Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Ork Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/138-ork-army-lists/)
-   -   Newbie - 1st List (2000 PTS) (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/ork-army-lists/55897-newbie-1st-list-2000-pts.html)

JDScherrey 02-09-10 11:44 PM

Newbie - 1st List (2000 PTS)

2000 PT – ORKS

This is my first list and my BoYz are BaD mOonZ. Our rides are gold plated (or at least well dusted) instead of copy cat red clones. So my vehicles aren’t red.

Big Mek rides with the Burna Boyz in the Armor Plated Battlewagon, Nobs have a dedicated Battlewagon and in the last I have 20 Slugga Boyz. The Burna Boyz burn and the other two chase people around with deff rollas.

The 20 Shootas are for holding my objective.

Kommandos are for striking a blow to artillery trying to stay in the back.

Let me know what you think. Looking to play some tournaments but not have a cheezy list. I don't look to win jut to have fun!!!

-Christopher

HQ

(1) WARBOSS (135)
- WARBIKE
- CYBORK
- POWER KLAW

(1) BIG MEK (85)
- KFF

ELITE

(6) ORK NOBS (400)
- WARBIKES
- PAINBOY
- BOSS POLE / PK
- PK
- 2 BIG CHOPPA
- CHOPPA
- CYBORK

(10) BURNA BOYZ (150)

(11) KOMMANDOS (200)
- BURNA
- SNIKROT

TROOPS

(10) ORK NOBS (475)
- PAINBOY
- BOSS POLE / PK
- PK
- 3 BIG CHOPPA
- 4 CHOPPA
- CYBORK

- BATTLEWAGON
- 2BIG SHOOTAS
- DEFF ROLLA
- GROT RIGGER

(20) SLUGGA BOYZ (160)
- NOB WITH BOSS POLE / PK

(20) SHOOTA BOYZ (160)
- NOB WITH BOSS POLE / PK

HEAVY SUPPORT

BATTLEWAGON (110)
- 2 BIG SHOOTA
- ARMOR PLATES

BATTLEWAGON (125)
- 2BIG SHOOTAS
- DEFF ROLLA
- GROT RIGGER

Culler 02-10-10 02:33 AM

Looks good, but you will be accused of fielding a cheesy list due to nob spam. ALSO, YOUR ARMY LIST IS IN ALL CAPS.

Kaizer 02-10-10 07:37 AM

I think your list looks fine. Many of you units look alot like my own, except Im not doing Nob bikers at the moment.

A single thing you have to change, but it aint really a problem. You bought a dedicated battlewagon for you troop nob biker unit, that is not alot, but you simply move it to the heavy support unit.

And maybe as a small note. To me the army is fast, everything either being mech or on bikes, which makes mobility one of you big str, and therefore I don't really think you need the kommandos. You got 2 units of nob bikers able to turboboost 24", your oppenents artillery won't be safe for long, so maybe skipping those and adding something else instead. Maybe some more gear for the nobs, just to make that wound allocation really good ;)

Peace out, have fun :)

- Kaizer

xClampy 02-10-10 08:28 AM

Nice list for a new Ork Player. Its different to my style of gaming, as I prefer to footslog it across the playing field. Having said that, I would probably drop the Kommando's and the Burnaz also. Id also look at binging in Lootas. I am a big fan of Lootas, the 48" D3 S7 attacks, makes for some great covering fire for your units. The range the Deffguns give is good enough to justify them in your team. I always like the idea of 30 S7 AP3 shots on a tactical squad from 4 feet away. Just a thought anyways.

JDScherrey 02-10-10 05:47 PM

The warbikes on the other 10 Nobs were a typo. I have corrected it.

-Christopher