Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Fluff (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/18-40k-fluff/)
-   -   the most powerful psykers? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-fluff/46964-most-powerful-psykers.html)

MontytheMighty 09-26-09 04:39 AM

the most powerful psykers?

Does anyone have a good idea of who were/are the most powerful psykers in the 40k universe out of all the races?

I can think of the following

The Emperor
http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs24/f/20...Noldofinve.jpg

Magnus the Red
http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs27/f/20...Noldofinve.jpg

Malcador
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki..._Sigillite.jpg

I'm guessing the rest are all Eldar?

Prince Endymion 09-26-09 07:34 AM

In order of power, I would say Its probably something like this

Emperor of Mankind (Even after the HH)
The Chaos Gods (In whatever order)
The Mighiest Eldar Farseers (Eldrad etc)
Magnus the Red
Malcador (But he's dead so it doesn't realy matter)
Tigurius
Ahriman
Mephiston

From here it realy breaks up IMO.

There is no solid fact to base this on, just fluff, and sinse GW isn't keen on keeping such a list, its unlikely we'll ever get a master list.

MontytheMighty 09-26-09 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Endymion (Post 486176)

Magnus the Red
Tigurius
Ahriman
Mephiston

There is no solid fact to base this on, just fluff, and sinse GW isn't keen on keeping such a list, its unlikely we'll ever get a master list.

interesting...it's rather odd that human shamans could pour their essence into the emperor, thereby creating a god-like being, and the Eldar never decided to do something similar...heck why doesn't the Imperium round up a couple thousand psykers and create get them to turn themselves into another emperor?

DeathTyrant 09-26-09 09:39 AM

Maybe that kind of ritual is unknown to them, ancient lost knowledge.

The Emperor did it tens of thousands of years ago, perhaps no one else knows how.

Child-of-the-Emperor 09-26-09 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Endymion (Post 486176)

Magnus the Red
Tigurius
Ahriman
Mephiston

It all depends on how you would rate Psykers yourself. I mean some Psykers strictly only have Farseeing and Scrying abilites whilst others might only have 'Laser beam'(!) powers.

Also you can't really count the Warp Gods as 'Psykers' to-be-honest. They are the stuff of Warp energy in itself, masters of the warp, and sustained by the material realm. But even if you did want to include them into such a list I wouldn't rate them as lower than the Emperor.

Anyway, that aside I think its a given that the Emperor is the most powerful Psyker in the galaxy (Warp Beings aside).

Out of the known Psykers I would suggest Magnus the Red trailing behind him a bit.

Following those two its a bit more complex than a simple list in my opinion. :)

killmaimburn 09-26-09 11:23 PM

Despite what may be in codices, and skipping over the Chaos Gods, I think its something like this.

God-Emperor of Mankind
Magnus the Red, Daemon Primarch of Tzeentch
-Insert other psychic primarchs here, but Magnus is the one most famed for his power-
Alpha-plus rogue psykers
Ahriman
Eldrad + various Eldar
Typhus
Tigurius / Mephiston / Ezekiel
Inquisitors + sanctioned psykers thereof

Ben Bunker 09-26-09 11:47 PM

Wate sort of powers woud the Emporer have.

killmaimburn 09-27-09 01:21 AM

Every sort. He can predict the future, blast fools to ash with psychic force, read minds, pulp brains, create primarchs, banish daemons, guide humanity through the warp, obliterate souls, and generally be awesome, etc.

Sethis 09-27-09 01:52 AM

Sorry, Eldrad beats the snot out of every human psyker apart from the Emperor.

Ranking him below Magnus the Red is an unfortunate mistake, ranking him below Ahriman is amusing and ranking him below rogue psykers is frankly insulting. Magnus couldn't alter his own fate, never mind that of his entire race.

Eldrad *caused* Armageddon, defeated the second rise of the Necrons, and single-handedly defeated Abbadon's Blackstone Fortress above the planet Cadia, and by extension saving the entire system and possibly the galaxy from the 13th Black Crusade.

He can see not only the future of the Eldar race, Humanity and Dante's pet cat "Tiddles", he can manipulate your destiny so that your skull rests more comfortably underneath his boot when he strides across the bodies of an Imperial Army he annihilated that afternoon. :P

@ Monty: "it's rather odd that human shamans could pour their essence into the emperor, thereby creating a god-like being, and the Eldar never decided to do something similar..."

You ever heard of Slaanesh? You ever wonder where s/he came from? Right. :laugh:

Khorne's Fist 09-27-09 02:16 AM

I think Eldrad would only rank below the Emperor, considering how long he was around and the profound effect he has had on the whole galaxy. Of the humans, it is well established fluff that Malcador was second in strength only to the Emperor, quite a ways ahead of Magnus.

Also, people are mentioning Tigurius and Mephiston, but if you want to talk about Librarians, Njal Stormcaller looks even more powerful than either. Even in 2nd Ed he was one of the most powerful characters in the game.

This opens up the whole debate about the classes of psyker. In some of the BL novels, particularly the Eisenstein novels they talk about rogue alpha class psykers who are way more powerful than even the strongest librarian or astropath, and laid waste to whole systems, such as the Apex twins. I know someone on another site, the Conclave I think, came to a very logical conclusion that the most powerful trained Imperial psyker was only a gamma or delta class, as anything more powerful was simply uncontrollable, and too open to corruption by the warp.