Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Rules Discussion (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/17-40k-rules-discussion/)
-   -   Walker attacks (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-rules-discussion/58348-walker-attacks.html)

Blackheart_101 03-18-10 06:29 PM

Walker attacks

Hi, all. I'm fairly new to the hobby, and am still trying to get a grip on the rules. I have two questions about walkers:

1. If a walker has two close combat weapons in its wargear (eg. the new Deff Dread) does that mean that it gets an additional attack in close combat plus the attacks written in its profile, or is it just the default value with the two weapons included ?

2. When a walker moves to assault, does it get a +1 attack bonus for assaulting ?

Help would be very much appreciated.

Wraithian 03-18-10 06:33 PM

I can't speak about Deff Dreads, as I'm a chaos player, but I'll give you a general idea (hope you find it helpful).

If you have a dreadnought, it has a base attacks profile. If you give it an additional close combat arm (to replace the ranged heavy weapon), it indeed does get an extra attack.

Yes, you do receive the extra attack for the charge, also.

Blackheart_101 03-18-10 07:22 PM

Thank you very much, it is indeed very helpful. I guess it's the same thing for Deff Dreds. Three attacks by default, if you give it two more cc weapons, that would be five, and them another one for the charge, it comes out as max six attacks. Am I right ?

Wraithian 03-18-10 07:34 PM

Sounds about right. :)

Culler 03-18-10 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackheart_101 (Post 592846)
Thank you very much, it is indeed very helpful. I guess it's the same thing for Deff Dreds. Three attacks by default, if you give it two more cc weapons, that would be five, and them another one for the charge, it comes out as max six attacks. Am I right ?

Yes. Though if it wasn't FAQed to change it the deff dread with 2 extra DCCWs would have 7 attacks on the charge as worded.

Blackheart_101 03-19-10 11:40 AM

K guys, thnx very much.

relicmoss 03-19-10 01:04 PM

Surely if it has 3 base attacks, then giving it 2 CCWs (DCCWs) would increase its attacks to 4, not 5. You can't increase attacks by more than +1 by adding more CCWs.
Then it would have 5 on the charge.
Amirite?

FORTHELION 03-19-10 01:12 PM

Relic moss is correct.
3 bass attacks
1 for two close combat weapons
1 for charge

5 in total

Inquisitor Varrius 03-19-10 01:22 PM

Quote:

Wargear: 2 Dreadnought close combat weapons (each additional cc weapon adds +1 Attack to the Dread's Attack)
Ork Codex pg 102, Deff Dreads.

We're just special. :mrgreen:

DeathKlokk 03-19-10 02:26 PM

Actually you're not...

BRB pg73, box titled Dreadnought Close Combat Weapons, second to last sentence:

Quote:

If a walker is armed with two or more close combat weapons, it gains one bonus attack for each additional weapon over the first.

Inquisitor Varrius 03-19-10 02:42 PM

Ah well. It's still good to be green. :)

Just as a question, what other walkers have 3 or more limbs? I can't think of any in the SM lists, WH, or DH... who else has that many arms?

jesse 03-19-10 02:54 PM

Chaos space marines, and our wonderful Defilers

and souls grinders, but im not sure if you can give them extra weapons
they have lots of limbs though:grin:

Inquisitor Varrius 03-19-10 03:30 PM

You're right! Defilers can have three cc arms. I forgot about those, thanks for reminding me!

Aramoro 03-19-10 04:30 PM

Soul Grinders just have 2 DCCW and no upgrades. I assume the extra attack in in the profile for them but i'm not sure.

Aramoro

Masked Jackal 03-19-10 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inquisitor Varrius (Post 593516)
You're right! Defilers can have three cc arms. I forgot about those, thanks for reminding me!

Actually, I'm pretty sure they come with 2 or 3 base, then you can add 2 more on, for something like 6 attacks on the charge. Would be really nasty if they didn't die so quick. XD

DeathKlokk 03-20-10 03:02 AM

Three of them don't. Not with loads of other things hurtling at the enemy.

Defilers have 3A base and have two DCCW (in profile) and may add two more, giving them 5 base with 6 on the charge.

Ahhh, I gotta get my Legion of Brass out of the display case and do some dread bashing soon.

Masked Jackal 03-20-10 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathKlokk (Post 593986)
Three of them don't. Not with loads of other things hurtling at the enemy.

This is my luck here. ;)

DeathKlokk 03-20-10 10:10 AM

I have had plenty of games where they all 3 survive. Mostly because the player is a good one and kills the rhinos full of Berzerkers first.