Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Fluff (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/18-40k-fluff/)
-   -   Would you submit? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-fluff/59665-would-you-submit.html)

Serpion5 04-05-10 10:11 AM

Would you submit?

Hypothetical.

1: If you had a choice between becoming a necron or simply dying what would you do?

2: Likewise, serve chaos or accept death?

3: Let the DE capture you or take the bullet?

4: Fight the tyranid to the finish or just end it?

For me, with little to lose, I would:

1: Submit. An eternity of gradually declining sanity fuelled by hatred is... I don`t know, but I would do it. I cannot die, and there is no punishment for failure. What`s to lose?

2: Die. Chaos will not simply let you fade if you fail. Better to be dead than damned, this was an easy choice for me.

3: Similar story to chaos, a death wish does not mean I want to suffer. I`d rather it be quick.

4: Fight. Let my last moments be a testament to my hatred for everything I have cause to regret.

Don`t answer if you don`t want to. I just have a morbid curiosity and was wondering how people would react in different scenarios of death and defeat. That`s why only those four races are up there, the rest fit in one way or another.

Kale Hellas 04-05-10 10:15 AM

1: If you had a choice between becoming a necron or simply dying what would you do?
die immortality is a fear of mine
chaosdon't know why i just would
bullet
fight to the last then blow up in a giant fiery explosion

Alexious 04-05-10 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpion5 (Post 605938)
Hypothetical.

Simply die...

Accept Death

Get Captured... I like pain...

To the end... XENO SCUM

For me, with little to lose, I would:

1: Submit. An eternity of gradually declining sanity fuelled by hatred is... I don`t know, but I would do it. I cannot die, and there is no punishment for failure. What`s to lose?

2: Die. Chaos will not simply let you fade if you fail. Better to be dead than damned, this was an easy choice for me.

3: Similar story to chaos, a death wish does not mean I want to suffer. I`d rather it be quick.

4: Fight. Let my last moments be a testament to my hatred for everything I have cause to regret.

Don`t answer if you don`t want to. I just have a morbid curiosity and was wondering how people would react in different scenarios of death and defeat. That`s why only those four races are up there, the rest fit in one way or another.

Of course, it does depend on some things.... how cute is this DE who captured me?

Serpion5 04-05-10 10:35 AM

Uhhh... Really really cute. Is it her you`re into or the pain?

Are you still keen if this DE is not female?

cranvill 04-05-10 06:14 PM

to be homest i dont think you would get a choice it as we are human not necreonic so we just get flayed.

death my ex wife got my soul as well as the house.

strap me up crack on.

cack my pants but fight as long as i could.

Sangus Bane 04-05-10 06:18 PM

Necron, and I'll dance the robot all day long... OMG that rhymes!!! :O

depends on the way I'll die, chaos has he tendency to make it long and very, very painful

definetly death! once the DE capture you your 'life' is over anyway.

Nids... hmmm can I get a big gun? cuz I'll fight those bugs!

darkreever 04-05-10 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpion5 (Post 605938)
Hypothetical.

1. Servitude without will for all eternity as a machine or death? Its essentially the same thing because I will no longer be me, just some metallic shell with a powerful gun unable to have free will or choice of my own. Death.

2. Here we go, maintain my free will but depending on which god, if any, favours me a corruption of my morals. I'd serve chaos, because evil is but a matter of perspective; freedom from pain, to know what will happen, to find limitless pleasure, to be tough or strong, to potentially become so much more than I am right now, to see things or go places I could never dream of normally. Sure why not.

3. No brainer here; if they are capturing you, its for endless torture that they can and will drag out for what will become an eternity regardless of how short it may turn out to be. I'll take the bullet.

-That being said, there is a short story in, I believe its Let the Galaxy Burn, where a commissar and some guardsmen are captured and brought to Commorragh. The guardsmen want to just kill themselves but the commissar inspires and leads them to escape, resist, and kill some Dark Eldar before they are all killed. Sometimes you can do more, no matter how little it may in fact be, in captivity than by simply rolling over and dieing.

4. Each and every 'nid killed may mean and do nothing, but if they are gonna kill me than might as well waste a bit of bio-mass in the process. You can do more, regardless of how little, by living for that much longer rather than just letting yourself die. Fight to the finish

gen.ahab 04-05-10 07:25 PM

13 Attachment(s)
1 I would kill as many necrons as I could before death took me. There is no point in living if I cannot feel alive so no point in becoming a necron.

#2 I would want to say that I would die before that but given the choice between life and death I would become a champion of the false gods.

#3 I would allow them to capture me but I would bring some sort of blunt force weapon. There is nothing more frightening to a frail xeno than being trapped in an enclosed space with a being swinging a large bat about its head with utter disregard for its own safety.

#4 Again, take down as many as possible before setting of the nuke. Lol

murdock129 04-05-10 07:49 PM

1. I'd die, becoming a Necron would be so torturous
2. Serve chaos, ok sure you'd be hunted by everyone in the Imperium but the rewards would be incredible
3. Die, being a DE slave would be worse than death
4. Fight to the finish, I mean chances are I'll die anyway, I may as well try and take some Tyranids with me

ElTanko 04-05-10 08:44 PM

1: would it make much difference, either you die and thats it, or you become a robot and lose your mind/freedom/personality, so you might as well be dead!

2: Chaos all the way, why not become uber evil and powerful!

3: Die, don't think anyone is sadistic enough to get tortured by those guys!

4: Go down fighting till the end, get hacked to pieces and spend the rest of eternity with the Emperor knowing you did the best you could!

ElTanko