Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Modelling and Painting (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/27-modelling-painting/)
-   -   Your army/armies (pics are encouraged!) (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/modelling-painting/5255-your-army-armies-pics-encouraged.html)

Damned Fist 02-06-08 03:17 AM

Paint or Die: Update

After a marathon painting session today I managed to complete my Devs. Add that to the scouts that I did on the weekend I now have only my HQ and a Whirlwind left. The problem that I am left with is that I need a day to finish converting the WW and another couple of days to paint it. That will leave 1 day to paint my Lysander Librarian. Thats NOT going to happen! So,... do I enter the tournament with my HQ not painted or do I substitute another Librarian that is painted but not equipped properly?
Help! what do I do?

Hespithe 02-06-08 03:30 AM

Have you given thought to a buddy system?

Ask a bud if he would not mind helping, provided he has a steady hand and is not unwilling to drop on the basecoats for your models while you work on the details.

Later, you can return the favor. It has worked successfully at the local 'Paint Nites'.

Damned Fist 02-06-08 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hespithe (Post 62459)
Have you given thought to a buddy system?

Ask a bud if he would not mind helping, provided he has a steady hand and is not unwilling to drop on the basecoats for your models while you work on the details.

Later, you can return the favor. It has worked successfully at the local 'Paint Nites'.

I like the idea, but for this particular figure (Lysander Librarian) I am hoping to enter it into this Games Day.

angels of fire 02-06-08 03:04 PM

Don't rush him just get a different not so important librarian and do him instead.

Damned Fist 02-07-08 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angels of fire (Post 62569)
Don't rush him just get a different not so important librarian and do him instead.

I have a regular SM librarian but in my list my Librarian is in Terminator armour. I don't know if anyone will give me a hassle for this in a tournament? If it's not a problem the I will use him.

The Son of Horus 02-07-08 03:13 AM

I imagine that'd matter in a tournament.

roricon 02-07-08 05:31 AM

Take both and use the terminator one if you're allowed, otherwise use the power armour one.

Darthlace 02-07-08 07:00 AM

I have a large army but as it is unpainted I have posted it under the projects thread

dred73 02-07-08 12:06 PM

well I so wish I could post my armies with pictures but alas I have no camera so if this changes in the near future I will post picks of my 2 greatest armies the dark angels witch is about give or take 9000 points and my tau witch is completely painted they are at about 2500 points the tau dont have the best paint job but the colors I picked mesh really well together and when I went to the last seattle GT I got alot of complaments so I guess I did alrite for a rush job but I hope in the future to have those up for you guys to see.

DeusMortemEst 02-07-08 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darthlace (Post 62863)
I have a large army but as it is unpainted I have posted it under the projects thread

Cool, I'll check it out.

*Opens a new tab*
*Goes to Heresy Online*
*Goes to the projects theread*
*Chekcs out your posts*

Ok... Hmm, that looks fairly decent, but I can't haelp to wonder... What's with all the different colours?