Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Modelling and Painting (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/27-modelling-painting/)
-   -   Your army/armies (pics are encouraged!) (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/modelling-painting/5255-your-army-armies-pics-encouraged.html)

Pandawithissues... 02-02-08 11:12 PM

I'm really enjoying the colour scheme on the tau infantry Wraith. Its a little unusual. Typically people paint the fatigues the neutral colour and the armour the bright colour.

Very interesting...

Siege 02-03-08 03:28 AM

Yeah Wraith those Tau look great, what kind of greens did you use on the battlesuits and piranhas? Are they GW paints or something else? Very inspiring.

Bishop120 02-03-08 05:58 AM

Man yall make me feel like such an amatuer... yall have some great armies / paint jobs.. Personally I just now got around to actually painting my armies.. I've been collecting for about 5 years now and have pretty much ignored the painting side of the hobby. I dont have any photos uploaded other than to the gallery here at HO so Im sorry for just having links to there pics.

Heres my Ultramarines Termies so far.. the rest of my army is still work in progress but I have most of the Tactical marines painted as well as my Company Champion and a few scouts. I have most of my Grey Knight Termies and a squad of regular Knights painted as well but I havent gotten around to uploading pics of them yet. Once all my stuff gets up here to Alaska from Louisiana I hope to start painting again and hopefully get my armies finished before to long. Any comments and criticism appreciated..

DeusMortemEst 02-03-08 01:47 PM

Hey, Bishop, that's not bad. You just shoudln't have stopped developing your painting skills. With whatever new army you are going to start with next, make sure to plan a colour scheme that is slightly more complex and challenging than your last one. I'm sure that you will quickly find yourself painting models so good looking that you'll be be totally amazed. Good luck!

inqusitor_me 02-03-08 02:31 PM

man wiat a few weeks and ill have my 85 marines lol done only 75 more

DeusMortemEst 02-03-08 03:48 PM

85 marines? wow, that's a lot. Personally, I've never managed to paint anything over 20...

chrisman 007 02-03-08 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusMortemEst (Post 61481)
85 marines? wow, that's a lot. Personally, I've never managed to paint anything over 20...

Then you'd be a load of rubbish at guard, my army got over 100 guardsmen :so_happy: (at the last count, some may have got nicked at short course:()

DeusMortemEst 02-03-08 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisman 007 (Post 61597)
Then you'd be a load of rubbish at guard, my army got over 100 guardsmen :so_happy: (at the last count, some may have got nicked at short course:()

That's a lot too, but they are in fact Imperial Guard, and that's a completely different matter. 75 massive iron nails weighs a lot more than 100 matchsticks, if you get the picture.

Damned Fist 02-04-08 04:22 AM

Paint or Die!

My son and I have entered a 1000pt. tournament at our local GW for this Saturday. When I made my list up I realized that I had a choice of playing a crummy list that is fully painted or making a competitive list with a number of models not yet completed. So, I opted for the competitive list and I am going to try like hell to get it painted by the weekend! Either way I will post a pic here by Friday to show you if I made it or not.:headbutt:

DeusMortemEst 02-04-08 03:15 PM

Cool, do that. And good luck in the tournament for you and your laddie!