Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Rules Discussion (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/17-40k-rules-discussion/)
-   -   Can you get a stat above 10? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-rules-discussion/5189-can-you-get-stat-above-10-a.html)

Culler 01-30-08 03:08 PM

Can you get a stat above 10?

Is it possible to have a stat be above 10? For instance, when an ork warboss with a power klaw charges, his base strength is doubled to 10 and then furious charge vies him 1 more, bringing it to 11. Theoretically.
Also, this is important for weirdboyz. With mob rule they can count the number of models in the unit that they're joined to as their Ld. For normal boyz this isn't a big deal, as once they hit 11 models they become fearless. However, it gives no cap on how high the leadership actually gets. So, in theory, a weirdboy in a mob of 30 other orks has a 31 leadership, automatically succeeding on all psychic tests, taking perils as usual except the power works on a 2 or a 12. He would laugh at psychic hoods and mind war would be unable to touch any boy in a big mob.

Thanks.

hawkwing 01-30-08 04:19 PM

I think its possible to have the high stat but I think the cap is 10 so that there is a chance of failure. However I may have missed something, Im re reading the rules at the moment.

If your right though my WAAAGGG will rock even more hehe

Steel Rain 01-30-08 04:24 PM

LD caps at 12. All other stats cap at 10.

Culler 01-30-08 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel Rain (Post 60078)
LD caps at 12. All other stats cap at 10.

Where does it say that?

squadiee 01-30-08 04:36 PM

it wouldn't work, mob rule doesn't increase your leadership, it alows you to ignore a failed ld test depending on how many Boyz there are in a squad. The Weirdboy still uses his normal Ld value, as it says in the psychic powers directory in the rulebook

Culler 01-30-08 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squadiee (Post 60093)
it wouldn't work, mob rule doesn't increase your leadership, it alows you to ignore a failed ld test depending on how many Boyz there are in a squad. The Weirdboy still uses his normal Ld value, as it says in the psychic powers directory in the rulebook

Quoted straight from the 4e ork codex: "Ork mobs may always choose to substitute the number of Orks in their mob for their normal leadership value. If an Ork mob numbers 11 or more models, it has the Fearless special rule".

So yeah, it does increase your leadership. Explicitly.

chrisman 007 01-30-08 05:32 PM

All stats cap at 10, though 12 counts as fearless

Culler 01-30-08 06:50 PM

So is the general consensus that the Ld caps at 12 and the strength at 10? They're both stats, why the difference?

dakari-mane 01-30-08 07:33 PM

BGB - P12 - Characteristics - 2nd paragraph.

Culler 01-30-08 07:44 PM

I see that, but does that only apply to base stats or to derived stats as well (like the warboss example)? Also, the mob rule specifically says that you can use the number of orks as the Ld instead and says nothing about a cap on this, and so may be a case of a specific rule overriding a general one.

Would a unit with tank hunters and a str 10 weapon be rolling 1d6+11?