic Blaster x5
~Havoc Launcher

Heavy Support
Obliterators x2
Obliterators x2
Obliterators x2

I don't have my codex with me at the moment, so I'm not too sure about total points at the moment, but here's the refined list. I'm also toying with the idea of dropping a squad of Obliterators for another Troop choice. But yeah, I think this list is almost finished! Thank you for your input and helping a returning newbie out some.

paolodistruggiuova 04-15-10 05:50 PM

i'd put another troop of 5 noise marines with blastmaster and rhino
drop 1or2 marines from the 10man squads
drop the power weapon on the chosen (or upgrade it to powerfist/melta gun)
drop the icons from troops, u want your obliterators on the board shooting from turn 1 (the icon on the chosen is probably worth it but it's personal)

something like this should come out

HQ
Daemon Prince
Mark of Slaanesh
Lash of Submission
Wings

Elite
Chosen Marines x5
Melta Gun x5

Troops
Noise Marines x5
Blastmaster x1
w Havoc launcher

Noise Marines x8
Noise Champion
Power Weapon
Doom Siren
Sonic Blaster x5

Noise Marines x8
Noise Champion
Power Weapon
Doom Siren
Sonic Blaster x5

Heavy Support
Obliterators x2
Obliterators x2
Obliterators x2

ur Havoc launcher/Blastmaster rhino stays back on your objective shooting like a mini basilisk, the rest is self explanatory

Lust God Flunky 04-29-10 07:54 PM

Sorry to drag this back up, but after pricing out the army, it seems that I can't justify the cost of 6 Obliterators to my current income. I can probably swing 4, but that would be pushing it. Anyway, I could use some suggestions on how to spend 150 points from 2 missing Obliterators or an alternate selection of units for the lot of them. I was thinking LR and Termies, but the Terminators seem to be, well, useless.

Please help!

Also, this list isn't for a tournament (yet) and just more to get a feel of the rules changes since last I've played and to get a feel for a new army.

Inquisitor Malaclypse 04-30-10 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lust God Flunky (Post 613143)
Refined List
HQ
Daemon Prince
Mark of Slaanesh
Lash of Submission
Wings

Elite
Chosen Marines x5
Icon of Chaos Glory (Instead of Slaanesh? It's for the Obliterators)
Melta Gun x4
Power Weapon x1

Troops
Noise Marines x10
Noise Champion
Power Weapon
Doom Siren
Personal Icon (Again for Obliterators, maybe)
Sonic Blaster x5
~ Havoc Launcher

Noise Marines x10
Noise Champion
Power Weapon
Doom Siren
Personal Icon
Sonic Blaster x5
~Havoc Launcher

Heavy Support
Obliterators x2
Obliterators x2
Obliterators x2

I don't have my codex with me at the moment, so I'm not too sure about total points at the moment, but here's the refined list. I'm also toying with the idea of dropping a squad of Obliterators for another Troop choice. But yeah, I think this list is almost finished! Thank you for your input and helping a returning newbie out some.

this list looks pretty good, stick with it. the only change i would make is to try to fit a PF on the NM Champs. i know it's counter intuitive to decrease a NM Champ I to a 1, but invariably you will end tied up by a MC or Dreadnought.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lust God Flunky (Post 622543)
Sorry to drag this back up, but after pricing out the army, it seems that I can't justify the cost of 6 Obliterators to my current income. I can probably swing 4, but that would be pushing it.

Bell of Lost Souls has a solution to that: they used a CSM termie box (comes with 5) and they made their own out of extra bits and green stuff. you don't even have to be that great of a sculptor to make this.

if you do pre-Heresy, you can use Techmarines with servo harnesses as counts as Oblits, and you'd be surprised how many of these your find on Ebay at discount. if you go this route, buy them even if they're painted. they're pewter so they're super easy to strip.

good hunting.

Lust God Flunky 04-30-10 06:29 PM

Thanks for the reassurance on the list and the tip on the oblits. I appriciate it!

Lust God Flunky 06-03-10 04:12 PM

I was playing around with this list again because I wasn't too satisfied with the previous one and this is what I managed to come up with:

Daemon Prince: 160pts
Mark of Slaanesh
Warptime
Wings

Chosen Marines x6: 178pts
Icon of Slaanesh
Melta Gun x5
Rhino Dedicated Transport: 45pts
Combi-Weapon

Noise Marines x6: 190pts
Noise Champion
~Power Weapon
~Doom Siren
Sonic Blaster x5
Rhino Dedicated Transport: 50pts
~Havoc Launcher

Noise Champion
~Power Weapon
~Doom Siren
Sonic Blaster x5
~Havoc Launcher

Noise Champion
~Power Weapon
~Doom Siren
Sonice Blaster x5
~Havoc Launcher

Obliterators x2: 150pts
Obliteratorsx2: 150pts

Total: 1403pts

It's fluffier (which was the goal), but I'm not sure what to do with the left over points. I was thinking of dropping a pair of obliterators and pick up a pair of Preds maybe? Another question I have is: What is the viability of a sorcerer on a bike, in a squad of bikes? Would that work, or should I just stick with the DP?