Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   General 40k (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/14-general-40k/)
-   -   Dumb Rules (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/general-40k/50-dumb-rules.html)

Beaky 12-22-06 11:32 PM

Dumb Rules

Ok guys i've been thinking about the game recently wondering what's pathetic about it.

My main major gripe is the rediculous Tank Shock rules. How and why the hell can't you ram the shit out of people like in 2nd edition?

So what annoys you the most about the current rules set.

What would you like to be 'developed/changed' by GW to make the game more fun and realistic?

jigplums 12-22-06 11:33 PM

Movement. The way it works at the moment really doesnt sit right with me. Thats one aspect of 2nd edition i actually miss :cry:

Ravensoul 12-22-06 11:38 PM

Movement is definately high on my priorities for an overhaul.

Mostly i'd like to see more advance vehicle damage tables. Maybe a 2D6 chart with a few more effects.

Damaged tracks for 2" less move per turn for example.

DeathForce 12-23-06 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravensoul
Movement is definately high on my priorities for an overhaul.

Mostly i'd like to see more advance vehicle damage tables. Maybe a 2D6 chart with a few more effects.

Damaged tracks for 2" less move per turn for example.

I like this sort of suggestion.

sportman 12-23-06 02:42 PM

1) Twin-linked- O I have an extra shot but since I already hit, I'm not going to shoot it

2) Point-blank- There's a 20 foot carnifex in front of me that's two inches away. O crap, I missed my lascannon shot.

3) Two handed weapons- I have a bolt pistol that does the same damage as my power fist. Cool.

Many other things have problems, but I've learned to deal with it.

cccp 12-23-06 04:19 PM

you cant use a pistol 2 handed

FrozenOrb 12-23-06 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cccp_one
you cant use a pistol 2 handed

He's referring to the extra CCW giving a Power Fist etc an extra attack.

Here's a couple posts I made in the past regarding 40k problems:

Quote:

I've never been happy with how rend works on vehicles; and high toughness good save models - the Wraithlord being the best example.

Have it so that a rending 6 gives +1 to damage a vehicle, not a D6. This for example would mean a Terminator with Assault Cannon could only damage a Land Raider with the Tank Hunters skill. It would also make the missile option a little more desirable (especially if rend is also toned down versus non-vehicles). Fans of Daemonettes will cry foul that they can only harm 11 armour. Perhaps Demons could get an additional +1 versus vehicles. *shrug*

Also have it that a rend adds 2 to your strength for wounding versus non-vehicles, and the save is -2. So a rend from an Assault Cannon wounds a Wraithlord on a 4+ (instead of a 6) and the Wraithlord gets a save of 5+ (instead of 3+).
Quote:

One example I find silly is Space Marines with their great leadership and their And They Shall Know No Fear. If they fail a leadership test in CC and aren't outnumbered 2-1 it's like they passed. In other words if they aren't outnumbered, there's no point rolling the dice...

It should start at one save, then be, 2 for 2-1, 3 for 3-1, and 4 for 4-1. And it shouldn't stop at 4-1. It should go all the way up to 10-1.

Having to take 10 3+ saves because you are insanely outnumbered... where's the harm in that?

Lord Sinkoran 12-23-06 08:44 PM

I hate with a passion that you could field a imperial guard army with nothing but lascannons its so cheap and annoying, if i could change a rule it would be put a limit on how many you could have of a certain heavy weapon like 0-5 lascannons or 0-6 misslie launchers.

p.s. sorry if this sounded a bit ranty

cccp 12-23-06 09:24 PM

it does im afraid. the strengths of guard are its firepower, otherwise theyre crap. i would never take a guard list with more than 3 squad based lascannon, most of the time i go with missile launchers or heavy bolters, and replace the ML with an autocannon for horde armies
plus, having a limit on heavy weapons defeats the object of the fire support squads and other suchlike

Lord Sinkoran 12-23-06 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cccp_one
it does im afraid. the strengths of guard are its firepower, otherwise theyre crap. i would never take a guard list with more than 3 squad based lascannon, most of the time i go with missile launchers or heavy bolters, and replace the ML with an autocannon for horde armies
plus, having a limit on heavy weapons defeats the object of the fire support squads and other suchlike

very true but lascannon heavy armies still annoy me