Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Project Logs (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/35-project-logs/)
-   -   A Plastic Crack Addiction. SWs, Knights, DG, Necromunda, and more. (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/project-logs/53791-plastic-crack-addiction-sws-knights-dg-necromunda-more.html)

Midge913 02-05-12 09:58 PM

Wow! That Thunderwolf is huge in comparison. I think that the cloak would have looked better sitting underneath the back pack but other than that I think he is looking pretty spiffy. I completely agree about the axe swap on Grimnir, that one looks much more celtic looking and fits the motif of the Wolves much better man! Keep at 'em, comments seem to be slow on the forum for some reason, but people are still watching.

mcmuffin 02-05-12 10:03 PM

I think the new pads look better anyway, for the cloak, could i recommend maybe putting it in between the backpack and the body and seeing how that looks?

demon bringer 02-05-12 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist (Post 1155463)
I did a bit more on this chap, and realised the shoulder pads are a bit too big, so I decided to use normal ones. I also tried another backpack, but I'm not sure about the cloak.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...m/DSCF1465.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...m/DSCF1466.jpg

I also discovered I had mislaid Grimnar's axe head, so after a bit of rooting around, I came across an old model of Gotrek I never used, and after a bit of chopping, Grimnar has IMO a better looking axe than the original.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...m/DSCF1468.jpg

Any kind of feedback would be greatly appreciated. For some reason I haven't been getting a whole lot recently. The reason for the plog was to use the feedback as motivation to keep going.

i like grimnars axe mate. i don't like the wolf though. thats not any fault of yours i just have never been fond of this sculpt. also i think the cloak would look better under the back pack.

btw its been a while since i've been on your thread but the army is comming along nicely great work:ok:

Khorne's Fist 02-05-12 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midge913 (Post 1155482)
Keep at 'em, comments seem to be slow on the forum for some reason, but people are still watching.

Thanks Midge. I should have known you at least would be watching.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmuffin (Post 1155484)
I think the new pads look better anyway, for the cloak, could i recommend maybe putting it in between the backpack and the body and seeing how that looks?

I would if it wasn't glued on to the pack already. I'll probably just go with the old wolf head one instead. He might make my list for this Thursday if you're around, but it'll probably be the following week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by demon bringer (Post 1155490)
its been a while since i've been on your thread but the army is comming along nicely great work:ok:

Cheers mate. The painting challenge was a great help this year.

mcmuffin 02-05-12 10:31 PM

I will look forward to seeing him on the tabletop, he should do some serious smashing.

Jacobite 02-05-12 10:41 PM

That axe looks great. Really fits with the mini.

I can't really comment on the Thunder Cav - I'm against the whole idea of them.

I love your work on the LR - the skulls on the doors and engine look great as do the wolf heads. Can't wait to see it painted.

Skari 02-05-12 11:00 PM

Looking great. Keep it up.

Khorne's Fist 02-05-12 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmuffin (Post 1155506)
he should do some serious smashing.

He better, or I'm blaming you.:wink: I took your suggestion to give him the frost blade instead of a TH to keep his I5 in combat, and the storm shield because it's only 5 pts more than a Belt of Russ and gives the 3+ save.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacobite (Post 1155516)
I can't really comment on the Thunder Cav - I'm against the whole idea of them.

Thanks. I'm really happy with the LR, but other things keep jumping the queue to get painted, like the contemptor, and this fella. What do you not like about TWs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skari (Post 1155530)
Looking great. Keep it up.

Cheers.:victory:

Kreuger 02-06-12 01:50 AM

I'm digging the dread. I think he'll stand out in a really good way by being darker. The highlighting is good. I think the transfers all look nice and sharp. And the accent colors are all working really well - the wolftail transfer, the blood claw transfer, the purity seals, and of course the powerfist with the red fingers all look really good and break up the solid areas of color.

I think everything you have is good. I do have a few small criticisms and little suggestions for additions.

I think the studs on his armor plating need to get picked out in either a steel or a bronze color. I'm a stickler for painting studs and rivets. Which must come from 20 years of playing chaos. That little touch of detailing is what often makes a chaos marines look finished compared to one where it wasn't done.

The same goes for the semi-circle framing the top of the pilot's compartment. And the details of the joints could do with some bronze as well.

The twin linked autocannnons could really use some more colors and contrast. The rest of the model has a satisfying variation of colors and tones. The baffles and ejection slot could do with some more shading. The housing for the body of the weapon and the magazine all seems so . . . bland and monochromatic. The tanks could be darker (maybe tin bitz) and the rivets on the these guns need some love too.

All little details but they'll take this guy up another few notches.

Cheers,
Kreuger

Jacobite 02-06-12 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist (Post 1155548)
Thanks. I'm really happy with the LR, but other things keep jumping the queue to get painted, like the contemptor, and this fella. What do you not like about TWs?
Cheers.:victory:

They are just so... well obvious, lazy and infantile basically. Its an army called Space Wolves so I know lets put them on wolves that'll be cool! And because they are super humans the wolves need to be like uber big and stuff! It's the kind of thing that I thought was awesome when I was 12 (which is now their target market...)

Now I like the grim dark of 40k, you know the kind of 40k where a =I= goes to all the trouble of purging a planet of a chaos cult and then reaches the conclusion that the taint will always be there so he virus bombs it. Not the 40k where Astartes, already genetically modified killing machines ride wolves into battle. Sorry that's the Guards job, they have xenos mounts because they an't that cool nor powerful. You're a fucking Space Marine, you don't need to be made any more awesome.

But that's just me. I an't going to refuse to play against them. I'm just not going to field them.